Jason Day Leaving Nike

Very interesting. I thought the only people who were going to be sponsored by Malbon were internet golfers playing PGA 2K21.

What The Hell Wtf GIF by CBS

I just do not understand the hate for Malbon.

So they knocked off the Scotty logo and the Titleist font. They collaborated with Foot Joy, which if not mistaken is owned by Titleist.

They have a street wear take on golf apparel. It is something fresh and different. There is a whole group of people who find the traditional golf apparel not fitting their style on the course and have a completely different thought process on golf. Just watch Malbon golf keep growing.
Im sure there is a place for it.
I struggle with anybody that makes their start by knocking off someone elses work. To me that is stealing.
Others might be completely okay with it.

Jason Day... meh Tiger rumors are likely true... where does Rory land when its all said and done? Hopefully Puma or TM

Jason Day... meh Tiger rumors are likely true... where does Rory land when its all said and done? Hopefully Puma or TM
I dont see Rory with Puma.

I would like to, but dont see it happening.

I believe this is the polo JDay’s wearing.

100% heavier cotton pique? What’s old is new?
Heavier cotton. Wear it and sweat more. No thanks.

Fashion moves in never ending circles, those will eventually be “in” again.
For some they have never been out. :LOL:

Im sure there is a place for it.
I struggle with anybody that makes their start by knocking off someone elses work. To me that is stealing.
Others might be completely okay with it.

This whole thing is a street wear type of thing. The brand has obviously grown that since time and has evolved into a brand the a PGA tour player is going to wear. Not every brand is for everyone. Like from my stand point I will never wear Foot Joy apparel because it is too boring and the brand heritage is very stuffy country club. This brand just doesn't fit my style.

The other thing that is being missed here Malbon golf is building a brand that a certain demographic that would wear. He is not targeting the 40 and over stuffy country club guy, they are targeting a younger hippier golfer, who immersed in skateboarding, fashion and art, hence not your traditional golfer.

Have you listened to the Par 3 pod cast he has JR Smith. It is very different look at golf.

Did Jason Day leave, or is Nike not renewing contracts that expire? I am genuinely curious what non elite level PGA players will get paid for apparel and even club deals.
I agree I think there is more into this. I heard they are teaming up with Srixon but not sure if that's true

I dont see Rory with Puma.

I would like to, but dont see it happening.
I don’t want Rory in Puma because I like Puma so much.

"There have been times that I'd be standing on the first tee and look over to see another golfer in essentially the same outfit as me. I'm excited to be able to go outside of the box and wear something that's dramatically different than what everyone is used to seeing in golf today.”-Jason Day

If it works for him.

Back