Review Indi Putters - THP Review In Progress Thread

For a company like Indi, they seem damned if they do and damned if they don't as it comes to shapes. Make something unique, and its too different for people, recycle classic shapes then they'd be called a knock off.

The putter segment is a hard knock life.

There's a lot of truth to that. I would like to see one without the branding overload or at least blacked out. Because there's no one thing I can point to that I dislike with either shape, but the whole thing comes off blah. And I don't possess the putter argot to explain why.

So, in an effort to get conversation going here....

What are your thoughts or concerns now having seen the in hand pics I took?

Feelings on the shapes? Finishes? Milling? Weight?
I think that Indi did a great job with the design of both putters. There's something about the Allison that catches my eye even though I prefer blades.

I really like the dark (PVD?) finish. It looks really good on the Ramone and I hope they offer it on the Allison as well.

Milling = good. Deep milling = :love:

The light weight initially concerned me. However, I realized that my ZB Redwood and ProType 3 are both in that range. Additionally, the bulk of the weight on the Indi putter will be on the perimeter which will increase forgiveness.

I think that Indi did a great job with the design of both putters. There's something about the Allison that catches my eye even though I prefer blades.

I really like the dark (PVD?) finish. It looks really good on the Ramone and I hope they offer it on the Allison as well.

Milling = good. Deep milling = :love:

The light weight initially concerned me. However, I realized that my ZB Redwood and ProType 3 are both in that range. Additionally, the bulk of the weight on the Indi putter will be on the perimeter which will increase forgiveness.
The Allison is def available in the black finish as well.

Had a good time working with these yesterday, they continue to surprise me both indoors and out on the course as well. I'll get into that momentarily.

Thoughts so far:

1) I like the headshapes, I think they are unique enough to stand out but not too far outside the box. I know some have voiced opinions on either side of that (for and against) but I stand by the fact that to enter the putter market you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Use classic shapes, you're a copycat, use unique shapes then they're too abstract. Its part of why the putter market is so fickle.

2) Finish wise, the black finish is impeccable and as high class as I have seen on a putter, and I mean that. The satin is OK, but to my eye it doesn't accentuate the shape as much as the black finish does. Good thing both finishes are available on both putters, eh?

3) The roll is pure, which is obviously always the first thing I check out. No skidding, which is stroke dependent sure, but I've reviewed plenty that take a little hop at first, here, none of that. More than that while I am not at all a fan of the "Colossal Sweet Spot" branding/marketing because to me its far too awkward and kitschy on shapes that otherwise manage to be unique but still pretty clean/sharp. As to the concept itself, there is a lot of truth to it, I have spent a ton of time putting off the toe, heel, and center to compare pace and distance retention from 10 and 15 feet and its legit, reminds me a lot of what I saw from the Cure, but with an actual good feel/sound.

4) On that feel/sound...I've mentioned it in conversation in here but I know some are mixed on the cross hatch milling, it however is IMO the key here. Combined with the density of the tungsten on the perimeter of the putter shapes/faces this is clearly the engine behind making this one NOT AT ALL SOUND OR FEEL LIKE AN ALUMINUM PUTTER, and I AM absolutely YELLING that for the people in the back. No springy, no clicky, no awkward, and it has 100% surprised me.

5) I think both will appeal to their respected users, meaning the Allison to the mallet crowd and the Ramone to the blade users (raises hand). Both good looks behind the ball, with confident alignment setups, and I really like the blue lines in the flange of the Ramone.

More soon! Be sure to post away with your thoughts and questions!

Self bump for the evening crowd.

Had a good time working with these yesterday, they continue to surprise me both indoors and out on the course as well. I'll get into that momentarily.

Thoughts so far:

1) I like the headshapes, I think they are unique enough to stand out but not too far outside the box. I know some have voiced opinions on either side of that (for and against) but I stand by the fact that to enter the putter market you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Use classic shapes, you're a copycat, use unique shapes then they're too abstract. Its part of why the putter market is so fickle.

2) Finish wise, the black finish is impeccable and as high class as I have seen on a putter, and I mean that. The satin is OK, but to my eye it doesn't accentuate the shape as much as the black finish does. Good thing both finishes are available on both putters, eh?

3) The roll is pure, which is obviously always the first thing I check out. No skidding, which is stroke dependent sure, but I've reviewed plenty that take a little hop at first, here, none of that. More than that while I am not at all a fan of the "Colossal Sweet Spot" branding/marketing because to me its far too awkward and kitschy on shapes that otherwise manage to be unique but still pretty clean/sharp. As to the concept itself, there is a lot of truth to it, I have spent a ton of time putting off the toe, heel, and center to compare pace and distance retention from 10 and 15 feet and its legit, reminds me a lot of what I saw from the Cure, but with an actual good feel/sound.

