How Good is Ohtani?

Torn UCL, ugh such a bummer

Could really be following Ruth and stop pitching midway through his career. Wonder how this will impact his free agency.

Ugh is right...… This guy is so good for baseball. Doing things that nobody even thought possible in this era of the game.
I'm assuming goes the Tommy John surgery route and comes back strong. If not, he's still got great value as hitter.

We’ll have to wait to learn the extent of the injury. Leaves us with the questions of when he can come back as a hitter and when he can come back as a pitcher.

I honestly don’t think he plays again this season. The Angels aren’t going to the playoffs and there are 500 or so million reasons not to aggravate the elbow injury even if only as a DH.
I'm curious if he does end up getting Tommy John... how it affects his free agency. The poor Angels... they might be cursed at this point.

I'm curious if he does end up getting Tommy John... how it affects his free agency. The poor Angels... they might be cursed at this point.

Every time I see the name "Tommy John" I often wonder if people realize that Tommy John was a very good pitcher for a long time and is not just someone remembered because a fairly common surgery was named after him. He had 288 wins and pitched 26 seasons. He had 164 of those wins after the surgery. Interestingly, only one player has more wins than him and is not in the Hall of Fame (Clemens).

Most impressive player in my lifetime.

Every time I see the name "Tommy John" I often wonder if people realize that Tommy John was a very good pitcher for a long time and is not just someone remembered because a fairly common surgery was named after him. He had 288 wins and pitched 26 seasons. He had 164 of those wins after the surgery. Interestingly, only one player has more wins than him and is not in the Hall of Fame (Clemens).
Same... I have family that knows him personally. For Christmas one year I received a framed pic of him in Dodgers uniform autographed personally to me. One of my fav items.

There are 2 guys not in the Hall with more wins than him - but either way, he was a really solid pitcher.

There are 2 guys not in the Hall with more wins than him - but either way, he was a really solid pitcher.

You made me look that one up. I never knew of Bobby Mathews or his 297 wins. :LOL:

A shame. He was having a historic season.

Back