How Do You Mark Your Ball?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have had threads like this in the past, but no good ones recently. How do you mark your ball?

Usually 2 dots on either side of the number on the ball and a green line I use for putting. Unless there is a logo on the ball then typically just the putting line.

3 red dots in a V below the name of the ball.

6d79ac65ad2db4c8dee5bb39151cda55.jpg

Just a simple check mark to the right of the number. It's quick, easy, and I haven't seen anyone else do the same so I know it's always mine. I usually don't mark the ball unless I am playing in a competition though.

Been adding a dot around the number on both sides of the ball lately. Will vary the # of dots and location of each from time to time, but usually defaults to a black dot on upper right side of number.

I don't bother, no one around plays Cut balls and my yellow Q-Stars I don't lose.:p

Red dot on either side of the number on both sides, been doing that for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't. I've yet to run into a player gaming Cut balls.

I use a paw stencil. I find it relaxing to do, and it makes me smile throughout the round whenever I see it. Plus it’s simple to say when someone is helping me look for my ball. “Titleist # with a black paw”

Usually with a tree or a cart path. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It varies, but lately I put a few dots on them. Okay, I put a lot of dots on them. @T0AD calls it FauxVis. I bet this method will not be real popular, but it helps me focus on a single point easier.
MVIMG_20181014_111913.jpg

The day I mistakenly hit my buddies ball I told myself never again. I use a tin cup template to mark two bold red stars. I’ve never had an issue since.

Last edited:
I use a Tin Cup "Lightning" stencil, over the number on one side, or with the Bridgestone "B" balls I put a lightning bolt through the B. Like @YukonLiving , I find it a relaxing little something to do, usually after cleaning my clubs.

Bridgestones.jpg

With a hammered copper ballmarker that says "Bad Mother #$@$$" on it.

:p

I've stopped marking my ball. Since I don't play Titleist, I find that I'm usually the only person in my group playing whatever make/model. I haven't had an issue in forever.

I put a small red and blue line near the branding text or logo if I'm playing a white ball to get the patriotic theme going. ;) Otherwise when playing bright orange or bright red no need because nobody I play with uses those colors.

Neon green marker with a dot on the left side and 3 dots on the right side of the logo

Attachments

• 4F22D205-F86B-4B31-961F-C040F657974E.jpeg
    4F22D205-F86B-4B31-961F-C040F657974E.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 21
I always use yellow balls, so it's not usually a problem, but when I do mark my ball (always in tourneys) I circle the number.

Back