IPv6Freely

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all.

I've been following @hackersparadise on Twitter for a while now, and figured I'd sign up for the site. It's a little overwhelming for such a new golfer to come here... intimidating even. So much of what everyone talks about is way over my head. Oh well...

I have an unofficial handicap of 19.6, according to my stats at oobgolf.com

I just started this past spring, and very much looking forward to next season. At this point I've cleaned my clubs, ready to be put away for next spring. Can't come soon enough!

I see most of the people on here have signatures showing what they have in their bags... I didn't see a signature options page in my profile. Can somebody point me in the direction of a thread or something to explain how/where to get the brand name icons and such? :confused2:

Thanks!

Welcome to THP! Pittsburg, KS huh? That's where I went to college.

Hello and :welcome:

Yep, Pitt State. 27 years ago.

Football sucked this season.

Hi IP, Welcome. I think you will like it here. There are plenty of nubes here as well and lots of friendly advice.

Hey all.

I see most of the people on here have signatures showing what they have in their bags... I didn't see a signature options page in my profile. Can somebody point me in the direction of a thread or something to explain how/where to get the brand name icons and such? :confused2:

Thanks!

Not sure on this but I think the sig option is opened after a number of posts.

That's right, I think it's 10 posts.

Welcome IPv6Freely! I didn't go to school there, but grew up pretty close. Spent a lot of years in the area. Hope you enjoy the site.

Welcome to THP

Thanks guys! :)

Welcome, and didn't it get bumped up to 20 posts for the signature?

Never mind; natter away and it will come up soon enough. We only sound like gearheads; mostly we natter.

Welcome to THP! Pittsburg, KS huh? That's where I went to college.

FYI . . . I also went to a MIAA school. The only NCAA program that would give me money to play ball.

Welcome IPv6!

Welcome to THP!!! As mentioned there are lots of newbies to the sport so please don't feel intimated and if you have questions ask away everyone here is very helpful. We also have an ask the pro section where you can directly as a professional about tips and such regarding your game. Andy is a great guy and loves to help.

:welcome:

Sooo... I moved to California and haven't played golf since. It went from $5 for 9 holes after 4pm in Kansas to... well, a lot more expensive than that. It was really hard to justify the idea of spending $40-60 on a round, at my skill level, knowing I'd just be frustrated the whole time.

That said, I've really had an itch lately to get out there. I do miss it. So, I'm back here and going to poke around. I was thinking of buying some new clubs to really get me in the mood to get out there! The Walmart brand stuff isn't going to cut it! The only stuff I ever upgraded was my driver and putter mostly.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi... again.

Sooo... I moved to California and haven't played golf since. It went from $5 for 9 holes after 4pm in Kansas to... well, a lot more expensive than that. It was really hard to justify the idea of spending $40-60 on a round, at my skill level, knowing I'd just be frustrated the whole time.

That said, I've really had an itch lately to get out there. I do miss it. So, I'm back here and going to poke around. I was thinking of buying some new clubs to really get me in the mood to get out there! The Walmart brand stuff isn't going to cut it! The only stuff I ever upgraded was my driver and putter mostly.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi... again.
Welcome back. Where in CA did you move to? Hit up some local THPers to play as that will help get you back into the groove!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

:welcome: Don't be intimidated at all. Jump right in and ask questions. All THPers are more then willing to offer up their knowledge. Trust me. I started in the same exact boat as you not quite 2 years ago and have learned so much and made a ton of very good friends along the way!

Welcome aboard. Yea, agree with the other posters. Ask away. I can’t say how luck I was to find this site and ask questions. So many good people with the knowledge about all facets of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP & good luck in California.

WHat kind of irons you get probably depend on what kind of swing you have now. Some of the super game improvement clubs have really wide soles, and if you have a steep swing (if you come into the ball at a steep angle of attack), those might not work as well for you as someone who tends to sweep or pick the ball & take little/no divots.

There are a ton of really good used club sets on ebay now. Srixon Z355 irons sets can be had for a little over $200 if you look.

If you can get a lesson from a good pro, they might be able to help you narrow down what clubs would work better for you. What kind of shaft material & flex works best for you, etc.

Good luck!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP! It’s the best place in the net for all sorts of golfers so don’t be intimidated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back