Heading to Myrtle Beach in August......

If you can, make the drive to Pawleys Island and play The Heritage Club, it's a Legends course and is a great layout and a fair test, the staff is exceptional. Any of the 3 on site are fun to play as well, heathland is the easiest of the bunch, and Moorland can hurt feelings lol..

+1 the heritage club was a good once when I played it 2 years back!

If you can, make the drive to Pawleys Island and play The Heritage Club, it's a Legends course and is a great layout and a fair test, the staff is exceptional. Any of the 3 on site are fun to play as well, heathland is the easiest of the bunch, and Moorland can hurt feelings lol..

Thank you! Will Do!

Just got back on Sunday from my 2nd trip to myrtle this year. Played Heather Glen, Glen Dornich and Farmstead. The Glen courses are really nice and Farmstead's #18 hole is a par 6. The Legends courses are very nice as well, Got my last lesson from Eddie at Legends.

If you get time hit up True Blue. Its a fun but tight course.

So I booked my tee times for next week in Myrtle. I have Heathland on Thursday, Heritage on Friday, and the wife will join me for Oyster Bay on Sunday. Hopefully these 3 are good courses for the area. Plus I've never played a Links course before so am a little excited to see how they play.

That's great, not a bad course in that bunch. The range at Legends is fantastic and the putting green is the largest I've ever seen..

Just heard from our booking agent.
Had to cancel World Tour due to the Golf Week World Am Tourney.

Put us on TPC Myrtle for $20 less :drinks:

Apparently the Finals got moved to TPC and that's on Friday and the rest of the week is wide open.
Based on the recommendations I almost pulled the trigger on Caledonia but it would have been $20 more than World Tour was.
TPC for $80pp at 859AM - no brainer, IMO.

Just heard from our booking agent.
Had to cancel World Tour due to the Golf Week World Am Tourney.

Put us on TPC Myrtle for $20 less :drinks:

Apparently the Finals got moved to TPC and that's on Friday and the rest of the week is wide open.
Based on the recommendations I almost pulled the trigger on Caledonia but it would have been $20 more than World Tour was.
TPC for $80pp at 859AM - no brainer, IMO.

Damn, that's an incredible deal. Hope you enjoy it man, those are some of the top courses I've played down there. Also reccommend the Legends if you get a chance, the Moorland course. Some other good places are Diamond Back and Tiger's Eye.

Damn, that's an incredible deal. Hope you enjoy it man, those are some of the top courses I've played down there. Also reccommend the Legends if you get a chance, the Moorland course. Some other good places are Diamond Back and Tiger's Eye.

Just came back from there and had a blast. Heritage Plantation was amazing, a true Augusta feel to it. Oyster Bay was nice, Moorland from the tips is straight up difficult, and Heathland had a ton of wind. But everyone kept telling me to go play Caledonia also. They say thats the cream of the crop there.

Just came back from there and had a blast. Heritage Plantation was amazing, a true Augusta feel to it. Oyster Bay was nice, Moorland from the tips is straight up difficult, and Heathland had a ton of wind. But everyone kept telling me to go play Caledonia also. They say thats the cream of the crop there.

There aren't a lot of courses I play from the tips and just go, wow this is way too easy. :D

I'm heading down to MB the 7th-13th or so before I make the drive over to USC. Probably get a couple of rounds in.

There aren't a lot of courses I play from the tips and just go, wow this is way too easy. :D

I'm heading down to MB the 7th-13th or so before I make the drive over to USC. Probably get a couple of rounds in.

true that for me but with your handicap you should be playing all from the tips :D . Play Heritage Plantation, just watch out for the gator on 14!

true that for me but with your handicap you should be playing all from the tips :D . Play Heritage Plantation, just watch out for the gator on 14!

As I do, but at $80 bucks a pop, I might look for some cheaper deals now that I pay for a lot of my own golf.

Just played it on Thursday, it is in pretty good shape considering the drought they are having, over a 12 inch deficit right now. The fairways were alright, but the greens were in excellent shape. Here are some pics.

Spoiler
P7201513.jpg

Spoiler
P7211523.jpg

Spoiler
P7211521.jpg

Spoiler
P7211528.jpg

Last edited:
Just got an email from the booking agent and am awaiting a call back.
We've been 86'd from TPC due to the World Am :at-wits-end:.

Probably gonna request Caledonia, Myrtle Beach Nationa (King's North) or True Blue as the replacement in that order.
If there's any other suggestions out there, feel free to post them.

I'm headed down to Myrtle next week. I haven't booked tee times yet but I am leaning towards World Golf Tour (where I am staying - $79 if you book w/in 48 hours) and Legends - Moorland. Family vacation so wife gave me two passes. Only issue is my brother isn't a big golfer and doesn't want to shell out $100+ for Caldonia or Dunes Club. Might play TPC instead of Moorland (TPC has Friday AM rate of $74) or if we can't get the $79 WGT rate. Also considering MBN West for $39 which seems like a steal!

The problem with only being able to play 2 rounds is its hard to choose from so many quality options!

I'm headed down to Myrtle next week. I haven't booked tee times yet but I am leaning towards World Golf Tour (where I am staying - $79 if you book w/in 48 hours) and Legends - Moorland. Family vacation so wife gave me two passes. Only issue is my brother isn't a big golfer and doesn't want to shell out $100+ for Caldonia or Dunes Club. Might play TPC instead of Moorland (TPC has Friday AM rate of $74) or if we can't get the $79 WGT rate. Also considering MBN West for $39 which seems like a steal!

