Review Indi Putters - THP Review In Progress Thread

I'm a big fan of the Alison shape but IMO that finish isn't a good look for it. The black Finish would be the way to go and might make it look a little slimmer. The milling kind of reminds me of the Cleveland putter milling which I don't think is a bad thing at all and seems like it would help give a soft feel.

They’re standard putter sizes, that’s why I took no reference pics.
And @baylrballa that read way snippier than I intended it to, sorry was trying to wrangle the twins and post haha

Last edited:
And @baylrballa that read way snippet than I intended it to, sorry was trying to wrangle the twins and post haha

Nw, 4 yo has a fever and trying to cheat at candyland this morning, so I know the feels.

Im going to move some thoughts over from the other thread and add in here after I get out for me putting practice with my HS kids today, but they sound/feel like a milled putter.

I guess the resale thing is true, but I’m one who believes if you’re looking at golf clubs as a resale or investment return type thing, you’re barking up the wrong tree, or you’re not giving yourself the opportunity to truly try everything and see what’s best for your game rather than something you can flip later.

Do all milled putters feel/sound the same to you?

I agree, I mean I can’t imagine why anyone would ever buy a club (at full retail) with the plan to flip it. If so, I have something to sell them.
For someone like me who enjoys equipment, the resale value is def a reasonable factor.

These look like really nice quality.

I think the black finish just makes the Ramone look a lot more pleasing TBH, I'd like to see the Allison in hand in that finish.

I’d love to see that mallet in the black finish. I like the shape

That Ramone is a pretty good looking putter.

I have rolled a LOT of aluminum putters, and hated them, purely for the sound/feel more than anything. Typically springy and a little sharp, I mean it when I say there is none of that here. Rotating through from milled SS and CS putters into these there is nothing abstract in terms of change, similar dense feedback. Its legitimately surprised me.

How do these compare feelwise to say, the SeeMore giant aluminum putters?

I think that Allison mallet shape reminds me of the Cure CX3 shape

How do these compare feelwise to say, the SeeMore giant aluminum putters?
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. There’s no aluminum feel/sound here, and by that I mean no higher pitched springiness. It’s what kept them mini giant out of my bag at one point and why I hoped they’d have made an insert version.

I think that Allison mallet shape reminds me of the Cure CX3 shape
It’s way more traditional mallet than that, think Vline but with less sharp radius to the rear point.

Do all milled putters feel/sound the same to you?

I agree, I mean I can’t imagine why anyone would ever buy a club (at full retail) with the plan to flip it. If so, I have something to sell them.
For someone like me who enjoys equipment, the resale value is def a reasonable factor.

These look like really nice quality.
Of course not, face milling plays a critical role there in creating different sounds (which is feel). But, my reference was to a traditional material milled putter versus an aluminum one. Aluminum is ususually springy and highs pitched, these are more in line with a non-deep milled stainless or CS head, none of that aluminum trait is there which has been utterly surprising.

Price might be the main deterrent for me trying these, but I am interested to see what other THPers think of them

Good write up @Jman! That Allison looks awesome.

Honest Q, why is the brand a turnoff? They were super honest about the non conforming release and never hid anything. And they even produce the same clubs in conforming versions.

Genuinely curious why that aspect would be deemed a turnoff?

I honestly don't know why it is a turnoff for me. I get that they were very forthcoming about the non-conforming product.
It shouldn't be an issue, it isn't like I play any sort of golf that conforming/non-conforming would be an issue either.

I think had they come out with the conforming first, and then put out non-conforming product, it wouldn't bother me either.

I seriously can't verbalize why it is really a turn off for me, it is weird.

I do think that I would have no issue trying out a Ramone though. Total package on that one checks just about every box for me.

I honestly don't know why it is a turnoff for me. I get that they were very forthcoming about the non-conforming product.
It shouldn't be an issue, it isn't like I play any sort of golf that conforming/non-conforming would be an issue either.

I think had they come out with the conforming first, and then put out non-conforming product, it wouldn't bother me either.

I seriously can't verbalize why it is really a turn off for me, it is weird.

I do think that I would have no issue trying out a Ramone though. Total package on that one checks just about every box for me.
I think its a fair conversation, I know @JB @ddec and myself had a LOT of that when Indi first dropped their wedges, and some here lost their ever loving minds about how a company would produce non-conforming gear. We all have different takes, for me, I'm all for it if it makes the game more fun for someone.

