KBS Hi-Rev shafts

Br1an_g

Reaction score
Handicap
CONGU 11.7
ok, so been investigating some new wedges and also what shaft options are available.
heard and read lots about the DG spinner shafts but unfortunately they are not available in europe due to insert and climate!!
the nearest equivalent high (er) spinning shaft available i can find is the KBS hi-rev. does anyone have any experience of this shaft and whether i should get this in my wedges or just stick with my fitted KBS tour same as my irons?

all input (or other options) appreciated.

thanks

Moved over to custom section.

Tough to say what you should do, but I have the Hi Revs in my XFT wedge and I used a full set of wedges with them installed during the THP outing. I love them dearly. I'm not a high spin player, but I have no trouble stopping the ball with them.

Moved over to custom section.
thanks JB

Tough to say what you should do, but I have the Hi Revs in my XFT wedge and I used a full set of wedges with them installed during the THP outing. I love them dearly. I'm not a high spin player, but I have no trouble stopping the ball with them.
good stuff Hawk, how do they feel in comparison to your other wedges?

I don't notice anything different in terms of feel. Sorry, that probably isn't super helpful, but have to be honest.

I have 2 xft wedges with this shaft installed. I'm not a high spin player, but these shafts seem to work for me.

I recently had one installed in my converted sand wedge, was a 53* i had bent to 55* to close a gap without having to purchase another wedge. I do not see a dramatic increase in spin, yet I do get a little better check so obviously the spin is better, feel is MUCH better over the old shaft. I have the spinner in my 60* and strictly feel wise it is much better to me so far than the KBS. That being said I've only been playing both these clubs for about 2 weeks so there has not been enough time to give a definite answer which I like more and sense it's two different clubs i'm using that throws another variable into the equation. But all that said, I like what I see so far from the KBS.

thanks for the feedback guys.

still undecided but swaying towards the KBS tours in the wedges to keep it consistent.

Look into some Rifle spinners, did some research myself and I am installing a set in my wedges as we speak.

Bumping an old thread? Yes I am.

Most of the conversation on these was in comparison threads with the DG Spinners and that just wasn't the right place for my thoughts so here we are.

Have three of these coming for my wedges, time to ditch the S200's as I'm just not fond of them on 1/2 and 3/4 swings, hence the move to the spinners. Will throw in some pics when I get them installed in the Tour Trusty's and comments after I get them out. In the meantime I know a lot of guys have hit them and really like them, anyone still gaming them?

I play high revs in my 55 and 60 degree wedges and love them. I played dynamic gold tour customs in my 588's last year and felt like the KBS's helped impart just a little more spin on the half shots I hit most of the time with my two high lofted wedges. The Hi-Revs seem to flight the ball down a touch as well, which I like a lot as I can hit the low skipper that checks quick into a back pin. I also felt like the KBS's were a little less harsh (for lack of a better term) feeling, but that could also probably be contributed between the difference in wedge heads.

Hope you like them in the tour trusty's!

I have the hi revs on my 50 54 and 58 degree wedges. I dont spin it a ton to begin with but I like the way they load and feel

Yeah, I like the flattened flight that wedge shafts like these impart as well, it especially works well for things I'm starting to want to do into greens. The partial shots are driving this for me, when I full swing them all the time I didn't mind the S200's, but now, I just want a change. Should be fun to try if nothing else.

Yeah, I like the flattened flight that wedge shafts like these impart as well, it especially works well for things I'm starting to want to do into greens. The partial shots are driving this for me, when I full swing them all the time I didn't mind the S200's, but now, I just want a change. Should be fun to try if nothing else.

I think you just need something to do becasue the weather sucks haha

I wish I could tell a difference. I have no clue how much the wedge shafts are helping or hurting to be honest. But they feel pretty good through the swing...

KBS Hi-Rev shafts

I wish I could tell a difference. I have no clue how much the wedge shafts are helping or hurting to be honest. But they feel pretty good through the swing...
I'm with Blu. I have Hi-Rev shafts on my 55° and 60° wedges....that I've yet to hit outside. The added weight feels really good to me when swinging them in the simulator, so much so that I'm starting to consider heavier iron shafts for my irons. Hopefully once I get outside I'll be able to answer this question more thoroughly.

They are fine, but like a couple others I never really noticed a difference.

I'm with Blu. I have Hi-Rev shafts on my 55° and 60° wedges....that I've yet to hit outside. The added weight feels really good to me when swinging them in the simulator, so much so that I'm starting to consider heavier iron shafts for my irons. Hopefully once I get outside I'll be able to answer this question more thoroughly.

Heavier shafts in your wedges usually work very well. This does not necessarily translate into heavier shafts in your long irons.

Re shaft a 4 or 5 iron before committing the set.

I generally used to stop at the PW when players loved the heavy shaft in their wedges.

I had them previously on some TM xFTs and really enjoyed them, probably better than the spinners and other stock shafts I've used, I'd probably go back to them on my next wedges!

I have them in my MD2s and I absolutely love them.

Heavier shafts in your wedges usually work very well. This does not necessarily translate into heavier shafts in your long irons.

Re shaft a 4 or 5 iron before committing the set.

I generally used to stop at the PW when players loved the heavy shaft in their wedges.
My next iron shafts will be after a full fitting, so no worries there.

Interesting enough though, the shaft optimizer I swung last weekend suggested 130 gram X flex iron shafts--which is the complete opposite of what I'm currently playing (not fitted). Blew my mind, but adds a bit if credibility to me enjoying the heavier shafts. I'll let the fitting numbers dictate though.

I have them in 50,54,58 x-Forged wedges. I will be putting them in my 54 and 58 MD2 soon though.

For me they are perfect. Great weight, I get a lot of spin out of them on any shot type, and they are quite responsive on 1/2 and 3/4 shots. Very goods shafts in my opinion.

I'm not so much worried about the spin, what I am seeking is the feel difference and flattened trajectory compared to the S200's, I think these will accomplish that. Considered going CTL into the wedges as well but that would be a bit counterproductive right now for my crazy arse mindset.

My understanding about the KBS Hi-Rev shafts, they are the Tour shaft in a stiffer flex and soft-stepped once (as goes the step pattern). So if you play the Tour's in a Regular flex, the Hi-Rev would be the Tour Stiff 8-iron shaft (labeled as Hi-Rev R). This would progress as the stiffness's increase. This would make sense about bringing the flight down also.

Back