How do you mark your ball?

Merged with a big thread on the subject.

Thank you sir. Sorry about the new thread. Thought I dug deep enough but apparently not!

A tiny pink dot on each side of the number. I'm paranoid that too much ink will affect the flight. I know, I know, the pros draw cartoons on them and stuff, but... I'm cautious :angel:

Pretty conservative here too, one green dot right next to the number. Always on a Bridgestone of late too.

Straight line over the 330s marking.

I dont ever really mark my ball. I ask what others are playing, if someone else is playing the same ball, I look at the number. If someone else is playing the same number and ball, then I will mark it.

Fact; TNolan has the best ball marking I have ever seen.

Usually just draw or scribble a line through the name of the manufacturer. I'm not patient enough to be all artistic and draw stuff and align dots in unison.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

I use a Tin Cup "Brown University" marker with an orange sharpie on one side above "Titleist", and draw a green alignment line for putting.

It makes it really easy to identify the ball from a distance, usually either the line or some part of the orange logo is visible.

I don't mark mine unless I'm playing with someone who's hitting the same ones. They end up in the water/woods so often I don't waste my time!

I dont ever really mark my ball. I ask what others are playing, if someone else is playing the same ball, I look at the number. If someone else is playing the same number and ball, then I will mark it.

Fact; TNolan has the best ball marking I have ever seen.

Quoting this because I want to see it.

I don't mark mine unless I'm playing with someone who's hitting the same ones. They end up in the water/woods so often I don't waste my time!

Yep.

I usually order number 7,8,9's on my titleist so no one uses those numbers most times anywho

i use a tin cup too
wish they made a san diego chargers one
tincupthejollyroger2.jpg

Dude, I need one of these. Nice choice!

Yeah, I was going to be in AZ next month and play Grey Hawk, my wife wanting a divorce screwed that up. I'm upset.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

A "KS" to the left of the number of my Bridgestone's.

I really like the Margarita glass one, but I think $20 is too expensive for a ball marker lol, as awesome as it may be, I'd rather free hand it and keep the money for gas
i use a tin cup too
wish they made a san diego chargers one
tincupthejollyroger2.jpg

Three black dots over the brand, in a triangle.

I mark mine with a dime behind the ball......Oh, not THAT marking the ball...

Found this on a course the other day. Interesting "markings":

2012-08-25_12-05-47_419.jpg

that sure is interesting but THIS is Awesome:

I really like the Margarita glass one, but I think $20 is too expensive for a ball marker lol, as awesome as it may be, I'd rather free hand it and keep the money for gas
i got mine for $15 at the kingsmill proshop during the lpga touney

Recently I had my 7 year old daughter print her name on my golf balls. I was always doing something more subtle as too much on the ball seems to distract me but gave this a shot and love it. Seeing her name when I am hitting is great. I say things like "OK, Olivia, get this to the pin!" LOL

that's a really good price, these things are awesome and I find myself staring through their website every once in a while lol, I look at it like this though-another dozen balls, or a tool to mark them lol
i got mine for $15 at the kingsmill proshop during the lpga touney

that's a really good price, these things are awesome and I find myself staring through their website every once in a while lol, I look at it like this though-another dozen balls, or a tool to mark them lol
yeah the price point is kinda high but i love the thing and so far im the only one ive seen that has it so its even better

I just write I'm not lost leave me alone.

I hate walking down the fairway to find someone else about to hit my ball

black line down the equator (or over the pointer if no seam), then either the number 42 if I'm playing well, or 137 if slumping.

I put a squiggly Orange line through the Bridgestone logo

Back