Has PGA Tour Live on ESPN+ been a success?

obedt

Reaction score
Handicap
Creciendo
Apologies if this has been asked before. Complicated question on the title, as it can be looked at in different ways:

*Personally, have you watched more since it moved over to ESPN+? Do you enjoy the coverage? Are you ok w/ the production?

*Has it gotten the PGA Tour increased viewership? This seems like a no-brainer but not sure if it’s the case.

*From ESPN’s perspective has it helped gain or retain customers? In my case, the bundle already made sense but this added content makes me want to retain the service.

By adding the bundle I am in a very small way contributing to its success! Great coverage and commentary without the hype and excessive commercial interruptions.

Last edited:
I watch every Thursday and Friday now. For me personally it's been a success

I watch every Thursday and Friday now. For me personally it's been a success
Same- it’s on in my office all day long. Nice to be able to look up during a boring Teams meeting and see something relatable.

I can't really say, as I am not a ppv sports guy. I don't like paying to also watch commercials.

I have caught a few golf telecasts when out traveling, while using the hotel's cable feed. The coverage is the same I see on weekends using free telecasts.

I would assume espn's golf coverage is a success, since they continue showing golf that way.

It’s successfully kept me as a subscriber

It was great for me as I already had ESPN+. Saved me a lil bit of $$ not having to pay for PGA Tour Live separately.

It’s the only thing I use ESPN + for.

I like that it's been added to TSN+ up here as it's opened up the Thursday/Friday watching. I don't have any issues with the coverage besides them cutting the feed at the American Express a few weeks ago on 17 :mad:

I just hope it is not the pipeline for future announcers. They are awful.

It's kept me as a subscriber but there are a couple of announcers who are supremely awful.

absolutely I watch it more.

The main feed has been awesome for a lot of these tournaments. I'm still sort of lukewarm on the idea of the forced featured groups unless they have two bigger names in them.

I just hope it is not the pipeline for future announcers. They are awful.
Some are bad. I like Will MacKenzie though.

I've probably watched more. Featured group on a rare occasion, featured hole more.

Had to watch it on mut the other day one of the announcers was so bad.

I love it; earlier coverage is great. The commentators typically don't give a crap what they say haha. Some of their one liners are hilarious. I love seeing all the bad shots too. They are human!

My feed cuts out every hour, so annoying! Otherwise no complaints really.

I have it on in the background while I work. It's nice to have

It’s been more successful than Jay Monahan, does that count for anything?

It’s been more successful than Jay Monahan, does that count for anything?
probably one his better moves

Sure do love that ESPN+ always forgets I'm a ESPN+ subscriber.

Of all the options across tours, ESPN+ is probably my favorite way to watch golf right now.

I watch less golf because I do not have an ESPN+ membership.

Back