Indoor Setups: What’s Yours?

I meant to hit a dozen balls then go clean up the kids play room, and an hour later.....
I do this a lot. One time I said third minutes and it turned into three hours. You will have to pull away at times

I do this a lot. One time I said third minutes and it turned into three hours. You will have to pull away at times
Yeah, I’m going to get into a ton of trouble with the boss lady. I can tell. :oops:

Do you have the GC2 hooked up to a tv or something or just hitting balls? One of my biggest fears is I will get bored quickly not knowing what the ball is doing
It’s hooked up to my iPad and the, always crashing on me and losing all of my data, app. I put it on range view so I can see trajectory, direction, distance, and dispersion.

Do you have the GC2 hooked up to a tv or something or just hitting balls? One of my biggest fears is I will get bored quickly not knowing what the ball is doing
You won’t get bored. Sometimes I just toss on some TV and hit balls. When I want something new, I try to hit a shot and then guess what it did based only on impact and how far it went. Really helps dial in the feel (and I’m hoping it means I can find more lost balls lol)

I have been looking at Launch monitors.....Foremost, gonna have to re-fi

I have a Skytrak linked to an iPad and love it, relatively inexpensive and accurate. The new flightscope Mevo plus looks to be a good budget option as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I’m going to get into a ton of trouble with the boss lady. I can tell. :oops:
It may have been a fight or two in my house. But ... worth it

You won’t get bored. Sometimes I just toss on some TV and hit balls. When I want something new, I try to hit a shot and then guess what it did based only on impact and how far it went. Really helps dial in the feel (and I’m hoping it means I can find more lost balls lol)
I love that I can sit there and focus on impact if I want to, no concern on anything else, just finding solid impact and bottoming our the swing in the right place again.

It may have been a fight or two in my house. But ... worth it
Hahaha, that’s what I’m rolling with as well. In the end, I’ll do more chores around the house and make up for it lol

I have a Skytrak and love it, relatively inexpensive and accurate. The new flightscope Mevo plus looks to be a good budget option as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll check that out....I have heard the Mevo+ is sketchy

My indoor setup, I thank God for this everyday with this stay at home order in place. have played as much as 72 holes in a day. Originally set up with an Optishot2, upgraded to a Skytrak about 2 months ago.

Attachments

• 20200202_132654.jpg
    20200202_132654.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 40
@KEV I have the same 3 grass hitting mat and actually hate it. Been looking to buy something big enough to stand on so it doesn’t move as much when I hit a ball

@KEV I have the same 3 grass hitting mat and actually hate it. Been looking to buy something big enough to stand on so it doesn’t move as much when I hit a ball
It's definitely not great. They had a special during Black Friday where the net and may were actually pretty cheap but I need to do something different. I'm trying to decide if I should save up for the TrueStrike or something like that or I was thinking about cutting those three pieces apart and building my own full size mat and cutting a spot to insert those.

It's definitely not great. They had a special during Black Friday where the net and may were actually pretty cheap but I need to do something different. I'm trying to decide if I should save up for the TrueStrike or something like that or I was thinking about cutting those three pieces apart and building my own full size mat and cutting a spot to insert those.
I’ve been looking at my local Craigslist and Facebook marketplace for a course or someone getting rid of an old golf mat. The true strike mats look real nice though too

Reactions: KEV
My indoor setup, I thank God for this everyday with this stay at home order in place. have played as much as 72 holes in a day. Originally set up with an Optishot2, upgraded to a Skytrak about 2 months ago.
That’s badass! Not a skytrak fan, but that setup is sweet

Only indoor set up I have is a putting matt. Sadly, I don't have a place that would allow full swings without me breaking something.

Only indoor set up I have is a putting matt. Sadly, I don't have a place that would allow full swings without me breaking something.
I feel this. Old house I may or may not have shattered a tv hitting pitches in the house :oops:

I feel this. Old house I may or may not have shattered a tv hitting pitches in the house :oops:
Thought I better stop after the first picture frame went down:eek:

Hahaha, at least that one was inexpensive!
Very true. Didn't dare chance it further or the wife would totally shut it down!

Very true. Didn't dare chance it further or the wife would totally shut it down!
Yeah, I was in the dog house for a long ass time on my mishap :(

I biggest issue is I only have 2 rooms with ceilings tall enough to swing a club and one is the family room where everyone is and the big TV is and the other is the sitting front room that my wife would kill me if I rearranged all the **** in that room. Plus it has no TV. :cautious:

That’s badass! Not a skytrak fan, but that setup is sweet
James, what don't you like about the skytrak? I know it doesn't read club data but the unit has proved to be reliable an accurate for me so I'm curious.

James, what don't you like about the skytrak? I know it doesn't read club data but the unit has proved to be reliable an accurate for me so I'm curious.
My experience was not good on the accuracy, way too far off for me, but that was admittedly early on in its release and I know they’ve worked on it since.

My experience was not good on the accuracy, way too far off for me, but that was admittedly early on in its release and I know they’ve worked on it since.
That's fair. I think the ball data is solid now but it has a generic guesstimation logic for smash factor since it doesn't measure clubhead data so I ignore that. The carry distance and spin seem to be very close for me. We had my skytrak and a trackman at the range with my instructor last year and they were within a couple yards of each other.

Mats arrived.

20200402_130348_HDR.jpg

Ball and 5 iron for scale.

20200402_131938.jpg

Last edited:
Back