I think its a fair conversation, I know @JB @ddec and myself had a LOT of that when Indi first dropped their wedges, and some here lost their ever loving minds about how a company would produce non-conforming gear. We all have different takes, for me, I'm all for it if it makes the game more fun for someone.

It is a fair conversation. I personally think the expansion of the brand shows how much of a spot there is for it, because here we are several years later. What is interesting is that I dont think too many understand what makes a club conforming and non, and it might surprise them.

And just how high quality and high performing the wedges are....both versions.

It is a fair conversation. I personally think the expansion of the brand shows how much of a spot there is for it, because here we are several years later. What is interesting is that I dont think too many understand what makes a club conforming and non, and it might surprise them.
Agreed, I think when it comes to wedges in particular they just think grooves that are sharp as saw blades and automagically (like that word?) ripping everything back, buuuuut its not.

And just how high quality and high performing the wedges are....both versions.
And I have seen the same from the putters. While I much prefer the black finish, the attention to detail on both shapes stands out, and the shapes are just unique enough to make you turn your head.

Yes, I wish they would tone the branding down on the sole and such, and the headcover as well as shaft bands are a little lacking (pics of those this evening), but the heads themselves are surprising, and the roll/sound is downright shocking.

For those of you who refuse to go back to the first page:

DSC01213-XL.jpg

Nothing about that says "cheap".

Interesting putters, that seem to have a decent idea. Light weight center with extreme weights heel and toe. But it would be a pass for me. I like a bit of modern shaping but these are not pleasing to my eye at all. Plus, I think the milling is too deep. Personal opinion, I know many really like deep milled faces I am not one of them. I prefer a bit more click to a putter.

Their wedges are actually decent, I have tried them a few times.

Interesting putters, that seem to have a decent idea. Light weight center with extreme weights heel and toe. But it would be a pass for me. I like a bit of modern shaping but these are not pleasing to my eye at all. Plus, I think the milling is too deep. Personal opinion, I know many really like deep milled faces I am not one of them. I prefer a bit more click to a putter.

Their wedges are actually decent, I have tried them a few times.
The material here though necessitates the milling more than a CS or SS would, its the elimination of that springy and tinny sensation that Aluminum typically gives off. That milling is what differentiates the sound from what I have seen so far and I would bet ample money it would fool a lot of anti aluminum putter die hards out there.

But, preferences are definitely preferences, and they matter.

For a company like Indi, they seem damned if they do and damned if they don't as it comes to shapes. Make something unique, and its too different for people, recycle classic shapes then they'd be called a knock off.

The putter segment is a hard knock life.

The material here though necessitates the milling more than a CS or SS would, its the elimination of that springy and tinny sensation that Aluminum typically gives off. That milling is what differentiates the sound from what I have seen so far and I would bet ample money it would fool a lot of anti aluminum putter die hards out there.

But, preferences are definitely preferences, and they matter.

For a company like Indi, they seem damned if they do and damned if they don't as it comes to shapes. Make something unique, and its too different for people, recycle classic shapes then they'd be called a knock off.

The putter segment is a hard knock life.

I am not against Aluminium. As you said, it is a sound thing because of the milling. I have tried a lot of putters with deep milling and all while feeling soft, just muffle the sound too much. I like a bit more click to it.

As far as shape goes, I am all for individuality and trying to be different and stand out. Their heads appeal to some. Reading through the thread it seem there are many that like them. Also, I should have been clear, I am speaking to the shape of the blade only.

I am not against Aluminium. As you said, it is a sound thing because of the milling. I have tried a lot of putters with deep milling and all while feeling soft, just muffle the sound too much. I like a bit more click to it.

As far as shape goes, I am all for individuality and trying to be different and stand out. Their heads appeal to some. Reading through the thread it seem there are many that like them. Also, I should have been clear, I am speaking to the shape of the blade only.
With aluminum though, it doesn't deaden as much as eliminate springiness in terms of the feel, its not about muffling the sound here, its about making it feel/sound more like a normal putter. Different application compared to deep milling just for the sake of reducing surface area impacting the golf ball and thus leading to a dispersion of sound and softer more muted feel.

Back