Someone that can hit the ball significantly further than me and someone who has a good 'approach' game (2nd shots from the fairway).
Those are my 2 biggest weakness'

The perfect partner? Hmmm.

The right combination of competitiveness and desire to win mixed with easy going enough to just have fun. Someone that can bust balls and keep you in the moment at the same time. Someone who is confident in their game, regardless of what they score, and knows what they bring to the table. And ultimately is just fun to be around.

Someone who isn’t uptight, has a good sense of humor, can play a little and is ready to play when it’s his turn.

Someone who isn’t uptight, has a good sense of humor, can play a little and is ready to play when it’s his turn.
If I only offer the last one, can we still partner in the Morgan Cup?

If I only offer the last one, can we still partner in the Morgan Cup?
Of course. But I get to drive.

For me it is all about having a partner that is having fun and has a positive attitude about what is going on. I don't care how you play at all, but I can tell you playing with @DannyLe that I absolutely fed off his energy and was hitting the ball better than I was expecting to do. Good conversation coupled with a competitive environment gets my blood flowing.

I want a good dude who likes to have fun. Doesn't get too high or low during the match. Plays fast!

This was a topic in one of our THP Experience threads and I thought it would do well as its own.
Let's say you are in a THP Experience Team Event (most of them) and its a shamble or Alt Shot format.

What are you looking for in a partner?
I mean I want that guy that tells me I have, “The touch of a civil war surgeon…”😂

On a more serious note…give me the guy that is out there to have fun. Yes we are out there to compete, but we are amateurs and bad shots are going to happen. At some point during the experience we are going to gel and start ham & egging it!

Perfect partner for me in a 2 on 2 matchup will be longer than me off the tee since I only max out at 230. They will play pretty quick. They will enjoy joking around and laughing. They will not get bent out of shape about bad shots.

We all know that the Experience is fun way to meet other THP'rs, enjoy the opportunity to try new products and to learn about the tech and reasons behind the equipment or technology.

So the perfect partner is someone who is light hearted, ready to drop one when i hit it 30 yards over the house, I swear i haven't hit one like that in years, doesn't say i'm sorry after every third chunk..... i mean come on, hit driver damn it, the club and the balls were free, live it up

Everybody keeps saying plays fast. I assume that is to make up for their slow pace :)

I just want someone that I can be comfortable with and have fun through the round with. Someone that can be supportive, have good conversation, and just play whatever shots come up. I always want to compete and do well, but that shouldn't overshadow enjoying the round.

Competitively? Someone who can drive it in the fairway most times. If we can have consistency there, then we will have a lot of fun during the round.

other than that. If you are willing to just have fun, go with the flow, be competitive but don’t take it more serious than it needs to.

“She comes to me when I'm feelin' down
Inspires me without a sound
She touches me and I get (golf game) turned around…”

Hey, my ideal partner could be female 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😉 😁

People who don’t take themselves or the game too seriously. Can joke around after a bad shot and know when to try and pick the other person up.

I just want someone that I can be comfortable with and have fun through the round with. Someone that can be supportive, have good conversation, and just play whatever shots come up. I always want to compete and do well, but that shouldn't overshadow enjoying the round.

x2...the talk should be easy, not forced... There HAS to be jokes... The golf takes care of itself when it's like this. And if someone wants a beer... Or 12... I can oblige that as well...

I’d love to play with someone who isn’t hard on themselves the whole round. That can be tough. Have fun. Someone strong off the tee is always good. Ultimately, someone who keeps the fun going and can talk a bit of trash to the competition along the way. Hype me up and I’ll do the same.

Ideal partner - from a personality standpoint someone who's not going to get to high or low, to serious about the actual outcome but who's serious about their shot. Someone fun to shoot the breeze with in the 20 seconds of driving between shots or whatever it is.

With my handicap, it's doubtful that someone is going to be a worse golfer so I want someone who understands I'm not great but I am taking it seriously. If they can bomb it for me and let me and my pops get us some points I would be all about that as well.

Lou? He was just out there networking.
Yeah, for sure.

The look on JB's face when he was just talking to the forecaddie and like handing out business carts TO THIS DAY makes me crack up. Or when he was going to hit and he's just being loud in the background.

I can't describe how much fun I had and how grateful I was to be able to have just that small group there. It was the greatness.

Ideal partner is someone who is looking to have a great time and enjoy the moment/day. Everything else will work itself out if ur happy and having fun.

Back