How many golf balls do you carry in your bag?

As many as I can. Just because. No real reason, just like to keep my supply with me. I also carry entire bags of tees and all my ball markers, also just because.

I carry around 12 new/new-ish balls and a few more practise/pickups in a separate pocket for emergencies/off days.

I only started playing new balls about a month ago, before that the ball pocket was full of junk, couldn't go back to that now!

I normally carry 1-2 dozen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually have at least 12 balls in my bag. Don't want to run out.

Usually 6-12. If I'm running low on the front, ill pick some up at the turn.

Somewhere between 4 and 7 is my norm.

I try to keep a dozen in there along with some junk balls in a separate pocket.

Usually have 3 to 5 sleeves of a variety of new balls. Another 4 - 6 old or found balls. So a dozen or two total.

As far as handicap affecting the number of balls one carries... Not a lot of 18 handicaps carrying 3 or 4 balls into a round like a single digit golfer can.

Right now I probably have 7 or 8. I have carried as many as 25-30.

1. It makes me play really really smart with tons of pressure. Kidding - but I do play some twilight rounds like this. I play till it gets too dark or I lose it. Honestly, most rounds I carry 8.

When I'm riding, I usually have a dozen or so. If I am walking, I'll carry six or seven.

6 to 12, depends where I am playing. I will bring more on an unknown or difficult course and less on a known course.

At least a dozen at all times for me nowadays.

IDK probaly about 20. One of the courses I play has a lot of tree's so its pretty easy to misplace a ball.

Depends on what I'm doing the same day or day before. If I'm training my (35m+) pitch shots it's at least 50 balls. If I'm not it's anywhere between 5 and 25. I don't feel comfortable with less then five and I don't like to lug around with more then 25 :)

Last edited:
Usually keep a dozen. Just cuz i go and play a couple days in a row away from home with Thpers so I need to have enough balls with me for 4-6 rounds. Just to be on safe side.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

The front pocket of my stand bag is full of balls. Got to be 30 or so in there. Probably have about half a dozen of my Duo's in there, the rest are ones I have found (mostly Titleist's) in the woods as I'm searching for my own ball! Anything not name brand gets put into my second bag.

I carry a couple of sleeves of whatever ball I'm trying out, but usually have a couple dozen others at any given time. I find quite a few when I play and since I usually ride and not walk, I keep them in there since weight isn't really an issue.

I carry two dozen new and misc. used. I have one dozen the same and the second dozen is mixed just in case everyone in group decides to play same ball. This year I have decided to include yellow as well as white golf balls.

I am carrying a staff bag currently and I have about 15-20 balls in there at any given time. I usually carry a dozen most of the time. Handicap has nothing to do with it in my opinion.

I am a higher handicapper and your friend is right...it is true, I am sure I carry enough for one ball per hole I love it when we are searching for a lost ball and someone asks me what am I playing. My usual answer is "I used to know.

This many - :cool:

balls_zps9f9701ad.jpg

Last edited:
I always carry a dozen balls. Could be the OCD, could just be that on some days I need them all. :banghead:

I don't feel comfortable unless I've got at least 6+ sleeves of balls. Typically I'll have 10 or so. I also have used balls in the ball pocket, but those don't count towards my comfort factor. Makes my bag heavy as all get out.

Back