January Fitness Challenge

Alright, December was a rough one for me. Lots of snacking, lots of lazy. With the schedule I've got growing in front of me for this year, I think it's time to get back on the wagon.

Who's with me? What are you doing to make a difference for yourself in January? Diet? Exercise? Anything at all?
December was rough for me as well. Felt like so many road blocks followed by all the horrible but awesome tasting food for the holidays. But wife has agreed it's time to get to business. We are going grocery shopping this weekend to get back at it with weight watchers starting Monday and then starting the workout plan as well. I'm excited to start all this and get my body back feeling good. Workout is made around getting my hips and shoulders more flexible and building my core and upper body strength so interested to see how it affects my swing and distance. I haven't worked out regularly for a long time and I was hitting some of the longest drives I've ever hit this year so here's to hoping!

The sweets need to stop! I could seriously eat cake daily....and ice cream sandwiches. I started back to the gym Monday and plan to keep it going

I am in for sure, they wife has gotten me started on yoga, don't ask, i am not posting pics in my stretchy pants. also have a new elliptical stair climber staring at me.

Need to get back to the gym.

I'm in. Lost 24 pounds from July 8-Holidays. Gained 10 back....gotta lose it

time to get back to no carbs and sugars!!!

Day #1 in the books. 29 more to go.

Will be continuing my strength training twice a week along with a day of mobility which is my favorite. I have two trips the first two weeks of the month so i will be jamming all the workouts in mon thru wed those weeks. All of the junk that was in the house for dec has been removed!

I acted like a total sack today. Lame.

i am always amazed by the number of golfers (think almost everyone) who ride around totally flat golf courses instead of walking like a man...

December turned in to a bad month for me with illness and back problems so I really need to get back in to some kind of shape as we have a holiday in St Lucia in April and I don't want to look like a beached whale out there

Plan is to get back in to doing push-ups and squats in my office during the day and then hit the pool for a swim at least once a week, but I would like to try and swim more if I can - zero impact so shouldn't cause my back any problems

Jen went to her Slimming group last night and over the festive period she has managed to put on a couple of pounds, so she wants to get back in to the habit of eating a bit healthier as well - festive season is never good for the waistline

How many of you guys eat trash at night just to eat trash. I was in my pantry like 10 times last night looking for nothing, ended up eating nothing, and am so glad about it this morning.

I'm the kind of person who doesn't go out seeking trash, but if I see it and I want it I just go after it recklessly. Ugh, it's awful.

Definitely my weakness, in fact I was sat last night eating Pringles after I got back from my physio appointment - I need to stop buying junk for in the house really

Shopping this weekend will be the start of getting back to healthy eating and trying to get in shape

How many of you guys eat trash at night just to eat trash. I was in my pantry like 10 times last night looking for nothing, ended up eating nothing, and am so glad about it this morning.

I'm the kind of person who doesn't go out seeking trash, but if I see it and I want it I just go after it recklessly. Ugh, it's awful.
I had to tell my wife what I wanted instead of the junk. It’s simple, I had her get snack packs that are fresh cut fruit and vegetables. Apples, carrots, celery and such. I’ve actually really started to like them and feel better about it to. Guilt free snaking.

The plan for me is pretty simple. Lay off the Taco Bell and eat better. Also come golf season there will be a ton more walking this year. Healthier and saves money so win/win.

Two straight days and we’re keeping the train rolling - Fit For Golf session this evening - playing 18 tomorrow (walking) so I may take a day off from additional exercise

Two straight days and we’re keeping the train rolling - Fit For Golf session this evening - playing 18 tomorrow (walking) so I may take a day off from additional exercise
Leading the charge my guy.

Well freaking done.

Alright I need to get back on this train. December was a disaster

I've got to get back on the exercise train. 100 pushups and 50 situps.

It’s ok to miss a day or two as long as ya don’t let it derail you. Get back on the train and get after it. Remember, after a few weeks you will feel the difference and it will motivate you even more.

132 Days, going to be primed and ready to retain it

Let’s Go! New Year (Decade) New You

I really want to get to a gym, working out at home isn't cutting it BUT its literally the absolute WORST time of year to hit a gym.

I really want to get to a gym, working out at home isn't cutting it BUT its literally the absolute WORST time of year to hit a gym.

I’m not looking forward to going tonight, I try to do early am in Jan as it’s still quieter

Tons of easy stuff for you to get for the house to get you through Jan and good base fitness then do a gym later in the year when fitness is improved and you need more and people have fallen off

At first I didn’t like the home gym. As I’ve learned what works and what is less effective I’ve come to like it. No wasted time driving. For golf it’s pretty easy to be honest. Bonus is it seems to reap good results. Perhaps at my age I was over doing it at the gym.

Last year I broke thru a plateau I had not been able to get past for over 20 years despite working out regularly and eating what I thought was ok most of the time. Adjusted my eating and dropped 35 pounds total, and actually at the point I have been trying to not lose anymore weight. Been maintaining that for over 6 months even with a vacation to Europe.

This year I want to improve some strength and pick up some speed on the bike. And get back into some sort of golf routine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a golf focused workout program? I want to work our/lift more often, but I want it to be optimized to help my golf game

Does anyone have a golf focused workout program? I want to work our/lift more often, but I want it to be optimized to help my golf game
There are some out there for sure. I do my own. Main focus areas would be back and legs. A little less focus on supporting groups, arms, shoulder, and chest. I also do some resistance band work and just ordered a rowing machine.
Legs and lower back provide a lot of power on the swing and drive through the ball. Core work in general is important for golfers. I try to not over think it. Basic compound movements and a isolation movement 5 sets each is plenty for me. I usually do 3 to 4 movements per set.
Example would be bench press, lat pull downs , and dead lifts. Dumbbell incline press, cable rows, stiff leg dead lift. Then I will change up for 3 work outs that week. Day 4 I will do whatever sounds fun or needs extra attention. I try not to lift the day before playing but I sometimes screw that up.

I'm finally eating better since Christmas day (admittedly with the help of phentermine I bought here in Mexico; it's a great appetite suppressant). That has me down to 213 from 224; now I need to get back to exercising and lifting regularly. It's been REALLY tough to shed weight these past 2 years for some reason.

But yes, I'm with you! A lean, in-shape 195-200lbs is my goal!

Back