Is Tyreek Hill a HOFer?

I noticed last year while on my fantasy team, it seemed like that's how his year went. 200+ yards with 4 TD's or 35 yards and no td's.
That’s just because the team didn’t use him right or enough :rolleyes::LOL:

No. Not yet. Calvin Johnson was unguardable and the best WR in the game every year he played on a team that couldn’t run the ball!
Was he?
He only had 2 seasons his entire career with more than 90 catches.
He was great no doubt about it, and rewarded with 3 All Pro awards. If he is the measuring stick, Hill has to be darn close.

Not yet I don't think. He does have a chance to be

His talent is unquestionable but his character issues should keep him out of the HOF IMO.
Unfortunately, off the field issues are not allowed to be used when choosing HOF in the NFL.
Had he had on field issues (see A. Brown) that would be a different story.

Not yet if he retired today. But another 3 good seasons and trailing off for 2-3 or more after that and I don’t see how he doesn’t make it. We’ll on his way if he stays consistent.

I noticed last year while on my fantasy team, it seemed like that's how his year went. 200+ yards with 4 TD's or 35 yards and no td's.
I guess this is where my thoughts are. I feel like at times he goes away and can’t find the game, or if there were DB’s that could stay close and be physical

I guess this is where my thoughts are. I feel like at times he goes away and can’t find the game, or if there were DB’s that could stay close and be physical
I feel like sometimes when thinking about past players, we forget those blips too. Here is a season long game log of Megatron in a fantastic year where he had nearly 1500 yards receiving. He also had more than a quarter of the season where he had less than 52 yards per game.

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 12.10.02 PM.png

The 3 First Team All Pro selections are impressive.

I went back and looked and he wasn't quite as up and down as I thought. He does face a lot of double coverage too. He definitely showed up in the playoffs.

th1.JPGth2.JPG

I think he is. His stats are comparable to those in and he is still playing.

But don't you think voters still vote their conscious (allowed or not)?
It's not baseball (see Barry Bonds) and it's not the Hall of Really Nice Guys. I don't see voters making a statement in Football like they did with Bonds in the MLB.

Not yet. WR admissions are way too competitive.

And as far as Calvin Johnson, I think there needs to be some weighting given to the teams he was on. Matt Stafford left Detroit for 1 year, won a SB, and his legacy is already being looked at differently. Had Stafford stuck around in Detroit instead, this year would have just been another forgotten "Stat Padford" campaign on a 5 win Lions team.

CJ is the most talented WR I have ever seen. But he never got those big moments on Sunday Night Football or the NFC Championship game. 99% of his career was spent on Midwest morning regional games, usually where the Lions were trailing and he was getting bodied by two DBs. I would have loved to see him get a couple Moss-type seasons hanging out with Tom Brady in New England.

Last edited:
I feel like sometimes when thinking about past players, we forget those blips too. Here is a season long game log of Megatron in a fantastic year where he had nearly 1500 yards receiving. He also had more than a quarter of the season where he had less than 52 yards per game.

View attachment 9107579
I did go back and look after I posted my thoughts as I was curious and noticed the same.

But then it begs the question, at least when using Megatron as a comp, is how much do you put on the Detroit Lions? :ROFLMAO:

Regardless of how those two compare, if Hill does what he's done this year with a new team he would get my vote

I think he needs a bit more longevity. If he blows out his knee in the first game of this season and never plays another game I don't think so. If he stays healthy/productive for another 4 years definitely.

I did go back and look after I posted my thoughts as I was curious and noticed the same.

But then it begs the question, at least when using Megatron as a comp, is how much do you put on the Detroit Lions? :ROFLMAO:

Regardless of how those two compare, if Hill does what he's done this year with a new team he would get my vote
Hahah that is a good point.
I think my thoughts are that we often remember the greatness or the fall, but never the in between. I mean CJ had 1500 yards that season, which is a monster. He also had 5 games where he didnt get passed 52 yards. WR is a tough one for consistency I would imagine week in and week out. I also wouldnt have thought Hill had 3 All Pros yet, so there is that.

Was he?
He only had 2 seasons his entire career with more than 90 catches.
He was great no doubt about it, and rewarded with 3 All Pro awards. If he is the measuring stick, Hill has to be darn close.
His talent is unquestionable but his character issues should keep him out of the HOF IMO.

I'm actually surprised he's still in the NFL. I guess the personal conduct policy doesn't apply to guys that run 4.2s.
This is one reason I wouldn’t vote for him. My other thought is that if you have to pick one guy in their prime to put on your team, who would you take from a talent perspective? I go with Megatron all day every day and twice on Sunday’s. He was also playing in a more run heavy NFL where AP and CJ28 where pushing nearly 2K yards a season.

This season will be a better indication of Tyreek’s HOF potential. If he can do it with Tua at QB, I’ll change my mind (from a talent perspective). He did great things in KC’s offense, but I personally think that was his peak, while I was left desiring so much more from Megatron when he retired and still wonder what if he was on a better team.

This is one reason I wouldn’t vote for him. My other thought is that if you have to pick one guy in their prime to put on your team, who would you take from a talent perspective? I go with Megatron all day every day and twice on Sunday’s. He was also playing in a more run heavy NFL where AP and CJ28 where pushing nearly 2K yards a season.

But the NFL HOF is not allowed to deal with off the field issues.

I also dont disagree that the offense had a little something to do with it, although that could be said for nearly every guy in the HOF. I dont think anybody expects him to have the same numbers with this offense and in this division, but I do think its getting dismissed a bit prematurely. His numbers for where he is are about as high as anybody in the history of the position with the exception of Jerry Rice and Randy Moss. Pretty good company.

I'm not sure he is there just yet and unfortunately he does not have Pat Mahomes throwing to him anymore. I see 3 possibilities. He continues to tear it up in Miami and he is a sure fire first ballot guy. He drops from top 3 WR numbers to top 20 WR and he is one of those guys that's kind of 50/50 to get in. He drops down considerably and becomes a run of the mill WR and then I think his chances of getting in the HOF are nill. So basically he has work to do.

But the NFL HOF is not allowed to deal with off the field issues.

I also dont disagree that the offense had a little something to do with it, although that could be said for nearly every guy in the HOF. I dont think anybody expects him to have the same numbers with this offense and in this division, but I do think its getting dismissed a bit prematurely. His numbers for where he is are about as high as anybody in the history of the position with the exception of Jerry Rice and Randy Moss. Pretty good company.
Absolutely true. Anytime you’re in the same space as the two best WRs of all time, you’re doing something right

No:

1659028616956.png

I say yes.
3 x All Pro
6 x Pro Bowler
I believe Calvin Johnson got in with similar.
Megatron played 9 seasons to Hill's 6. Also has 250 more catches and 5000 more yards... Hill's playoffs & Super Bowl ring are big plusses though...

Back