I'll pretty much echo what everyone else is saying about just having fun, but just hope you're lucky enough to be teamed with @Duffer Waldorf. He's the perfect partner. Well other than being a Duke supporter who always brings up the Christian Laettner shot :p

#DerbyDuffers

anyone who doesn't take themselves or the world too seriously. for me its more about what's happening when the golf is over :)

Ideal partner for me is someone having fun out there and laughing off the bad shots and celebrating the good ones. Doesn't hurt if it's a shamble and they drive it straight and 300+ like @AT_CG :D
My guy out here asking for very little out of a partner... You know, just hellacious seeds and a brilliant attitude lmao

My guy out here asking for very little out of a partner... You know, just hellacious seeds and a brilliant attitude lmao

With my weakness with irons on approach shots, it's great to have someone who can sling it on to the green in an alternate shot scenario, especially when you stumble into having him plan for him to get most of the approach shots. @KY Golfer fits that bill, and he will leave you wondering if the ball will start curving back toward the green once or twice, too (spoiler: it will).

In a shamble, a bomber like @ToddJ027b can follow me off the tee any day.

For the cart races, @bigbov gets the wheel.

I guess I'm a little different, I just want you to show up and have fun. Do I want to win? Of course who doesn't, but if we don't and we had a good time doing it then so be it. Try to push too much and you suck the fun out of things....

So my ideal partner enjoys the game, enjoys being on the course and wants to have a good time while we play. 👍

Someone that tries their best and is able to laugh, or at least not get downright angry, when bad shots are hit. Take it seriously but nothing about golf for us hackers is worth losing your mind over.

With my weakness with irons on approach shots, it's great to have someone who can sling it on to the green in an alternate shot scenario, especially when you stumble into having him plan for him to get most of the approach shots. @KY Golfer fits that bill, and he will leave you wondering if the ball will start curving back toward the green once or twice, too (spoiler: it will).

In a shamble, a bomber like @ToddJ027b can follow me off the tee any day.

For the cart races, @bigbov gets the wheel.
I'd play with @Duffer Waldorf or @KY Golfer any day any where. Great guys and fun to be around! Hit great shots and calm and jokes in between shots. Nothing better!!

The ideal partner has a membership at ANGC, the Hideaway, or Dormie Network! A good person who has fun, doesn’t get too serious, and can enjoy a couple hours on the golf course.

1) Someone who is fun to be around.
2) Someone who takes the golf seriously, but not so much that they have a meltdown after every poor shot.
That's about it.

ideal partner, I’ll be very specific - @Muchmore18

here’s my criteria-
Humor, conversation, shared interests (or working to find common ground), engagement on THP, and someone I enjoy being around.
Golf skill is probably one of the least important categories, even though it is a competition, because every other attribute makes the round more enjoyable, regardless of result.

incredibly fortunate and forever grateful I get to be part of team Anime Gods with him.

Someone willing to laugh off both their bad shots and my bad ones.
Someone who takes every shot seriously, but nothing in between seriously.

This was a topic in one of our THP Experience threads and I thought it would do well as its own.
Let's say you are in a THP Experience Team Event (most of them) and its a shamble or Alt Shot format.

What are you looking for in a partner?
Give me someone who is loose and ready to have fun. I don't want to hear "i'm sorry or my bad"... Golf wise pair me with a decent iron player, because I feel i bring a decent tee and short game to any team.

I want a partner that complements my game. If I hit a bad iron shot, having a partner that can follow up with a great shot is aces. And don't be grumpy.

My ideal partner would be someone that can putt well and is decent with a wedge. We would absolutely slay..

Someone who is enjoying themselves and increasing the joy of the others present.

and who is ready to hit the damn ball when it's their turn. :LOL:

For me the perfect partner is anyone who can put up with my bullshite, and isn't slow.

I'm just barely self aware enough to know that I'm a complete handful out there. Over the next 4 hours I'm going to ride the emotional roller coaster and I'll have verbal diarrhea the whole time. I'll disect every shot down to the blades of grass.

Specifically, @tequila4kapp and @sposey013168 come to mind. Oh, and Tyler from the old Hogan brand...he was legendary.

For me the perfect partner is anyone who can put up with my bullshite, and isn't slow.

I'm just barely self aware enough to know that I'm a complete handful out there. Over the next 4 hours I'm going to ride the emotional roller coaster and I'll have verbal diarrhea the whole time. I'll disect every shot down to the blades of grass.

Specifically, @tequila4kapp and @sposey013168 come to mind. Oh, and Tyler from the old Hogan brand...he was legendary.
hahaha oh, you're a roller coaster out there alright.

So here's my thoughts on this. The Grandaddy was my first event which is insane (and still is). However I would have handled it similar to any event. I am an ultra competitive person but that being said these events are different. Of course I want to win but I want the person (and people we're playing against) to have a good time. We can accomplish both things so I look for someone who can take in the moment we're in and most importantly laugh. We celebrate the wins, good shots and lift each other up when things aren't going our way. I was lucky enough to have great partners both days in @Scrap22 on day 1 and @Davidhibler on day 2 for singles.

I’m pretty easy going so as long as you’re not a Richard we are going to work out just fine.

In a shamble a bomber is always fun.
Alt shot someone who won't get mad playing from nearly anywhere

Someone who doesn't take 10 minutes for every shot. Someone who doesn't expect perfection

This was a topic in one of our THP Experience threads and I thought it would do well as its own.
Let's say you are in a THP Experience Team Event (most of them) and its a shamble or Alt Shot format.

What are you looking for in a partner?
Honestly? Someone who makes me laugh. Now, that may sound kind of superficial on the surface. But there's a bit of method to my madness. When I'm laughing and having a good time, I play really well (at least according to my skill). Grinding (mentally) over strokes will never get a good result out of me. Don't get me wrong, I want to win badly. Sometimes almost too badly. That's why I need to stay loose. I have a better chance of following a net birdie with another one right after if my cart is loose and not grinding over what we have to do over the next three holes. Let's just have fun and my team contribution will be much more effective. 🤷‍♂️

Back