Jason Day Leaving Nike

What an odd spot to go after leaving Nike. I completely get their shift in marketing dollars, but I feel like this opens the market wide open for smaller companies to start picking 1 or 2 guys off here and there.

I wonder if Brooks will stay with Nike.. seems like it would still work for him.

While I believe you Will see this out of just about every golfer in their stable in time, choosing the brand he did is just weird.
You mean you didn't fall in love with the Coca-Cola collection? They certainly are a unique brand.

He went from a young athletic company to one - based on the shirt he’s wearing - that screams frumpy old guys. Weird choice.

I have some Malbon stuff I won or was a gift. Overpriced IMHO. I could buy 2 UA polos for the price of a Malbon that isnt even as comfortable. And a whole set of head covers just as nice for the price of one Malbon. Not impressed. (But I still use my free Malbon gear LOL)

And the upcharge they get for putting their Malbon Logo on an Adidas shirt is stupid. Like I care they put an extras logo on a shirt.......

Does Malborn actually make anything? Or just attach their logo to other people’s stuff??
Attaches logo. Or some might say got started by stealing logos.

Strange.

I own a variety of Malbon pieces and they are great. This brand is young and fresh. My assumption is Day is leaving Nike because he is getting equity in Malbon Golf.

I have never understood Malbon.. with this signing.. I still don't...

Just wondering, did he leave or was his contract not renewed. Nike seems to like to trend young. A lot of their stable aren't as fit as they once were. Tiger is an exception but with all his surgeries he isn't the same either. Not saying any of these guys are out of shape. Age always wins.

I happen to like the style of Malbon and they are adding some streetwear appeal. My last name starts with an M so that adds to my appeal with their script M logo. They have some stuff I love and some stuff I hate. Seems like they are trying to be more of a lifestyle brand vs golf only. Even the polo Day is wearing in the shoot, I argue it is more for off the course. The have done a lot of cool collabs such as New Balance and Lusso Cloud. In Korea, they are huge with their own apparel (non-collaborations) and some of that stuff is making it to the US. I see it as growth for a brand trying to take off and help get more people into golf.

Now we have a "hype video" for the signing

I happen to like the style of Malbon and they are adding some streetwear appeal. My last name starts with an M so that adds to my appeal with their script M logo. They have some stuff I love and some stuff I hate. Seems like they are trying to be more of a lifestyle brand vs golf only. Even the polo Day is wearing in the shoot, I argue it is more for off the course. The have done a lot of cool collabs such as New Balance and Lusso Cloud. In Korea, they are huge with their own apparel (non-collaborations) and some of that stuff is making it to the US. I see it as growth for a brand trying to take off and help get more people into golf.
All they do are collabs that put their logo’s on though. It’s odd.

All they do are collabs that put their logo’s on though. It’s odd.
I guess it beats how they got started, which was ripping off Scotty Cameron logos.

those shoes are
Parks And Recreation GIF by Peacock

I. Am. Speechless...... those pants.....

Shocked Community GIF

This has to be an equity heavy deal but.... Jason buddy.... 40% of nothing isn't good.

I guess it beats how they got started, which was ripping off Scotty Cameron logos.
This is absolutely true.

I just do not understand the hate for Malbon.

So they knocked off the Scotty logo and the Titleist font. They collaborated with Foot Joy, which if not mistaken is owned by Titleist.

They have a street wear take on golf apparel. It is something fresh and different. There is a whole group of people who find the traditional golf apparel not fitting their style on the course and have a completely different thought process on golf. Just watch Malbon golf keep growing.

Back