How Good is Ohtani?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

He is f’ing amazing..

I was prepared to say as good as Ruth when I clicked into this thread. Glad the stats back up that thought

He really is amazing

Has an absolutely legit chance to go down as the greatest player in history. Just amazing.

Will for sure get paid both the biggest annual average and total ever 18 months from now.

He's a video game character come to life.

It's hard to really find a proper comp. It's like if a Norris-winning defensemen was leading the league in goals too. Or your starting QB was like an all-pro cornerback.

I don't know.....i mean it's crazy. Babe Ruth is the only one in history to do similar things and that was 100 years ago when baseball was segregated and guys smoked cigars in the on-deck circle

He’s a generational talent.

Him and Trout are wasted on the Angels

Considering he leads pretty much everything on his team other than saves, I’d say he’s pretty damn good
IMG_2550.jpeg
IMG_2551.jpeg

The Pirates went yard on him four times last night…

…and still got smoked. Ugh. But wow, he’s unbelievable. He’s a really good athlete for his size as well. Dude moves around the bases with those big ol’ strides.

I’m 44. He’s the only baseball player other than juiced up Barry Bonds in 2001-2004 that is can’t miss tv in my lifetime. Only other exception might be the end of the Sosa McGuire chase. But he’s legit amazing.

I’m 44. He’s the only baseball player other juiced up Barry Bonds in 2001-2004 that is can’t miss tv in my lifetime. Only other exception might be the end of the soda McGuire chase. But he’s legit amazing.
You didn’t think Mcgwire/Sosa/Griffey battle that year was must see tv?

He is incredible. How he can be a top 3 hitter and pitcher at the same time is mind boggling. Will be interesting to see what they get in return when they trade him.

Those are very old, right? doesn’t he have 35 HR now?
I grabbed an old picture but it’s still the same result. He’s ridiculously good. Going to be interesting to see what kind of contract he gets. You really are getting an ace pitcher and superstar hitter in one.

it saved baseball. It was a great summer! Sammy now looks like a made up vampire from a D movie.
1690073280637.png

The end of it was. Although my brain doesn’t include Griffey. But that was just the end. I just think what he’s doing is amazing. Even if it’s those three groups what he is doing is epic.

Ridiculously good... but not good enough to make the angels relevant. Sorry to any Angels fans, but it is the truth.

Can you imagine the stats he would have if he played during the Ruth era..?
His career would have been over because Tommy John surgery wasn't a thing.

He is leading WAR for 2023 by wide margin, there is the same gap between 1 and 2 as there is 2 and 24. Only judge was higher in 2022 when he set the steroid free HR record and lead again in 2021.

Back