Is it just a game?

Trout Bum

Regional Rival
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Is golf really just a game to you? or do you try to reach specific goals?

What are those goals?

For me it's always been a game but one that I've aspired to be as good as I can get at, I started by trying to break 100, then 90, then 80, then 70, then to get in the sixties. I am goal oriented in everything I do, I love the chase.

To me it's both, just a game but I have goals, like you i want to break the 90, then 80, at my age I figure breaking 80 would be great

To me it's a game and it's also therapy. I've become less goal oriented over the years and although I always try to play my best, soaking up the full experience, scenary, weather, company, accomplishment, all make for a great day in my eyes.

It is a game in as much as I have some personal goals that I would like to try and achieve but it is more of a social time with friends and an escape from the stresses of daily life

Golf is a game to me. I get up for certain matches but for the most part im just enjoying the company and pulling off shots I draw up in my head

It's both for me. But I lean more towards game than goals. And by that I mean that I've learned to not be bothered when I struggle. Golf is hard, and some goals seem so far away, but if I'm not enjoying the chase, I'm not playing anymore.

To me it is just a game. If I don't play like I would like to play, it is not the end of the world, I will try again another day. Golf is a hard game, you shouldn't get down on yourself if it don't work out they way you think it should. When it quits to be enjoyable, I will quit and take something else.

I certainly have goals and work hard to try to achieve them, but in the end, it is just a game. There's about a billion things in life that are more important.

With that said, enjoying time on the course with friends is important too.

For me it is a game filled with challenges, goals and disappointments.

It's a game. Doesn't mean I don't take it very seriously. But it's a game.

Its always a game for me - more enjoyable when playing well, but always great to be out playing no matter what.

Definitely both, I throughly enjoy time on the course and just playing but when there's some sort of competition it goes above just being fun and turns into a personal challenge to play my absolute best.

I treat it like any other sport I've played. It's a fun challenge, one where I want to play my best. Definitely the most frustrating one for sure though.

I believe golf is what you make of it. It can be a game, a relaxing escape to relieve stress and have a good time. It can also be competitive with the course and/or opponents.

I don't take golf too seriously on many occasions.

It's just a game full of twists, turns and challenges. I love the chase to improve but mostly the friends and fun that it has brought into my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to be as good as I can be. I don't like playing poorly, and certainly have goals, but I still like the game for the social and mental enjoyment it brings me.

I am not getting paid to play golf, so "yes" it is just a game. I try to play my best, but realize I don't practice enough to ever get much better. I just enjoy being with good people on the course and the occasional feeling of a good hit :D

It's more than just a game to me; it's something I love doing so I suppose it could be called a passion. I enjoy setting goals and working on improving but it by no means is something that takes the enjoyment out of it for me. Getting out and playing is the part I enjoy most.

It's a game. I have goals I would
Ike to accomplish, but in the end I play it for fun and a way to enjoy a good time with some cool people. At the end of the day if I didn't meet my goal the world isn't going to end. I go back out and try again the next round

It's much more than just a game to me. It's a passion and a love that I have regardless of my talent level or ability. I do hold myself to a certain standard whether I like it or not and every time I'm out there I want to do well.

I might say that "I don't even care" in the midst of a poor round but the truth is that I do and it kills me.

It's an obsession to me. I try to make sure I always enjoy the round even if I play poorly, but I have goals I want to reach every time I go out. I'm like you Trout, I'm always trying to top the next milestone.

Golf is a game like any other sport for me. I try my best and practice when I can.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Golf is a metaphor for life. You only get back what you give it. It's fun for sure, but it's not a game.

Its a game that drives me to be better. Before I quit last time, it was an obsession that drove me to take the game and myself way to seriously. Playing now and finding THP, golf has been an enjoyable game that keeps me working towards a goal.

Im a better player and person this time around.

JM

Golf is a game but has many similarities to life in general. It's hard, and nothing worth having and keeping comes easy

Back