Kentwool Underwear Review Thread

I have been wearing my kentwool socks all week as it has been cold (for California). Crazy how big of a difference these make vs cotton.

Not sure if this is TMI but I am rocking the undies today too as they were what I grabbed out of my drawer. No complaints for a day at the office.

Day one in the books and very happy with them so far. Fit is very comfortable even with my Kardashian like rear end.

Day one in the books and very happy with them so far. Fit is very comfortable even with my Kardashian like rear end.

Now this made me laugh.
#BillboardMaterial

Great, I just had to try to explain to my wife why I was laughing about you and your wool underwear. I will admit, it's not exactly one of my top ten visuals. ?

Questions for the group:
How are the underwear holding up to the cleaning cycles? Seams all still tight?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

This just showed up, I'll have more tonight!

6e59229814072bcefb4ba4bd27e18f66.jpg

Nice OITW
I will be wearing mine in my #THPCallOut match against war eagle tomorrow and will have some more thoughts then.

I'm contemplating another pair or 2 for PGA Show.

I'm contemplating another pair or 2 for PGA Show.

Already did that.
2 more pairs I ordered a while back just for the PGA Show.

Already did that.
2 more pairs I ordered a while back just for the PGA Show.

lot's of moving around, need to be comfortable

I'll have these back in play on the course this weekend and will update between playing, post round brews, and the rest of the day.

So far as I can tell, they are superior in stretch and lack of riding up vs any other pair of underwear I own -- Which is for the most part adidas stretch fit.

Total skim here: anyone compare these to Lulu Lemon boxer briefs?

Total skim here: anyone compare these to Lulu Lemon boxer briefs?

No. But based on specs alone here is what I would say.
Length, Lulu Lemon always appeared either too long or too short to me.
Materials, those are going to be technical only, which I believe is a poly/lycra blend.

I would compare those heavily to many of the other technical brands out there, but I do think that as it pertains to undergarments, natural fibers are going to offer a bit more in terms of taking away moisture, rather than merely repelling moisture.

How do these do with washing? One of the things i hate, is when the legs shrink up...

How do these do with washing? One of the things i hate, is when the legs shrink up...

I have not had that issue as of yet, after about 15 washes. I wash on delicate and dry on delicate, like all of my golf apparel.

15 washes seems like a pretty good sample... I'm going to have to have a talk with Mrs G... she ran a pair of my Kentwool socks through the washer/dryer without following the instructions and i noticed they looked quite a bit fuzzier than when they went in... Need to make sure the same thing doesn't happen with my Kentwool Swag in February!

No. But based on specs alone here is what I would say.
Length, Lulu Lemon always appeared either too long or too short to me.
Materials, those are going to be technical only, which I believe is a poly/lycra blend.

I would compare those heavily to many of the other technical brands out there, but I do think that as it pertains to undergarments, natural fibers are going to offer a bit more in terms of taking away moisture, rather than merely repelling moisture.

My wife had bought me some of the Lulu stuff years ago and I wasn't very impressed by them. She bought me a few pairs earlier this year and they had changed the material a little bit from what it was. They fit better also. I still prefer boxers, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the Kentwool will work as everything seems to be pretty positive from what I have read.

I ordered one pair of the boxer briefs in black.

They include a cool little key chain:

bace96be98c7eb8f3d8ffa7228c4e805.jpg

Initial thoughts:

Good quality packaging, solid box

I like the length of them I have some boxer briefs that are too short and I like a bit of length in them.

I like the basic one color to them, nothing to crazy

The elastic band for the waist has good flex and and returns to normal pretty well overall you can tell this is a very well made garment

The stitching on the body gives it a heathered look

Has to do with the fly might be TMI
Spoiler
The fly is a horizontal cut which is different than the vertical which most of my pairs have so this will be a different experience

Very excited to try these as a couple of my current pairs are lacking in the moisture management category

More thoughts to come

I ordered one pair of the boxer briefs in black.

They include a cool little key chain:

bace96be98c7eb8f3d8ffa7228c4e805.jpg

Initial thoughts:

Good quality packaging, solid box

I like the length of them I have some boxer briefs that are too short and I like a bit of length in them.

I like the basic one color to them, nothing to crazy

The elastic band for the waist has good flex and and returns to normal pretty well overall you can tell this is a very well made garment

The stitching on the body gives it a heathered look

Has to do with the fly might be TMI
Spoiler
The fly is a horizontal cut which is different than the vertical which most of my pairs have so this will be a different experience

Very excited to try these as a couple of my current pairs are lacking in the moisture management category

More thoughts to come
The "spoiler" issue does somewhat concern me. This sounds too weird even typing this... Looking forward to hearing if you can put our minds at ease regarding the directional issue.

I made a joke about it being 2016 and important to have a place for our cell phones at all times.. Wife laughed, which is good enough for me.

Other than that, I've had no issues with that design.

Kentwool Underwear Review Thread

Wore a pair the other day.

The fit is great, compares very well to my normal ones, this is a good thing i went through a few different brands and styles before settling on the ones I wear now because the fit wasn't good for me.

No issue with the fly, different but no issue getting used to it.

The moisture management piece is huge though, felt great the entire day.

These are a great pair of bbs. I think the big test is how long does it last and durability of the garment as well.

More to come

For those gaming these already, how have they held up after multiple washes?

For those gaming these already, how have they held up after multiple washes?
My pairs have held up extremely well and have gone through quite a few washes. These have become my favorite for golfing and working out, so they get washed pretty frequently. I also air dry them, so I would be curious to hear how they are holding up for someone that is putting them in the dryer.

Washed my pair once and air dried as well. They're like brand new

another pair arrived today. These will get a good workout for 2 days on the floor at the PGA Show.

another pair arrived today. These will get a good workout for 2 days on the floor at the PGA Show.
The pocket will be useful at the show. Swaaaaaaaag!

Seriously though, I need another repair or two, I really really enjoy these.

Back