How many golf balls do you carry in your bag?

I don't have a set in stone number, but usually at least a dozen, just to be on the safe side. When I may actually only use 3 or 4 a round at most.

half dozen or so. If it's been raining a lot & they haven't been able to mow or in the fall with a lot of leaves ... I'll take a bunch of used balls, because I know I'll be losing them in the rough / leaves. Keep a couple emergency balls in the side pocket ...

Last edited:
I usually have 12-20 in the bag. When I get down to 6 or 8 left, I will purchase a dozen.

I normally carry 10 to 12 I guess most of the time.

at least 30.

Between 6-12. I am almost always walking so I carry as little as I can while still feeling safe about losing them all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I usually buy a sleeve or two of whatever I'm interested in trying. (Right now I got the X2hot+) and I usually buy a box of the Reload Bridgestone E6 that come in a pack of 18. So usually got around 20-25 balls in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4-5 balls. We walk when we play so I keep it down to a minimum because I want my bag as light as possible. On the weekends when I know I'm gonna be doing a lot of short game practice I'll bring my shag bag.

9 new or so new balls, 3 or so used balls for second shots or practice ball. will throw in an extra sleeve of new one when playing a course for the first time!!!

I carry about two dozen but that is also 4-5 different kinds of balls.

More than I'm willing to admit.

I like to play different manufactures golf balls so I generally carry 4 sleeves of different balls.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Probably about 12. A sleeve of new ones and then some older ones that I use if I lose a new one.

I carry way to many. My ball pocket is usually 1/2 full of balls that I find along with 2-3 sleeves of whatever new ball I'm playing. My tee pocket usually gets my good brand/model balls that are in good shape. Overall I'm sure there's probably 2-3 dozen in the bag at any given time.

When I am carrying my bag, it is 4-5 in the bag and two in my pocket. When my "buggy" is carrying the bag, I don't pay any attention to how many balls are in there, usually way too many though.

About a dozen new balls and half a dozen "old" balls in case the old slice starts acting up and I get to losing too many of the new balls.

12-15 usually.

Depends on what I'm doing the same day or day before. If I'm training my (35m+) pitch shots it's at least 50 balls. If I'm not it's anywhere between 5 and 25. I don't feel comfortable with less then five and I don't like to lug around with more then 25 :)
I've changed my bag to my old super light, now I carry 6-9 balls.. And to be honest, I have three now, so I'll have to pick up some for the match tomorrow ;)

Last round I actually made it a point to clean out all the balls from my bag and loaded up with Bridgestones 15 in total came home with 12. Next round I will again bag 15 until I can convince myself to lower the number , I am hoping by summers end to be able to bring 9 knowing I am safe with that number

One. If I lose that one I shouldn't have been playing.

One. If I lose that one I shouldn't have been playing.

I would be done on the first hole (even the first drive) sometimes!

Back