Is Tyreek Hill a HOFer?

Only 1 time 1st Team All Pro
7 time Pro Bowl
No ring
And is in…
4424B661-B446-4236-9857-487E6BDA7310.jpeg
Then Hill gets in after his career is over.

I don't get the argument that a guy having a generational QB should hurt his case personally. I don't think he is as of now but him having a good QB shouldn't be a detriment to his resume.

I don't get the argument that a guy having a generational QB should hurt his case personally. I don't think he is as of now but him having a good QB shouldn't be a detriment to his resume.
But a generational QB definitely helps:
Mystery WR not in the HOF discussion, but has decent enough numbers & a Super Bowl ring ⬇️.

4B8360B6-57EA-46E7-BB30-9124E748F35D.jpeg

I think it should be taken into account. Look at a guy like Larry Fitzgerald. He had a really good shot at breaking Jerry Rice's record, had he not played with terrible QBs half his career. Skelton barely had a 50% compared to a Brees or Manning over 65%. 15% more catches over a decade makes a huge difference.

I think it should be taken into account. Look at a guy like Larry Fitzgerald. He had a really good shot at breaking Jerry Rice's record, had he not played with terrible QBs half his career. Skelton barely had a 50% compared to a Brees or Manning over 65%. 15% more catches over a decade makes a huge difference.
Obviously it helps, alot. But has anyone ever questioned Marvin Harrison having been with Peyton the whole time? Do people argue he wasn't that good cause he had an all time great QB?

All I'm saying is, why would you dock a guy for something he doesn't control?

Obviously it helps, alot. But has anyone ever questioned Marvin Harrison having been with Peyton the whole time? Do people argue he wasn't that good cause he had a all time great QB?
Jerry Rice had a few really great QBs delivering him those passes.
I mean the list is pretty endless and you could make the case for some of them its the chicken and the egg. And for every part of "its the QB" is an equal part of the system, the OL and the person running the routes.

Jerry Rice had a few really great QBs delivering him those passes.
I mean the list is pretty endless and you could make the case for some of them its the chicken and the egg. And for every part of "its the QB" is an equal part of the system, the OL and the person running the routes.
Exactly. I don't like those arguments. If he's great in a system, or with a QB or etc etc, it doesn't matter. Did they perform? Do they have the numbers?

I also disagree with SB rings being a discussion. No sport is a teamsport quite like football. Noone is doing anything on their own, no matter how good they are.

Obviously it helps, alot. But has anyone ever questioned Marvin Harrison having been with Peyton the whole time? Do people argue he wasn't that good cause he had an all time great QB?
I remember that argument for a while. 1996 draft was stacked at WR and I have a hard time believing that Eric Moulds, Amani Toomer, T.O., etc., wouldn't have been as successful as Harrison, had they played with Manning.

I remember that argument for a while. 1996 draft was stacked at WR and I have a hard time believing that Eric Moulds, Amani Toomer, T.O., etc., wouldn't have been as successful as Harrison, had they played with Manning.
They likely could've done as well. Maybe better! But why should Marvin Harrison be punished for having the numbers to get in, but not because of who he played with? It stinks for those who play with bum QBs. It really does. But if you produce you produce, regardless of if someone could've produced more in your shoes.

They likely could've done as well. Maybe better! But why should Marvin Harrison be punished for having the numbers to get in, but not because of who he played with? It stinks for those who play with bum QBs. It really does. But if you produce you produce, regardless of if someone could've produced more in your shoes.
I don't think of it as a punishment, but it's something that should be taken into account when voting. At times lesser stats may be more impressive. The Barry vs. Emmitt argument always comes to mind.

I don't think of it as a punishment, but it's something that should be taken into account when voting. At times lesser stats may be more impressive. The Barry vs. Emmitt argument always comes to mind.
I agree. Emmitt is my favorite ever. Barry is the best ever. And a better RB than Emmitt ever was. Do I think ES shouldn't make the HOF cause Barry didn't have as good of an OL so had lesser numbers? Absolutely not. They both should make it. And Barry should be held in a higher regard.

Yes… I think so.

If he retired today, no. I think by the time he's done he will be though.

I said it before he was a dolphin in this thread: he already has stats comparable to some in the HOF and he is still playing. Unless he murders someone while he is playing, and found guilty, he will be in the HOF.

Impressive career so far. He did have the benefit of playing with a great quarterback on a very good team and his numbers and accomplishments are impressive and I can see this going either way. I am anxious to see how he does with Miami and if he can still be a game changer with Miami and Tua.
The answer is in…. Yes

Back