Jordan Spieth DQ’D

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
He signed an incorrect score card

Spieth signed for a 3 and made a 4 on No. 4.

How does this happen in this age?? Why are they still signing cards anyway.? It’s stupid and antiquated..

Rule is a rule but this rule has to go

That sucks but until rule is changed that’s the way it is.

Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

Just saw that announcement. I mean come on.

• Admin
How does this happen in this age?? Why are they still signing cards anyway.? It’s stupid and antiquated..
I hav been saying this for a decade. With that said it’s a very interesting case based on who gets penalized.

Say this was Cantlay. I would assume most would say “sucks to be you, follow the rules”. Or Pat Reed it would be “once a cheater, always….”

You may not like it or think it’s a dumb rule, but it’s the rule.

I hav been saying this for a decade. With that said it’s a very interesting case based on who gets penalized.

Say this was Cantlay. I would assume most would say “sucks to be you, follow the rules”. Or Pat Reed it would be “once a cheater, always….”
No player should ever sign the wrong scorecard. In an age of digital score keeping. It’s dumb. For any player.

I think it's a fun reminder of how we all screw up the little things. Lol

...... or if it was Tiger ...... "Excuse me Mr. Woods, a little mistake here, but don't worry, I already fixed it for you." :LOL:

The same guy who got all smug after the SSG deal. Karma is a b*tch.

Doesn’t the player and caddie cross reference cards before the sign or something? Have a hard time believing you can’t figure out between a 4 or 3 on the hole.

...... or if it was Tiger ...... "Excuse me Mr. Woods, a little mistake here, but don't worry, I already fixed it for you." :LOL:
I did happen to him. He was assessed the penalty post round and allowed to play the next day..

Dang. That sucks. I enjoy watching Spieth.

Such a strange rule to still exist.

Also not a fan of the rule where you can’t share what club you’re hitting. I think golf rules need a few changes.

Stupid rule in this day and age, regardless of who it is get penalized.

Walking scorer is in there also. Takes 3 to screw it up.
Two seemed sufficient here I’d say, the walking scorers aren’t usually in the signing tent are they?

So is this cheating or are we chalking this up to an innocent mistake? My personal take would be all of these types of instances are simple mistakes, but when it comes to public opinion it seems like it depends on who the player is.

That's rough, no ill intent but a costly mistake.

And just like that Texas has seceded from the PGA Tour.

It’s kind of like taxes “we know, but you need to tell us and if you’re wrong you won’t like it”

Back