KBS C-Taper Lite Iron Shaft - Review Thread

So, I ended up choosing the CTLs for my #THPLegacy irons. The slightly higher launch and slightly higher spin profile won me over.

It truly is a great choice. These shafts complete stun me how good they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know I love em. I don't know if you've hit mine on the course yet since they were changed. have you?

So, I ended up choosing the CTLs for my #THPLegacy irons. The slightly higher launch and slightly higher spin profile won me over.

You know I love em. I don't know if you've hit mine on the course yet since they were changed. have you?
Nope, just some dome swings so far.

I'm also in the game for a new set of shafts for my Mizuno MP58, to replace the (stock) Dynalite Gold XP (the old version) regular (R300). I have seen the KBS CTL (s flex), and they look bad ass with that satin finish :)

Do the CTL's have a lower ball flight than the Dynalite XP. Because the Dynalite XP are going really high with a lot of spin, a bit too much of both for me. I am looking for a bit lower trajectory.

I'm also in the game for a new set of shafts for my Mizuno MP58, to replace the (stock) Dynalite Gold XP (the old version) regular (R300). I have seen the KBS CTL (s flex), and they look bad ass with that satin finish :)

Do the CTL's have a lower ball flight than the Dynalite XP. Because the Dynalite XP are going really high with a lot of spin, a bit too much of both for me. I am looking for a bit lower trajectory.

In the same boat...

I believe the time has come where I am riding the line between Stiff and Regular (7 iron averages around 150...and 75mph)...so I am looking at rehafting my :ping: i15 irons. I plan to send them to PING as I may adjust my lie and want them to do some resfinishing (not that my irons are in bad shape) if they can (new white lines, etc...). I play a fade and can hit the ball high...don't mind a high ball flight but do not want ballooning. That is one of my fears of going to a Regular shaft and was wondering if anyone can comment on the difference between the shafts as follows and what my work best for me: Thanks

Name / Flex / weight / torque / launch

KBS C-Taper Lite / Reg / 105 / 2.2 / Mid-High

KBS Tour-V / Reg / 100 / 2.1 / Mid

CFS Distance / Reg / 100 / 2.1 / Mid

I believe the time has come where I am riding the line between Stiff and Regular (7 iron averages around 150...and 75mph)...so I am looking at rehafting my ing: i15 irons. I plan to send them to PING as I may adjust my lie and want them to do some resfinishing (not that my irons are in bad shape) if they can (new white lines, etc...). I play a fade and can hit the ball high...don't mind a high ball flight but do not want ballooning. That is one of my fears of going to a Regular shaft and was wondering if anyone can comment on the difference between the shafts as follows and what my work best for me: Thanks

Name / Flex / weight / torque / launch

KBS C-Taper Lite / Reg / 105 / 2.2 / Mid-High

KBS Tour-V / Reg / 100 / 2.1 / Mid

CFS Distance / Reg / 100 / 2.1 / Mid
The CFS ballooned on me. My c taper lites have not shown any ballooning whatsoever. I've not played with the other shaft.

These and the cfs played and spit out very similar numbers for me. No issues with either holding up to my swing.

Some great shots being played with CTLs at the Legacy right now.
CTLs are awesome and I wish I found them sooner. The accuracy is the main thing that jumps out at me.

These and the cfs played and spit out very similar numbers for me. No issues with either holding up to my swing.

Similar experience with me. If I ever move on from the Speedblades (iE1s anyone? :D) I think I'll keep these. Just solid for me.

CTLs are awesome and I wish I found them sooner. The accuracy is the main thing that jumps out at me.

LOVE that you guys are enjoying them. So solid.

The CFS ballooned on me. My c taper lites have not shown any ballooning whatsoever. I've not played with the other shaft.

Thanks guys I apprecate the input...Yesterday I went to see an old club fitter of mine who knows my game (we have played together) and he said he would go with either the CTL or Tour V but knowing my game (I can back up a W/S Duo with a 5 iron sometimes) and that I can create a lot of spin he thought the Tour V would be best. Also as we compared the look of both to the i15 head I think a chrome shaft (Tour V) would look better in the i15 head than the satin CTL. However, I think the CTL looks amazing in forged or satin heads like the new :ping: iE1.

Im screaming the same thing bud. I am in love with the CTLs.

Im screaming the same thing bud. I am in love with the CTLs.
You swung these so well this weekend, CJ. There were very different swing profiles playing these, and the shafts held up their end of the bargain just fine.

You swung these so well this weekend, CJ. There were very different swing profiles playing these, and the shafts held up their end of the bargain just fine.
Lord knows if they work for my ugly swing they'll probably work for most of the population....

I would venture to say that these launch nearly as high as the Tour 90s, but with boat loads more control and accuracy. Easy to flight the ball down too.

Just a phenomenal shaft. Incredible.

I would venture to say that these launch nearly as high as the Tour 90s, but with boat loads more control and accuracy. Easy to flight the ball down too.

Not quite as high, and significantly less spin. I agree completely on the control factor, stable stable stable.

Glad others are getting the chance to enjoy these now. They're just silly solid.

I am ridiculously excited to see your C100/CTL build in person. It just absolutely sounds like heaven!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I am a massive fan of these shafts. It's a little tough for me to tell exactly what performance traits are due to the iron heads and which are due to the shafts, but with these I just feel so in control.
They feel like a really stiff and controllable shaft in the hands yet somehow launch the ball effortlessly. They respond really well to my little punch swing with a beautiful mid flight and launch like a rocket on full swings.

Couldn't recommend these shafts more.

This may be a skim alert but I didn't see any comparison between the CTL and PXi through my quick search. Thoughts?

EDIT: Found a P4B post with head-to-head comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am really thinking about trying these out but the tours all ready get a nice flight. Anyone love the tours with good height but moved to these and actually found some less dispersion?

I'm glad to see all the positive talk about these shafts. I'm currently waiting for my MP-25's to show up with these shafts. I've also got a set of PXi's laying around the house to try, just in case the CTL's don't work for me. I played the regular C-Tapers in my AP2's.

I've been taking 'winter' lessons and don't have irons right now. The set my instructor lets me use has CTLs in them, and i really enjoy the feel on shots from these. I would strongly consider these when i buy my new irons in January.

I get the same way you did Girard. They are solid across the board.

Back