Been enjoying the longevity of my 11, honestly. Curious about the 13 of course, but not dire.

I don't remember when I actually got it, but I am confident that I should be in the 'my phone is slow and sucks' window right now.

I'm still on the fence about my switch from the Note to iPhone 12 Pro earlier this year.

That said - haven't seen anything that would make me jump at the 13. Totally agree on the connectors though - at least all the stuff with my Note used the same C adapters

Have the 11 currently, not sure if I am looking to upgrade as the 13 doesn’t seem to have any major changes.

Still no USB-C, no finger print under the glass, still a notch at top. Just going to be a bit faster and have a better camera.

I do use my phone as my camera for all vacations and such, so there is that reason to upgrade. I was really hoping for a bit more.

12 pro here and won’t be upgrading unless the 13 is able to make me a coffee and get my kids ready for school in the mornings.

All of a sudden my 11 pro max has been a little sluggish and slow....not a conspiracy theorist, but........

I have the 11 and will probably upgrade, even though honestly I never think that I need a better performing phone.
Honestly, it's almost never about the performance for me. I don't game on my phone and am not a "power user", so they always have plenty of processing power for what I use them for (texting, photos, GPS/maps, miscellaneous apps, basic web browsing/e-mail and the occasional actual phone call). What usually drives me to upgrade are the improvements in the camera. I know that low-light performance has gotten a lot better since the XS, and there are a few other camera features that would be cool to have.

I don't geek out on benchmark scores or how the processor compares to any other phone or how much RAM is has or what the screen refresh rate is, or any of that stuff - as long as it does what I want it to do, it's good enough for me.

This may seem like a silly question, but I wonder if there will be any reduced demand because of the "13" number. In 2021, some buildings skip that floor. I know it's more of a western phenomenon, but I am still curious. Google tells me that numbers with 4 are unlucky in China, so maybe we will see a nomenclature change for the next model?

I've got a 12 and really don't see myself getting into the cycle this year. There would need to be something really game-changing for me to buy in this time around. I'm usually on a 2-3 year cycle unless something truly wow's me.

The watch on the other hand I'm almost certain to upgrade my current Apple Watch 5.

the smaller notch is nice. Not game-changing, and after dealing with a bigger notch for 4 years, I'm still good there

Do you actually get to experience them? Mine are covered by a Speck case because I know it would freak you out otherwise.

I have at times take it out of the case and stood it up on them. Then I stopped being brave and slapped a kickstand on the back of my case.

BTW @JB, new iPad mini gets USB C

iphone 13 pro....brighter screen and up to 120hz screen that shifts dynamically. Something I wish they pushed out last year.

iphone 13 pro....brighter screen and up to 120hz screen that shifts dynamically. Something I wish they pushed out last year.
That part is a bit behind the times honestly. Not sure it changes the mind of most outside gamers though does it?

That part is a bit behind the times honestly. Not sure it changes the mind of most outside gamers though does it?

probably not. And yes, that is something that should be have been out last year. A joke they pushed it a year and now, like you said, is a bit behind. But hey that's apple for you.

probably not. And yes, that is something that should be have been out last year. A joke they pushed it a year and now, like you said, is a bit behind. But hey that's apple for you.
I do think with their push of Arcade it made sense to go this route. They have to catch up.

Now discount the 12, NOW, so I can upgrade. :LOL:

So Far I have not seen anything that makes me want to upgrade from my 11 Max pro.

I have been kind of bouncing this around a bit as well - Get the big camera upgrade going to the 12 Pro without getting the 13 gross price haha
Yup. It’s what I’ll be doing. I sure as hell don’t game on my phone so the 12 is bueno.

Yup. It’s what I’ll be doing. I sure as hell don’t game on my phone so the 12 is bueno.
I really do like my phone, but that camera on basically any upgrade from the non-pro 11 seems impressive.

Back