Heavenwood - 5 wood replacement or do you bag both?

Yenz

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been playing with a 5 wood in my bag since I started playing.
Read so much about the heavenwood (v series) and decided to get a used one. Turns out its such good fun. Easy to launch and nearly as long as my 5 wood. Anyone ditch their 5 wood for the heavenwood? Or do you keep both for just that potentially extra 10 yards.

The GBB version replaced a 5 wood and 3 hybrid for me.

The heavenwood may be a touch longer for me. I'm considering going driver-HW-3 hybrid or 7 wood

I replaced my 5w and 3hy like JB with the GBB Heavenwood

It works wonders for so many different shots

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I ditched my X2Hot 5w (which I really liked) for my Heavenwood (which I LOVE).

I originally replaced my 5W with my Heavenwood. At the end of last season I put a 5W back in the bag but will wait until spring to figure out if one or both stays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also replaced a 5W with the GBB HW. It's winter here, so I haven't been able to test it much yet.

Seems like the gbb heavenwood is pretty popular.

I replaced my 5w and 3h with a HW but at 43" found it was no easier to make solid contact than a 43" 3w was. Found a 17* hybrid which is 3" shorter shaft length wise which is much easier to hit and 10 yds longer than the HW. Easy switch.

The GBB version replaced a 5 wood and 3 hybrid for me.

This is where the V series fits for me. Right in between the two of those.

The GBB heavenwood in my bag is one of my favorite clubs to hit.

I have a 5 wood and the Heavenwood in the bag rigjt now, but I may be about to replace the 5 with a 3 wood. The 5 wood is a bit longer, but not by much so I think adding a 3 wood would be a better use of the space.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Definitely a replacement for me. Heavenwood replaced my 4/5wood as well as my hybrids. Absolutely love my V-Series Heavenwood, so much so that a GBB Heavenwood (or potentially an Epic 3W if one exists) will be finding its way to my bag this year.

I started out with the Vseries and moved to the GBB Heavenwood, I have bagged a 5w in a long time.

I had the V series HW for a very short time after a lot of internet forum hype. I didn't give it a lot of test before I got rid of it. But I found it too light, probably mostly the shaft (though I added a touch of headweight) and the large footprint at the cc size and length of a 3 wood didn't inspire confidence. I got better performance and versatility with my G25 4 wood of similar headsize and same length and and my 3 and 4 hybrids.

I recently added XR16 4 and 7 woods (and driver). I am going to test them down south next month in dry and sometimes windy conditions to see if there is a place for both the 20* hybrid and 7W, leaving out the 60 wedge.

I started out with the Vseries and moved to the GBB Heavenwood, I have bagged a 5w in a long time.

How does the gbb version compare with the v series?

They are almost the same distance for me, so I ditched the 5 wood for the more versatile heavenwood.

I ditched my 5 wood for the GBB Heavenwood...so easy to hit and control. Never hit the V-Series, I was hooked on the GBB.

I had both versions of the HW and for me, the v series was more reliable and easier to hit than the GBB, but I saw more distance out of the GBB and it was also very forgiving. I moved back to a 5W, mainly because I get more distance out of it and my 3h has become much more reliable.

If I were to go back to the HW, I would get the V series. I liked how it felt throughout the swing better and I found it more forgiving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My heavenwood replaced my 3 and my 5 wood. Couldn't hit either off the deck, so they went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a v series Heavenwood that I'm not playing.....I hook the damn thing off the planet.

May need to throw it in the Marketplace

For me the V Series was 5 yds longer. I think it was lighter than the GBB version.

The GBB version is lower spin and lower launching.
I gained 12 yards of distance with the GBB version from the V-Series because of that reduction. Others might need the spin and launch and therefore not see the the same increases.

I feel the ball jump more off the face than I did with the Vseries. On average I'm about 10-15 yards longer with the GBB version and feel my mishits aren't as penal.

That's not to say that the Vseries doesn't help mishits bc it's does, the GBB is just a better upgrade.

Id go heavenwood juat for ease of us and versatility

Back