I have only had the Kindle for a day but it is super easy to use. And that says a lot coming from me because I am technologically challenged. I definitely want to get a case for it because I trhink it will make it easier to read plus protect the screen from dust and scratches. I just can't decide if I should spend the $60 for the one with the built in light or go for a cheaper, but still nice, case and then get the clip on light separately.

I have only had the Kindle for a day but it is super easy to use. And that says a lot coming from me because I am technologically challenged. I definitely want to get a case for it because I trhink it will make it easier to read plus protect the screen from dust and scratches. I just can't decide if I should spend the $60 for the one with the built in light or go for a cheaper, but still nice, case and then get the clip on light separately.

you may be the only woman i know that wonder ponder an expensive version vs. the cheaper one, haha. i'd get the one with the built in light. convenience is worth a little extra money.

you may be the only woman i know that wonder ponder an expensive version vs. the cheaper one, haha. i'd get the one with the built in light. convenience is worth a little extra money.

I am always looking for a better deal. Plus I am not a risk taker so I have to weigh out all my options a million times before I make a decision. It's a curse and I hate it but it's a part of me and I can't seem to fight it.

About the same RW. I researched both for a long time before deciding on the Kindle. It really came down to one simple thing for me. Amazon is doing well financially and Barnes & Noble is not.

Thanks for the info JB I appreciate it.

Well you guys are making me really want to take a plunge into these fancy schmancy future books of yours. If you could read comics on Kindle, I'd be all about it.

anyone use a Nook instead of a Kindle?

I have the Kindle app on my Droid and it's great. Just one more thing I don't have to remember to bring with me.(book) Plus, most of the classic novels are free. Whats not to like.

I am in love with my new kindle. I just need to get some more books on there. I love that I can preview a few chapters first to see if I like it before I purchase the book.

I have the Kindle app on my Droid and it's great. Just one more thing I don't have to remember to bring with me.(book) Plus, most of the classic novels are free. Whats not to like.

Pretty sure I'm picking one of these up for Liz's stocking. I don't know how many books she reads a week, but it's cutting into my retirement, lol. I can make a book last for months on end while she will read a big sucker in an evening.

Pretty sure I'm picking one of these up for Liz's stocking. I don't know how many books she reads a week, but it's cutting into my retirement, lol. I can make a book last for months on end while she will read a big sucker in an evening.

The BF is getting me one for my stocking...shhh I'm not supposed to know :D

I have only had mine a short period of time but I am really starting to love it. I really like that you can preview a book before you purchase it and the fact that you have a dictionary to refer too anytime...

I have only had mine a short period of time but I am really starting to love it. I really like that you can preview a book before you purchase it and the fact that you have a dictionary to refer too anytime...

I think both are just awesome :)

Those are two of my favorite features of the Kindle.

The BF is getting me one for my stocking...shhh I'm not supposed to know :D

Haha, I hate to tell you, but he's on here now too, lol. Congrats.

What's the best holder with the light to get?

Thanks

I have this one and I bought the light that slides into it and I LOVE it. I tried the one with the built in light but I found it too heavy and I didn't like that I could move the light around. Instead I was stuck with it in the corner.

I actually bought this at Best Buy but for some reason it's not on their website, or at least I didn't see it on there.

YAY!! I just ordered mine. The BF said to go ahead and order it :) ETA is next week :joy: I ended up getting the graphite one with the 3G + WiFi. I cannot wait!!!

My Mom just got a Kindle. So, in essence.... I just got a Kindle.

Initial thoughts-

Connecting to a secure wireless network is a pain in the arse. A big pain in the arse. I had to reconfigure my encryption protocol and reconfig the connected computers. But I can live with that.

The interface is super clean.

I like the screen. Literally looks like paper.

My Mom just got a Kindle. So, in essence.... I just got a Kindle.

Initial thoughts-

Connecting to a secure wireless network is a pain in the arse. A big pain in the arse. I had to reconfigure my encryption protocol and reconfig the connected computers. But I can live with that.

The interface is super clean.

I like the screen. Literally looks like paper.

Can't you just set up MAC address filtering and add the MAC address of the Kindle to the router? I have never used a Kindle so I don't know how you would enter the network password, but other than that, the MAC filter would be all I would need to change.

Heather has a Nook Wifi, and connecting to my secure router was simple enough. :confused2:

Can't you just set up MAC address filtering and add the MAC address of the Kindle to the router? I have never used a Kindle so I don't know how you would enter the network password, but other than that, the MAC filter would be all I would need to change.

Really... Hmm. I couldnt find a way to do so. I ended up changing from WPA2 (or something like that) to WEP, entering new passcodes, and setting it up that way.

Really... Hmm. I couldnt find a way to do so. I ended up changing from WPA2 (or something like that) to WEP, entering new passcodes, and setting it up that way.

And then you changed it back to WPA2? You never want to keep your encryption as WEP if you have something stronger. WEP is better than nothing, but nowhere near as good as what you had before.

MAC address filtering is great because it's another line of defense in case someone cracks your password. The only computers that can get on my network are any that are hard wired, or my or my wife's laptop. If we have guests who need access on their laptop they give me their MAC address and I enter it into the router (and give them the password).

And then you changed it back to WPA2? You never want to keep your encryption as WEP if you have something stronger. WEP is better than nothing, but nowhere near as good as what you had before.

MAC address filtering is great because it's another line of defense in case someone cracks your password. The only computers that can get on my network are any that are hard wired, or my or my wife's laptop. If we have guests who need access on their laptop they give me their MAC address and I enter it into the router (and give them the password).

I left it in WEP. Security is no huge issue around here; my neibors are literally a mile away.

Back