How Good is Ohtani?

He is absolutely amazing! Would love to see him call Fenway Park home!

If he continues on this trajectory, he'll be the best ever...................

He is unbelievable. Every game seeing him feels like an event.

He's a generational player for sure, watching him play is going to be every kids inspiration for a number of years

If he continues on this trajectory, he'll be the best ever...................
He's got a ways to go to knock Ruth out of GOAT status. Ruth's lifetime Batting Average was .342, Ohtani's before this year is .268. Ruth was the man for approx. 13 years, let's see how Ohtani holds up.

Can you imagine the stats he would have if he played during the Ruth era..?
Walter Johnson, Lefty Grove and Burley Grimes weren't bums. He'd be pitching against Ty Cobb, Jimmy Foxx, Lou Gehrig and The Babe. Long train rides, no modern medicine, no weight room or personal fitness trainer. Are you taking that into consideration?

Spit balls too.

He's got a ways to go to knock Ruth out of GOAT status. Ruth's lifetime Batting Average was .342, Ohtani's before this year is .268. Ruth was the man for approx. 13 years, let's see how Ohtani holds up.
Just like all other sports, it is a very hard conversation to have when you start thinking about 'best ever' or GOAT's. Different eras present different challenges. It's impossible to say what Ruth would have done in the modern era or what Ohtani would have done in Ruth's era.

He's so fun to watch.

Just like all other sports, it is a very hard conversation to have when you start thinking about 'best ever' or GOAT's. Different eras present different challenges. It's impossible to say what Ruth would have done in the modern era or what Ohtani would have done in Ruth's era.

He's so fun to watch.
Be interesting to see what kind of money he winds up getting. Definitely the man these days.

In this era, it is so dang impressive to me. He is so fun to watch and seems like a good dude.

While individual stats very impressive, obviously can’t carry a team by yourself. The team has underperformed with the Ohtani Trout duo.

I don't watch a lot of baseball but I know of him. He is literally once in a lifetime player

Love seeing someone both pitch and hit. Would love to see more of that. Dude is crazy good

Point taken. What was Ruth's ERA again.......?

He's great but as @mancest said, the Angels are not savable. Ohtani is great in both hitting and pitching and will be the first $500+ M player. However, I will take (2) players like Freddie Freeman and Mookie Betts to fill two spots vs just him One guy, no matter how good cannot make a team. Perhaps the Dodgers will add him to the roster also. GO DODGERS!!!!! 🔥

Special talent. He's like that 12 year old who did everything in Little League. Except it's Major League. Hope he stays healthy.

He is incredible. How he can be a top 3 hitter and pitcher at the same time is mind boggling. Will be interesting to see what they get in return when they trade him.

The Angels owner won't trade him this year, and won't even trade him next year. Because he's an idiot. This is why the Angels suck in spite of having both Trout and Ohtani.

As some say, he’s all that and a bag of chips.

nothing like him in the modern game.

The Angels owner won't trade him this year, and won't even trade him next year. Because he's an idiot. This is why the Angels suck in spite of having both Trout and Ohtani.
He is a free agent at the end of this season. He has to get something for him.

He is a free agent at the end of this season. He has to get something for him.

Sorry, I thought his last extension went another year.

And...he won't be traded because that owner is a complete idiot and they will end up with nothing for him.

He's two transcendent players in one, so he'll sign a new contract that's stratospheric. Like in the $75m/$225m/3yr range.

Sadly, I don't see him on the Brewers or Twins next year.

Love seeing someone both pitch and hit. Would love to see more of that. Dude is crazy good

You’re going to see more of it. Teams have drafted players with the intention of having them be full time pitchers and hitters.

Sorry, I thought his last extension went another year.

And...he won't be traded because that owner is a complete idiot and they will end up with nothing for him.

He's two transcendent players in one, so he'll sign a new contract that's stratospheric. Like in the $75m/$225m/3yr range.

Sadly, I don't see him on the Brewers or Twins next year.
What do you mean? The twins sign players like him all the time! 😂😂😂😂

I have heard $600 milly as the bar for him.

He's great but as @mancest said, the Angels are not savable. Ohtani is great in both hitting and pitching and will be the first $500+ M player. However, I will take (2) players like Freddie Freeman and Mookie Betts to fill two spots vs just him One guy, no matter how good cannot make a team. Perhaps the Dodgers will add him to the roster also. GO DODGERS!!!!! 🔥

The Angels just illustrate how important pitching is, as in having dependable starting pitchers and relievers.

What do you mean? The twins sign players like him all the time! 😂😂😂😂

I have heard $600 milly as the bar for him.

I think the floor is 500 million. Getting to a higher figure may depend on who’s bidding. You’re going to likely have to have more than 1 team willing to pay him significantly more. Teams won’t bid against themselves.

Back