Hey Kentucky? You want to play some golf this year?

@xThor @KY Golfer I have played almost zero golf in the State. Let's go?

I think we're planning on putting another bourbon gathering together. I know you're a rum guy but we might still allow you. 😏

I think we're planning on putting another bourbon gathering together. I know you're a rum guy but we might still allow you. 😏

I'm an equal opportunist.
Have plenty of bourbon in the cabinet!

Would be glad to get a round in with you Qwkz!

My mother and brother live in Georgetown. Hell, my mother's side of the family live in Georgetown (Sadieville). My brother plays every week with the Legion folks. I'll have to ask where he plays. Would love to play when I am in town visiting.

I played last weekend and it was wonderful- like being on a private course. this weekend we have a trace of snow in Northern KY and 9 inches in Lexington. oh, well. Going to Florida next week so silver lining is near.

I've not played Lassing Pointe or Pine mountain I think @LLIB did, or was going to, other than those 2 and Calvert City, I've played the rest of the top 10 and can confirm they are excellent. It's just depending on how much you want to drive.

Last edited:
So I live across the street from Lassing Pointe and never played it in 2020 or 2021. The front nine is not pleasant to walk and my crew is in Lexington. From 2015 to 2019, I played it once or twice a year and course conditions were poor on certain holes. Mold issues in one of the more interesting par 4's you will find closed the hole for at least a season this last visit greens were not in good shape. if you like to ride and could hit the course at the right time, it might be best public course in the state

Greetings all - I currently live in Virginia, but if everything goes as planned I will be moving to Lexington, KY in two weeks. I grew up around there & graduated from Paris HS, but have been away for about 30 years.​
A cool thing is as a veteran green fees at Lexington city courses are only $12 & just $26 with cart. That is amazing compared to the golf prices in the DC area.​
I just looked GolfWeek's list of top KY courses "You can play". I know two of these are in the Lexington, area....Kearney Hill and Cherry Blossom. Any feedback on any other courses in the Lexington area?​
  • 1. Lassing Pointe, Union (m)
  • 2. Heritage Hill, Shepherdsville (m)
  • 3. Cherry Blossom GC, Georgetown (m)
  • 4. Kearney Hill Golf Links, Lexington (m)
  • 5. Wasioto Winds GC, Pineville (m)

Also, I would be cool to play with some KY THPers.

Welcome!

I would not call Shepherdsville or Pineville the Lexington area. Shepherdsville is south of Louisville (1:30 from Lexington) and Pineville is near the KY, TN, VA border in the SE part of the state (at least 2 hours from Lexington). Not sure where Union is but Georgetown is close.

where is a must play?

we’ll try to get on at Persimmon in the fall hopefully.
But definitely think we’ll do a Nevel Meade visit. Heritage Hills and Kearney could be fun too.

lots of options. Especially in what @Qwkz51 posted and with 2022 bourbon bash coming!

But definitely think we’ll do a Nevel Meade visit. Heritage Hills and Kearney could be fun too.

lots of options. Especially in what @Qwkz51 posted and with 2022 bourbon bash coming!

The El Flollo will be flowing!

Louisville, isn't much of a drive. Let me know, I'm in!

Louisville is about 2hrs in the car or 3 hours with time change. I can meet you guys there depending on the day.

Louisville is about 2hrs in the car or 3 hours with time change. I can meet you guys there depending on the day.
That's about what it is for me too.

Hey Kentucky? You want to play some golf this year?

@xThor @KY Golfer I have played almost zero golf in the State. Let's go?
Oh you know I’m down anytime you want to head this way.

I agree with @xThor that Nevel Meade is a must here in Louisville as well as his courses. There are several in the Lexington area as well.

Oh you know I’m down anytime you want to head this way.

I agree with @xThor that Nevel Meade is a must here in Louisville as well as his courses. There are several in the Lexington area as well.

Boone’s Trace FTW 🤣

Back