Introducing the THP Tech Studio

Is it work if you live every minute of it!

I love my job as much as anybody. I get to work with golf equipment, the game I have a passion for and with people that are genuinely good people. With that said it's still work. 70+ hours a week for 12 straight years is a lot.

I don't say that to say whoa is me, because I wouldn't change much, and certainly wouldn't not to do it again, but I definitely wish it was more play and less work. :)

I love my job as much as anybody. I get to work with golf equipment, the game I have a passion for and with people that are genuinely good people. With that said it's still work. 70+ hours a week for 12 straight years is a lot.

I don't say that to say whoa is me, because I wouldn't change much, and certainly wouldn't not to do it again, but I definitely wish it was more play and less work. :)

LIVE UNDER PAR, JB!

Actually I don't know if you guys have noticed but that's been scrubbed from PGA Tour stuff. And it's about time.

Similar tale as the golf pro at a local course. You go to work at a golf course everyday, but only play a round once every couple of weeks. There's really something wrong with that arrangement if you ask me

I can certainly understand that. You and Morgan make it look easy but I know there's a hell of a lot of work you both put in!

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB

Well to say your hard work pays off is the understatement of the year.

That setup is like a golf enthusiast dream of money were no object.

Well to say your hard work pays off is the understatement of the year.

That setup is like a golf enthusiast dream of money were no object.

Haha. Thanks so much.
We put a lot into this, but think THPers will reap the rewards with some fun content and a whole lot more.

@JB and @Canadan I have an idea. Do you guys have access to a skytrak launch monitor? With so many of us considering /building home sims it would be interesting to see the tradeoffs between a budget unit like the skytrak and the GCQuad which is top of the line. I have a skytrak and want to know what I'm missing / giving up as far as data. I know you don't get club data from the skytrak but how accurate is the ball data? To compare, you can set the skytrak in left hand mode and have it across from the GCQuad (between your legs). That's how many use their skytrak if they are afraid of shanking a ball into it and killing it. Just an idea but it's data that I would find useful and help me determine if I should stick with the skytrak or if it's worthwhile to save up for the GCQuad.

@JB and @Canadan I have an idea. Do you guys have access to a skytrak launch monitor? With so many of us considering /building home sims it would be interesting to see the tradeoffs between a budget unit like the skytrak and the GCQuad which is top of the line. I have a skytrak and want to know what I'm missing / giving up as far as data. I know you don't get club data from the skytrak but how accurate is the ball data? To compare, you can set the skytrak in left hand mode and have it across from the GCQuad (between your legs). That's how many use their skytrak if they are afraid of shanking a ball into it and killing it. Just an idea but it's data that I would find useful and help me determine if I should stick with the skytrak or if it's worthwhile to save up for the GCQuad.
I have done this very test numerous times.
the skytrak Is fine for what it is. I don’t think it’s particularly accurate indoors to the level of a high powered camera system, but for the cost its decent for sure.

We can probably do something like this in the future again.

We have a bunch of fun stuff coming up over the next couple of weeks including some data and some live streams.

We have a bunch of fun stuff coming up over the next couple of weeks including some data and some live streams.
I love the live streams and who doesn't enjoy data. I cannot wait JB!!

The THP Live Stream starting in a few minutes is from the tech studio, but sadly from the back by the bar. Going to be lots of different angles for our future shows though.

Want some more of wall 2. Need to start working on a set up like that in my place.

@e1iterate testing out some equipment.

I was absolutely blown away by the Tech Studio. Every shaft you can imagine. Every driver head you can imagine. Just everything...incredible.

The bar behind the screen just might up the set up :unsure:...nah! But absolutely incredible.

I told my wife that I wanted a similar set up at home and her response was that I could do whatever I wanted when I’m single :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

So damn jealous of @e1iterate !!!

I move down to Florida to be closer to the THP headquarters @JB Moves away. Go figure!

I was absolutely blown away by the Tech Studio. Every shaft you can imagine. Every driver head you can imagine. Just everything...incredible.

The bar behind the screen just might up the set up :unsure:...nah! But absolutely incredible.

I told my wife that I wanted a similar set up at home and her response was that I could do whatever I wanted when I’m single :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Glad you were able to check it out. Fun time testing out gear.

Glad you were able to check it out. Fun time testing out gear.

I think this is a very underrated part of what THP brings. The data and set up here are flawless and brings us some really solid information and feedback to the rest of the forum.

Thank you for what you’ve put into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB
I cant get over how awesome this set up is. I think it is every forum members dream to have this room in there house.

Having some fun with stop motion.

Having some fun with stop motion.

Witchcraft!

Also those tiny bags have convinced me to lobby my wife for golf bags of various sizes throughout the house. No luck so far, but she does admit they’re “cute”.

Every tech studio needs a glove model. Ours from Cuater.

E81DD20E-586D-4CFF-AA83-50447BEF11C4.jpeg

The next few days will be recording a lot of content for everybody from the THP Tech Studio. A lot of this stuff will trickle out over the next few weeks on some gear, shafts and even some general stuff.

Back