** KBS Shafts Official Thread **

I actually ordered from this seller.....fast shipping and even let me order 3-PW.....and when I ordered I wanted 4-PW+PW....and they did it no problem.

** KBS Shafts Official Thread **

I have always been a rifle shaft player...have flighted 6.5s in my old Lehman 300s. It was time for some new irons, so I went to our local Nevada Bob's. Ended up with the 120g KBS Tours, stiff flex and hard stepped once in a set of Tour Preferred MCs. This combo just flat out performed for me...I averaged 195 with my 7 iron, and was hitting little baby draws, a game I have never been familiar with.

Can't wait to get these back and on the course!!! The shaft to me felt super smooth, easy to load. Swing speed with the 7 was 91mph and I didn't feel like the shafts were overpowered at all. Great product from KBS!!

Last edited:
I have some KBS Tours on my iron sets and I really feel like I hit them a lot higher then I used to with my dg shafts. Do kbs shaft tend to be higher launching and/or higher spinning.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I have some KBS Tours on my iron sets and I really feel like I hit them a lot higher then I used to with my dg shafts. Do kbs shaft tend to be higher launching and/or higher spinning.

In a word.....yes......for me. However, I do not get ballooning, just higher launch than DGR300.

Okay that's what I was checking. I don't necessarily balloon but I hit them way higher than I want for a trajectory and am losing yardage because of it.

It's kind of like that sldr commercial they did with dicks.

Mine launched higher, carried a touch farther and landed softer. I hit the Tour 90's. FYI, they DO NOT like to be overpowered. Try a more even tempo'd swing and see what happens. I could still hit it low if I needed to with these. They just love a nice tempo is all.

JM

Sounds like I'm going to have to get away from cbs then bc I have a big aggressive swing.

You guys realize KBS makes more than one shaft, correct?

Toughestsoldier... why not try the C Taper shafts? Will bring that launch down a bit.

Also, with a proclaimed "aggressive" swing, why not try working on the tempo a bit and get it a bit more controlled to see how they work?

Beags is correct, tons of options.

And if you are aggressive, the CT's tend to play into that.

These are high up on my ponder list. I want to try the tours, tour-v's, and c-tapers in the 714 AP2 head. I'm using S300's in my 712 AP2's now and went to them to help get my swing under control, but I think I can still be consistent with something a little lighter. I don't have a problem getting the ball in the air with the S300, but I don't know if I'm at optimum height for me/my skill level. I'm curious to see what if I'd gain distance with the Tours.

I'm open to trying different shafts. It's rare to find those other shafts already installed. Its cheaper for me to trade the whole set than just to replace the shafts. I like my swing I believe in my swing it's consistent but the shaft just don't fit me.

I'm open to trying different shafts. It's rare to find those other shafts already installed. Its cheaper for me to trade the whole set than just to replace the shafts. I like my swing I believe in my swing it's consistent but the shaft just don't fit me.

So you have tried the C Tapers?

I Havent found a set with them on them.

Let me put it this way I'm interested in trading my Bridgestone's for something that has them but otherwise I'm probably going to have to go back to my S 300 or X 1000

Prb out of my budget.

Dang, Mr. Negative there. Try them out on a club like the CMB's to see if you like the shafts. If so, then there are plenty of pulled sets on ebay for around $200 (a few for under $200 as well).

Then youtube how to replace the shafts yourself if you don't want to spend the $15-20 per shaft to have a "pro" do it.

Well, the new Hopkins wedges are ordered, I ordered with the KBS Hi-Rev, should match up nicely with the KBS Tours. Interested to see if I actually gain spin.

I don't plan on using them much for full shots so who knows what I'll see.

looks like I'm gonna go with some Tour V shafts in my Apex irons. Coming from S300 shafts I'm expecting a little higher trajectory but nothing absurd. Really looking forward to dropping 20 grams per shaft as well, should be easier on my body.

Had my first round with the c-tapers in R+ today. So much better into the wind than what I had (complete other end of the spectrum given i had nippon pros before) Harsher on mishits (sounded hollow if that makes sense) but not too bad. The only gripe is that while the finish looks great, they mark so easily and then don't look so good. Other than that, really pleased I have changed.

My apex and MD2's have kbs tour v stiff and I could not be happier. Good boring ball flight and great control

Back