Jon Rahm Joins Callaway Staff

Nice get on the hard goods side for Callaway. Also repping TopGolf on the sleeve.

Don't see him as a TravisMathew guy though. From the TM website: Founded in 2007, TravisMathew draws its inspiration from the culture and lifestyle of Southern California’s surf, sand, and sun.
Haha if he was from the US, he would definitely be a South Carolina guy. Look at him!

Nice welcome by Lefty. I see good things for Jon Rahm and Callaway this year, I think his transition to the equipment is going to be easy and we're going to see some wins from him. I predict he'll get back to #1.

Great deal with nice upside for Callaway, IMO.

I like this a lot, definitely a solid move for both parties. I know that Rahm has had a few detractors in the past but hopefully as he matures he can just temper the temper a little bit, he's a great great player with a short game to die for. Very interested to see how this pans out for both sides.

I think this is a good move on both ends, for Jon it brings more responsibility as he will be a bigger fish in the fry. For Callaway it will bring them a proven winner and upcoming long-term star in the top 5 of the world..

Jon and Phil both mentioned the ball in the video.
Not sure if that is scripted but the Callaway's golf ball division is getting some love.

Callaway is as good a spot as any for him to land. I’m guessing he’ll keep the same Aldila Tour Green TX shafts that he’s been playing for 7+ years in his driver and two fairways woods. I’ve always been surprised and liked that he didn’t tinker much with shafts considering how easy it would be for him to do so. I’m the same way and happen to play the Tour Green since it was released in both of my fairways and have had one form of a similar weight and flex profile Aldila shaft in my driver since 2003.

Good for Jon, I think it will be a great move for both parties.

Jon and Phil both mentioned the ball in the video.
Not sure if that is scripted but the Callaway's golf ball division is getting some love.

Rightfully so. The CSX is absolutely amazing. I don't think I hit any other ball as far. The only other ball that I have tried that seems to perform similarly for me is the ProV1x.

Big Rahm fan, hoping this move takes him to the next level and wins him some majors.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I like it for Rahm, and I'm really curious to gets peeks at the Protos in his bag. Hopefully soon!

Rightfully so. The CSX is absolutely amazing. I don't think I hit any other ball as far. The only other ball that I have tried that seems to perform similarly for me is the ProV1x.

Not that he’ll play the chrome soft x. Or any other callaway ball available at retail for that matter. Almost none of them pros do.

Do you think they asked him not to pee on camera this year?

I like it for Rahm, and I'm really curious to gets peeks at the Protos in his bag. Hopefully soon!

He's got them in the bag for this week. I'm sure we'll get a look.

How close is the CSX to the TP5X that Rahm played?

I don’t think the retail versions are that close.. the TP5x is a much firmer ball. The chrome soft x is an excellent ball. But I would put it closer to the regular TP5. At least in my opinion.

Not that he’ll play the chrome soft x. Or any other callaway ball available at retail for that matter. Almost none of them pros do.

that’s not totally accurate.. many, and I would say most are playing a ball that is available or will be available..

I don’t think the retail versions are that close.. the TP5x is a much firmer ball. The chrome soft x is an excellent ball. But I would put it closer to the regular TP5. At least in my opinion.
Well put here, but I will say I think the CSX is the most under talked about golf ball on the planet right now.

I think the CSX feels a bit better, but part of that could be what I am used to playing though.

The TP5 and 5X are pretty polarizing for golfers because both of them are pretty darn firm. Both above 90 and under 100 compression and 5 layers to go through. I believe going off memory that CSX is about 95.

I think the CSX feels a bit better, but part of that could be what I am used to playing though.

The TP5 and 5X are pretty polarizing for golfers because both of them are pretty darn firm. Both above 90 and under 100 compression and 5 layers to go through. I believe going off memory that CSX is about 95.

I totally agree. The CSX is a great ball. I find the TP5x to be in a different world in many ways.. It is so high launch low spin. I am not sure anything can compete with the 5x into the wind. But, there are draw backs. Even for me who prefers a firmer feeling ball, it is almost too firm. I prefer the 5 no X ball over the X around the green.

Since the Tp5x ball though many have started coming out with lower spinning higher launching options. Such as the left dash.

that’s not totally accurate.. many, and I would say most are playing a ball that is available or will be available..
On another golf forum @JasonFinleyCG said Rahm, Phil and Xander all play the retail CSx.

Actually, Rahm, along with Xander and Phil, among many others play our most played ball on tour the RETAIL Chrome Soft X.

Raises an interesting question. Do most pros play a ball that is available or at this time of year will be available early next year?

Back