Jason Day Leaving Nike

I just do not understand the hate for Malbon.

So they knocked off the Scotty logo and the Titleist font. They collaborated with Foot Joy, which if not mistaken is owned by Titleist.

They have a street wear take on golf apparel. It is something fresh and different. There is a whole group of people who find the traditional golf apparel not fitting their style on the course and have a completely different thought process on golf. Just watch Malbon golf keep growing.
Is it hate though? Or is it just different opinions.

I lean extremely anti traditional in my apparel, but I still find Malbon…not great, and think others do different, better, especially at the price points.

I just do not understand the hate for Malbon.

So they knocked off the Scotty logo and the Titleist font. They collaborated with Foot Joy, which if not mistaken is owned by Titleist.

They have a street wear take on golf apparel. It is something fresh and different. There is a whole group of people who find the traditional golf apparel not fitting their style on the course and have a completely different thought process on golf. Just watch Malbon golf keep growing.
For me I prefer better designs and options that what Malbon presents. The shoes are a non starter, the clothes look overly baggy and cut square like most of the traditional golf apparel. I like slimmer pants, athletic/euro cut shirts and shoes without mudflaps.

For me I prefer better designs and options that what Malbon presents. The shoes are a non starter, the clothes look overly baggy and cut square like most of the traditional golf apparel. I like slimmer pants, athletic/euro cut shirts and shoes without mudflaps.
This is it for me. I love non traditional, I just think most of what Malbon puts out aren’t good looking non traditional haha

This is it for me. I love non traditional, I just think most of what Malbon puts out aren’t good looking non traditional haha
that shirt from the photo shoot looked really baggy and itchy...I would hate that down here in the spring and summer

This whole thing is a street wear type of thing. The brand has obviously grown that since time and has evolved into a brand the a PGA tour player is going to wear. Not every brand is for everyone. Like from my stand point I will never wear Foot Joy apparel because it is too boring and the brand heritage is very stuffy country club. This brand just doesn't fit my style.

The other thing that is being missed here Malbon golf is building a brand that a certain demographic that would wear. He is not targeting the 40 and over stuffy country club guy, they are targeting a younger hippier golfer, who immersed in skateboarding, fashion and art, hence not your traditional golfer.

Have you listened to the Par 3 pod cast he has JR Smith. It is very different look at golf.
I know the brand well. In fact in their infancy, I introduced them to a dozen people in the golf industry who wouldn’t give them the time of day.

I know the brand well. In fact in their infancy, I introduced them to a dozen people in the golf industry who wouldn’t give them the time of day.
Fair enough!! Seems like they are doing ok

Is it hate though? Or is it just different opinions.

I lean extremely anti traditional in my apparel, but I still find Malbon…not great, and think others do different, better, especially at the price points.
i think you hit the nail on the head a difference of opinion is the best way to sum this up. It is refreshing to healthy a debate

I think we just have a difference of opinion here. Not that iI wear a every piece they make, I think it is interesting take that caters to a certain crowd.

i think you hit the nail on the head a difference of opinion is the best way to sum this up. It is refreshing to healthy a debate
It’s part of what makes THP so damn fun!

Cruised their website, it’s interesting for sure. Kinda microbrew guy crossed with Justice. I don’t get the logo on another brand thing. Fashion does a lot of crazy stuff though.

Saw JDay a minute ago. He’s making Glover look kempt.

After watching Day yesterday.... can we get my guy a tailor?

I think he looks alright. Fashion moves in cycles. I'd say post-Covid we've seen a re-emergence of wider, more relaxed fitting clothing as worn here by J. Day.

I bet we see pleated pants before long.
Pleated joggers maybe. Is he going to wear a bucket hat soon?
0b8eb7e40875d41acab3a66796f37351.jpg

Pleated joggers maybe. Is he going to wear a bucket hat soon?
0b8eb7e40875d41acab3a66796f37351.jpg
I was with you until the bucket hat shot. That's a bridge too far. :ROFLMAO:

Let's just be 100000% real here for a minute. Their shoes are fine if that whatcha like. They're making a kings ransom on them too.

Their clothing? Is and always has been absolute trash for the price. So many other better brands out there to choose from.

Let's just be 100000% real here for a minute. Their shoes are fine if that whatcha like. They're making a kings ransom on them too.

Their clothing? Is and always has been absolute trash for the price. So many other better brands out there to choose from.
I've never bought anything from them and they've never appealed to me. What he is wearing is not changing my opinion.

jday looks like he's wearing painter's pants today. they're enormous on him. hard to make a guy that fit look dumpy, so, congrats?

Back