How do you mark your ball?

A big V under the logo on both sides.

"hey, there is a ball up there 40 yards ahead of mine with a blue V on it."

"Thats mine"... Hit away.

This is very jouvenile but if I find a ball in the woods I mark it with a sperm and wright "one good shot" then throw it in the rough for a group behind me to find again very childish but I would be laughing my butt off if I were the one to find it.

:laughing: That's hilarious, rep added

Sorry to bring an old thread to life, I just wanted to show off how I mark my ball

7219813870_f6326dc75b.jpg

The other sides

7219814114_177d15d316.jpg

Oh joy, I have 24 more of these to do haha

Oh joy, I have 24 more of these to do haha

Wow! Lots of work put in there. I don't think I'd be able to concentrate with one of those!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

triangle around the numbers -- used to use a black sharpie marker, now I use a black sharpie paint pen (extra-fine point).

I've got a new way of marking my ball after the boring bottom dot for the last couple years.. it's a bit of a reference to my Canadian heritage, and I love it.

9C1DB493-B266-46FB-9D5D-AFB24459BE17-6117-0000066C702BE2AD.jpg

Artistic and classy - LOVE IT.

(I use an equal sign above the number, which is just a small nod to my accounting profession.)

I've got a new way of marking my ball after the boring bottom dot for the last couple years.. it's a bit of a reference to my Canadian heritage, and I love it.

9C1DB493-B266-46FB-9D5D-AFB24459BE17-6117-0000066C702BE2AD.jpg

Artistic and classy - LOVE IT.

(I use an equal sign above the number, which is just a small nod to my accounting profession.)

hah, thanks RR! I think it's great when people make it personal. Your = sign is fantastic!

From the title I thought that this thread was about what you use as a ball marker on the green. :) Perhaps we should start a thread for that.

As for marking the ball, I use just a small blue dot to the right of Y in Callaway. I actually ran into a case yesterday in a tournament where a guy in my foursome also played the Hex Black and also marked his the same way I did! So for that day, I added a silver mark next to the C.

blue dot, navy or carolina in the top right above the brand name.

Shamrock

From the title I thought that this thread was about what you use as a ball marker on the green. :) Perhaps we should start a thread for that.

I am almost certain there was one last year.. Worth having a look for.

Line either along the seam or on the aimer that is already there. Then I put either 42 or 137 on the other side of the ball (depending on how I've been playing lately).

I mark mine with a dime behind the ball......Oh, not THAT marking the ball...

Found this on a course the other day. Interesting "markings":

2012-08-25_12-05-47_419.jpg

How do you guys mark your balls?

How do you guys mark your balls?

Searching I found a few threads about marking them for putting alignment, but not for identification purposes. Some people get creative I'm curious to see how other THPers mark there ball. I do mine the same no matter what ball I play. I put 5 black dots about the name that's above the number. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351210826.691305.jpg

orange dot below number

I don't have a picture, but 4 dots around the name+number. 1 above and 1 below, and 1 on each side. Normally do 1 sleeve a color, and switch. If I'm feeling lazy then an entire box becomes one color. I've played with some people who don't understand the idea, until they can't tell which ball is theirs.

I've always marked them with a treble clef musical sign in red and my initials on the other side!

I don't have a picture, but 4 dots around the name+number. 1 above and 1 below, and 1 on each side. Normally do 1 sleeve a color, and switch. If I'm feeling lazy then an entire box becomes one color. I've played with some people who don't understand the idea, until they can't tell which ball is theirs.

I used to kinda do it like that. Like this. But switched to the all 5.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351211453.166335.jpg

Usually a line through the name for putting and a dot to the left of the # on the other side.

I've always marked them with a treble clef musical sign in red and my initials on the other side!

See that's the creative of stuff I wanna see!

asu__52607.1348588730.350.466.jpg

I use this..

Back