If there was one thing you could change about the Ryder Cup what would it be?

Too much Foursomes with better ball.

I wouldn’t mind if they added a different format to Saturday like a stableford, shamble, scramble, or something else.

The television coverage.

The coverage was brutal. Even my wife was commenting on how crappy it was.

Overall I really like the event. I would be okay with adding another foursomes and fourball match to each session get more of the players out on the course.

I like having the captains picks and think that giving 6 was great this year. I wouldn't change that at all.

Have an independent body be responsible for course set-up / hole locations. Both teams make the most out of this advantage and it makes it a little too much of an advantage and silly course set-ups imo. Also support the pairings done the same way as the Presidents Cup, would add a strategic element and spectator fun.

I wouldn’t mind if they added a different format to Saturday like a stableford, shamble, scramble, or something else.
I would absolutely LOVE to see some of those guys off the tee on a shamble hahaha

Have an independent body be responsible for course set-up / hole locations. Both teams make the most out of this advantage and it makes it a little too much of an advantage and silly course set-ups imo. Also support the pairings done the same way as the Presidents Cup, would add a strategic element and spectator fun.
Winning away in the RC seems like the ultimate achievement. Why take that away?

I would like to see all players have to take a double shot of the other team's choosing on each tee...

Better spectator friendly venues. WS is an awesome track layout wise, but it was terrible for viewing. So many dips and bumps made it tough to see, and they wouldn’t always let you stand up on a hill to see the shots.
Some hills you cant stand on, I mean gravity and the slick grass prevents it. On some of the hills you COULD slide right down into play.

I think a lot of people wanting a record set wanted to watch them all finish ;)
This was me. I was hooked to see if they could get to 19!

I would like to have the top 12 golfers for the Ryder instead of captain's pick. That will eliminate favortism and nepotism.

Harletto likes to party :ROFLMAO:
I think more a case of levelling the odds a bit, although whoever draws DJ is in for a hell of an afternoon :ROFLMAO:

Anytime one solitary person says, "Get in the bunker!", all the euro fans can't scream: "aLl tHoSe yaNkS aRe tHe wOrSt, tHey'Re alL tRasH!" while simultaneously forgetting they have football fans so bad they have a special name for them.

Agree here. The event deserves high quality, well respected golf courses. Muni d’ Italia doesn’t check the boxes.
Agree, but with an influx of cash (Ryder cup is a cash cow) i will assume that major renovation upgrades to the course/club will occur and the venue will be 180 off in 2 years from what it is now.

Anytime one solitary person says, "Get in the bunker!", all the euro fans can't scream: "aLl tHoSe yaNkS aRe tHe wOrSt, tHey'Re alL tRasH!" while simultaneously forgetting they have football fans so bad they have a special name for them.
🔔&

I would like to have the top 12 golfers for the Ryder instead of captain's pick. That will eliminate favortism and nepotism.
Doesn't that kind of take away from the captaincy though? There's already a nice mix of 'earned your way in' and 'selected your way in'

ban everyone who complains about the fans

Can't really mix in stableford but a shamble or pinehurst would be fun

Adding another type of match would be interesting. A scramble would be fun to watch.

Everybody plays in each session on Friday and Saturday.

Ban booing at the first tee. :unsure:

Back