4) On that feel/sound...I've mentioned it in conversation in here but I know some are mixed on the cross hatch milling, it however is IMO the key here. Combined with the density of the tungsten on the perimeter of the putter shapes/faces this is clearly the engine behind making this one NOT AT ALL SOUND OR FEEL LIKE AN ALUMINUM PUTTER, and I AM absolutely YELLING that for the people in the back. No springy, no clicky, no awkward, and it has 100% surprised me.

5) I think both will appeal to their respected users, meaning the Allison to the mallet crowd and the Ramone to the blade users (raises hand). Both good looks behind the ball, with confident alignment setups, and I really like the blue lines in the flange of the Ramone.

More soon! Be sure to post away with your thoughts and questions!
Nice notes. Appreciate the review. I think that black finish is dead sexy. Just don't know if there'se enough of anything else that would make me go out of my way to test this. Now, if a bunch of THPers come back singing its praises, then you have my attention.

I think they both look awesome but well outside my pay bracket....will follow review but that will be as close as I ever get to one. Great pictures James.

Nice notes. Appreciate the review. I think that black finish is dead sexy. Just don't know if there'se enough of anything else that would make me go out of my way to test this. Now, if a bunch of THPers come back singing its praises, then you have my attention.
Thanks buddy.

That’s always the rub for smaller putter makers/companies, getting it in hands. Would be pretty cool to see these in a group of THP’ers hands.

Thanks buddy.

That’s always the rub for smaller putter makers/companies, getting it in hands. Would be pretty cool to see these in a group of THP’ers hands.
It was SeeMore testing threads that convinced me to join THP to begin with. I think that might be money well spent by smaller companies. If they have a superior product (or even just a unique one) the most important thing to my way of thinking is get the word out. THP can help there.

I think they both look awesome but well outside my pay bracket....will follow review but that will be as close as I ever get to one. Great pictures James.
Thanks Jimmy!

More thoughts to put up this evening. (y)

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Hmm, I have an idea post review.

Might be worth tagging along, that's all I'm saying....;)

I'm ready
I mean, review putters with review grips on them giving double the opportunity to give even more feedback on them to the community?

Could be fun for a couple readers.

I mean, review putters with review grips on them giving double the opportunity to give even more feedback on them to the community?

Could be fun for a couple readers.

I mean how can that NOT be a good idea?

I'm listening...

That's a fun little tease for the future.

Last edited:
I'm listening...

That's a funny little tease for the future.
I thought it was pretty solid.

Now let’s see who pays attention. ;)

Tourney day for my HS girls today means not getting these out this afternoon, but 65 tomorrow
means a full day finishing up thoughts and prepping to write this article. (y)

I like the looks, especially the Black...I just roll mine so well it would be hard to push it out of the bag

I thought it was pretty solid.

Now let’s see who pays attention. ;)

Tourney day for my HS girls today means not getting these out this afternoon, but 65 tomorrow
means a full day finishing up thoughts and prepping to write this article. (y)
Whoops, that was supposed to say fun. Stupid phone!

Good luck to the girls!

Whoops, that was supposed to say fun. Stupid phone!

Good luck to the girls!
I knew what you meant! Haha

Reactions: KEV
I hope the girls go low!

Looking forward to reading your completed review.

Rolled these a LOT this week as I tidy up my thoughts for the article.

There are some things we all have to accept, the brand name is the biggest hurdle to overcome, not because of the name but because the putter market is so damn fickle. That said, these are worth a try and getting into hands because the feel and roll combined with the stability have pretty well impressed me. The Ramone in particular has been a lot of fun to work with. It’s because of that I’m resolute in getting these two into the hands of albatross members for forum review once I finish my article.

The sound will shock people, no aluminum feel to it. The roll is true. The balance is good. They’re just overall really solid putters, and that’s about the best compliment I could give any putter design in today’s golf environment, they’re a good, legitimate, option.

Rolled these a LOT this week as I tidy up my thoughts for the article.

There are some things we all have to accept, the brand name is the biggest hurdle to overcome, not because of the name but because the putter market is so damn fickle. That said, these are worth a try and getting into hands because the feel and roll combined with the stability have pretty well impressed me. The Ramone in particular has been a lot of fun to work with. It’s because of that I’m resolute in getting these two into the hands of albatross members for forum review once I finish my article.

The sound will shock people, no aluminum feel to it. The roll is true. The balance is good. They’re just overall really solid putters, and that’s about the best compliment I could give any putter design in today’s golf environment, they’re a good, legitimate, option.
Very excited that you like the sound we worked very hard on dialing that in. Thanks for your time and effort on this review.

Very excited that you like the sound we worked very hard on dialing that in. Thanks for your time and effort on this review.
You knocked it out of the park. For real.

Can't wait to get them into the hands of THP'ers for more feedback too!

My initial thoughts were positive on these and now... based on what I'm reading, I'm even more intrigued. (y)

From what I hear they are planning on left-handed models soon. That's both awesome and refreshing from a smaller company.

Back