Have you ever been fit for lie angle?

Yes. Noticed Toe dig so checked and needed 2 up.

I've never been fit for clubs, in any manner. Probably a detriment to my game.

I’m 1flat in irons and wedges. Not sure about putter. I think it was around 2 flat

Cleveland Van, 2003, as average Joe as average Joe could be.

I was fit for the first time ever to 1* flat. Makes no sense statically but dynamically it works

I was fit for the first time ever to 1* flat. Makes no sense statically but dynamically it works
People get too hung up on static when they self fit, I see it all the time.

People get too hung up on static when they self fit, I see it all the time.
Also never had as detailed of a fitting before. Like anything fitter dependent

Also never had as detailed of a fitting before. Like anything fitter dependent
It’s all about who you go to. There are a ton of incredible independent fitters, and some bad ones. Such is life.

Last fitting was 1° up and plus 1/2".

Yup, was fitted to 2° upright in my Srixons

Cant say that I am standard upright or flat -- because Mizunos have a 2 or so degree difference than the Titleist 150 irons.. where does Standard start? Dunno. I know what lie angle I like on my 8 iron and go from there, :unsure: :unsure:

Not technically "fit", but I play 2° upright. With stock lie angles, my divots are all very deep on the toe side.

2° in my irons. But, with my swing change I can actually see they're not right now.

I have a loft and lie machine now so I'll have to break it out and make some adjustments.

I've been fit for lie several times. 1° flat for me.

yes. but I prefer no lie board anymore

Yes, 2° flat

Been a while and will get that checked again when I start my GolfTec lessons!

My divots seem to suggest it works for now. Will let the pros tell me for sure.

Yes 2° flat. It’s been several years so recently when I was testing the new Apex Pros I hit all 3 fitting heads as an experiment. 2° up, standard, and 2° flat. Confirmed that 2° is still where I should be.

Though I wonder about 3 flat lol.

I have been fit multiple times. 1up with irons, although that can change depending on brand. I did one putter fitting but we never talked about lie angle. No fitting with wedges; I have gone back and forth with 1up or standard.

I did my first fitting right after joining THP. I was new to golf and took your advice. That was an old school outdoor fitting. Every fitting since was on some kind of launch monitor.

Many moons ago, for a Ping fitting, I was the most extreme upright color. I think it maroon dot and either 4 or 5* up. The fitter said he had never seen that before. It did not give me great comfort🤣

More recent fittings I have been 1-2* up.

yes

as my swing changes I routinely do some tests in practice and on course to help ensure I'm about where I need to be. I would not go and have the angle changed unless I was seeing a repeating pattern over a number of days and weeks. I've had down weeks of practice where i questioned lie only to see the issue gone 3 weeks later.

I'm stock lie on most clubs

Yes, but it was about 6 years ago. 2 degrees flat to most OEM specs and 1 degree flat to Mizuno specs.

Back