How many dividers in bag... Why?

LoPan12

Reaction score
Handicap
What kind of bag divider, numerically, and design-wise, do you like? Why?
I recently read some comments about what someone thought when they saw a 14-way ("noobish") and wondered, what are all the reasons why people like different bag dividers?
I'm relatively new to the game. I started with a 5-way stand bag, but didn't like how grips snagged/tangled/(better word for this?) in the irons and the woods. So I picked up an older SM Four 5 and I love it. Only downside I found is the awkward find-a-place-for-putter game and hard to take extra clubs to the range to try, without taking some other clubs out anyhow...

14 with full length dividers in between them. Got a C130 cart bag for this year and it's fantastic. Not sure I'd go any other way moving forward

14 way too for me, each club has its own spot. This needs to include a putter well so I can grab it out quickly.

The less is better approach for me. Dont like 14 way dividers at all and just assume have just a couple.

14 way at the minimum. Some sort of club management system to keep them from banging into each other is preferred.

Then again, I'm one of those guys who people make fun of for using iron covers.

I have a 6 way now and I don't really like it because they aren't full-length.
My old Clicgear bag had a full length 14-way and it was much more user-friendly.

I like 5 or 6 way. So much easier than having 14 way. Especially when trying to carry 4 drivers, 2 FWs, 7 irons, 3 wedges, and 3 putters in the bag.

14 way for sure. Looks better and works better imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I currently use a 14 way but clubs can still get jammed so i don't think it's necessarily any better than less dividers. I do enjoy sun mountain bags a lot tho regardless of divider number

7-way is my favorite, that and the Woode setup, but they are hard to find.

C-130 with the 7 way, the 7th is the putter well. Like it that way, tried the 14 and did not like it

Have 14 at the moment. Will be getting one next month with the Woode top system and think I will actually like that one better. I do like the 14 better than 4 or less though.

14 - easy to see if s club is missing.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

14 way with a separate putter well. I am an "everything it it's own place" kind of guy.

I like 6-7 way or 14. I will look for bag construction first (pockets, weight, etc..) then worry about the dividers

14 way full length on my carry bag (four 5)

Sent from iPhone+Tapatalk

14 way for me and I like having a putter well or tube as well.

I have a 5 way divider with a putter slot, so I guess 6. I like it because I put my wedges in the lower, short irons in 1, long irons in 1, two hybrids in 1 and D and 3W in one. I wouldn't want less but I've never tried more so I don't have any clue if I'd like it or not.

14 - easy to see if s club is missing.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

That's me too Jack, I tend to forget things more often now.

14 way.I can tell at a glance if I've forgotten one somewhere.

14 way will full length dividers and Ogio Silencer tech. I hate having clubs stick together going in/out of a bag so I have to have a 14 way top with full length dividers. I hate having my clubs rattle around so I go with the Ogio bags with their silencer tech.

The less is better approach for me. Dont like 14 way dividers at all and just assume have just a couple.
Why is that? Honestly curious!

I have and like a 14 way with full length dividers. As mentioned earlier it does and doesn't help with the clubs bunching up so I'm curious about going to the opposite and looking at a 5-6 way for ease.

Back