The problem with only being able to play 2 rounds is its hard to choose from so many quality options!

I'll tell ya what my booking agent said about World Tour. It's always in great shape. The staff are very nice, but if you're expecting the actual holes, you're going to be disappointed. I was actually kinda relieved that he called and we got booted off of World Tour.
We went with MBN Kings North for our fourth.

Dankil - if you can only play two, the place I booked through owns Tidewater and the Grande Dunes Resort. You can do a 2 round package for Tidewater and Grande Dunes Resort Course for a pretty reasonable rate.

I'll tell ya what my booking agent said about World Tour. It's always in great shape. The staff are very nice, but if you're expecting the actual holes, you're going to be disappointed. I was actually kinda relieved that he called and we got booted off of World Tour.
We went with MBN Kings North for our fourth.

Dankil - if you can only play two, the place I booked through owns Tidewater and the Grande Dunes Resort. You can do a 2 round package for Tidewater and Grande Dunes Resort Course for a pretty reasonable rate.

Yeah my buddy played WGT and he said the same thing - it was in fantastic shape but the holes aren't exact replicas. That being said, its more a convenience factor since we are staying there - if I can get an early tee time we'll be back with family before noon.

That being said, I'll definitely look into the Grand Dunes/Tidewater combo. I saw the 3 round deal with the Pro Vs but my wife isn't bending on the 2 round limit. Thanks!

Yeah my buddy played WGT and he said the same thing - it was in fantastic shape but the holes aren't exact replicas. That being said, its more a convenience factor since we are staying there - if I can get an early tee time we'll be back with family before noon.

That being said, I'll definitely look into the Grand Dunes/Tidewater combo. I saw the 3 round deal with the Pro Vs but my wife isn't bending on the 2 round limit. Thanks!

Sure thing - whatever you go with, have fun.
I'll be there the week after you. Too bad or we coulda hooked up for a round.

Just played it on Thursday, it is in pretty good shape considering the drought they are having, over a 12 inch deficit right now. The fairways were alright, but the greens were in excellent shape. Here are some pics.

Spoiler
P7201513.jpg

Spoiler
P7211523.jpg

Spoiler
P7211521.jpg

Spoiler
P7211528.jpg

Talk about some run on your drives haha.

Made it back from MB last night after a great week of weather! Played World Golf Tour on Monday after some pretty heavy thunderstorms overnight. The greens were in poor shape - the greens were very slow and their were footprints thru out the entire green from being hand mowed. #5 on the Open course had very little grass on it - and a lot of the greens had areas that were just sand patches. The layout itself was OK - it was neat to play Amen corner (although #12 was 175 yds and a 7 iron in versus the 140 the pros play) and TPC #17. We also stayed right on the 9th hole of the Open course, so we walked out our slider door up to the clubhouse. Still, poor value for $79, and I wouldn't play it again unless I was staying on the property (for convenience). I hit the ball great, but couldn't make a putt outside of 5 feet on the greens.

On Wed we played Legends - Moorland. What a great course, and it was in tip-top shape! For $64 we also had breakfast, lunch and 2 drink tickets. Pace of play was terrible. We were the 1st group off at 7AM and had at least a 30 minute wait on #10 as the last tee time of 9:08 was more like 9:38. It also took 2 1/2 hours to play the last nine, bringing it to a 5 hour 15 minute hour round. That being said, the course was tough (slope 140) but fun to play. I played the Tips and shot an 82 with 2 triples, including one of the 260 yards Par 4 16th - Hell's 1/2 Acre hole.

Sounds like you had a good time, nothing like getting to play a new (to you) course.

Made it back from MB last night after a great week of weather! Played World Golf Tour on Monday after some pretty heavy thunderstorms overnight. The greens were in poor shape - the greens were very slow and their were footprints thru out the entire green from being hand mowed. #5 on the Open course had very little grass on it - and a lot of the greens had areas that were just sand patches. The layout itself was OK - it was neat to play Amen corner (although #12 was 175 yds and a 7 iron in versus the 140 the pros play) and TPC #17. We also stayed right on the 9th hole of the Open course, so we walked out our slider door up to the clubhouse. Still, poor value for $79, and I wouldn't play it again unless I was staying on the property (for convenience). I hit the ball great, but couldn't make a putt outside of 5 feet on the greens.

On Wed we played Legends - Moorland. What a great course, and it was in tip-top shape! For $64 we also had breakfast, lunch and 2 drink tickets. Pace of play was terrible. We were the 1st group off at 7AM and had at least a 30 minute wait on #10 as the last tee time of 9:08 was more like 9:38. It also took 2 1/2 hours to play the last nine, bringing it to a 5 hour 15 minute hour round. That being said, the course was tough (slope 140) but fun to play. I played the Tips and shot an 82 with 2 triples, including one of the 260 yards Par 4 16th - Hell's 1/2 Acre hole.

Moorland is my favorite track there, glad you enjoyed it despite the length of the round. I was down there for 4 days of golf this time last year and we blew through our morning and afternoon rounds, averaging between 3:15 and 3:30. That said you could just feel the lack of traffic on all the courses, it was a ghost town. I'm guessing things have picked up a bit this year.

Sorry to hear about your time at World Tour, it's a shame you paid that much and got mediocre conditions, but Moorland on the other hand is a great course and all the Legends courses are usually in great shape! Myrtle is a great golf destination.

There are so many great courses in MB and Pauleys island. I used to take my group to the Legends for the Faintail Cup until we discovered all the other great tracks in the area.

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Back