Review Kinetixx Velocity Shafts

Took the Velocity out for its maiden voyage today. For context: I'm a 14 hcp with a swing speed around 88 mph, and according to Garmin my average driver distance is 231. According to GHIN stats I'm averaging 47% fairways hit over 100 rounds so far this year, so not exactly a 'straight down the middle' kinda guy.

We went straight to the first tee when I got to the course this morning, didn't even have an opportunity to stretch, so my warmup swing on the tee box was my first swing with the new shaft. My drive was the second. 210 yards, but right down the middle. The rest of the day was my typical grab bag of driver shots - some good, some not so good - can't blame that on the club or shaft, it's just my swing.

Feel-wise, it feels very stable and confidence inspiring. I probably don't swing fast enough to really feel it load and unload properly, but it doesn't feel either boardy or whippy - just smooth, whether I laid back or really got after it. I want to get some range time with it, where I can really concentrate on the feel rather than worrying about where my ball is going - hopefully one day next week either before or after one of my rounds.

First impression - I really like the feel of it and I think we're going to get along fine.

Took the Velocity out for its maiden voyage today. For context: I'm a 14 hcp with a swing speed around 88 mph, and according to Garmin my average driver distance is 231. According to GHIN stats I'm averaging 47% fairways hit over 100 rounds so far this year, so not exactly a 'straight down the middle' kinda guy.

We went straight to the first tee when I got to the course this morning, didn't even have an opportunity to stretch, so my warmup swing on the tee box was my first swing with the new shaft. My drive was the second. 210 yards, but right down the middle. The rest of the day was my typical grab bag of driver shots - some good, some not so good - can't blame that on the club or shaft, it's just my swing.

Feel-wise, it feels very stable and confidence inspiring. I probably don't swing fast enough to really feel it load and unload properly, but it doesn't feel either boardy or whippy - just smooth, whether I laid back or really got after it. I want to get some range time with it, where I can really concentrate on the feel rather than worrying about where my ball is going - hopefully one day next week either before or after one of my rounds.

First impression - I really like the feel of it and I think we're going to get along fine.

what is your current gamer shaft, and how does this compare?

what is your current gamer shaft, and how does this compare?
I've been gaming the Project X Evenflow Riptide 5.5 in R flex for the past year and a half. First impression is that the Velocity feels a bit smoother and a little more active - I only had a couple really good square strikes today, but I feel a bit more kick in the Velocity on a good strike.

any other testers put some swings on this bad boy yet?

Can’t wait for you two guys thoughts on it when it gets in hand. It’s truly unique, I cannot say that enough, I’ve been shouting that for months now and it stands true!

Well it is still raining here And the course had to close as the washes are flooded. We have had a full years worth of rain in the last 3 weeks. It is insane. Maybe try to hit a range this aft if it dries up at all.

I was able to get out late this aft the rain finally stopped. There is a small course about a mile for me that was open. I only had time to play a quick 9 and I asked if I could tee off on 10. The back 9 has 4 holes you can use your driver on. I hit 2 drives on each hole and had zero warmup. The first driver hole I let it get a bit right but the 2nd was hammered down the middle.

The 2nd driver hole I piped 2 right down the middle. Third hole I really tried to swing as hard as I could I pulled them just left but both were playable. The last hole is about 310 and the first drive was left side just in the rough. The 2nd drive was right down the middle and I was about 60 yards out.

For the first time out the the Velocity shaft I am liking it a lot. The shaft is very stable and feels really good. I would say it feels a bit softer than my Tensie white when you waggle them but when you swing and connect it is a hammer. My alignment could have been part of the left issue this aft but that shaft kept me in play. I am looking forward to getting more time in with the velocity.

I tried to get some better pics in the sun. The color is really quite nice and looks fantastic outside. This is a pic of the last drive!
66431E32-0C95-4B02-BC03-F4EE715F57E3.jpeg

I was able to get out late this aft the rain finally stopped. There is a small course about a mile for me that was open. I only had time to play a quick 9 and I asked if I could tee off on 10. The back 9 has 4 holes you can use your driver on. I hit 2 drives on each hole and had zero warmup. The first driver hole I let it get a bit right but the 2nd was hammered down the middle.

The 2nd driver hole I piped 2 right down the middle. Third hole I really tried to swing as hard as I could I pulled them just left but both were playable. The last hole is about 310 and the first drive was left side just in the rough. The 2nd drive was right down the middle and I was about 60 yards out.

For the first time out the the Velocity shaft I am liking it a lot. The shaft is very stable and feels really good. I would say it feels a bit softer than my Tensie white when you waggle them but when you swing and connect it is a hammer. My alignment could have been part of the left issue this aft but that shaft kept me in play. I am looking forward to getting more time in with the velocity.

I tried to get some better pics in the sun. The color is really quite nice and looks fantastic outside. This is a pic of the last drive!
View attachment 9018804

great stuff! how would you say this shaft performs when you stop on it vs the tensei?

View attachment 9018804

Way to go, @Doubleb21 !! That sounds great for first swings with the Velocity! Hoping mine arrives tomorrow.

great stuff! how would you say this shaft performs when you stop on it vs the tensei?

I will answer this on Tuesday evening as I am heading out for a lesson on course. Lots of driving holes where you can really swing hard! Yesterday I was trying to swing smooth which I should probably always be doing 😂

UPS says mine will be here Tuesday, 7/27. :clapp:

Same here. Can't wait. Hoping UPS beats their expected delivery time so I can take it out on the course for league. I pulled a late tee time this week so it'll either get some range time or trial by warmup 9.

I put one in a 3w 👀

mine hasn't come yet. hoping it comes today or tomorrow so i can get some swings in. i think i can play this weekend too!

mine hasn't come yet. hoping it comes today or tomorrow so i can get some swings in. i think i can play this weekend too!

Missed golf last weekend. Only thing that'll keep me from it this weekend is weather. I'll also be getting two rounds in the following weekend down in VB.

I can only imagine how good that is! When will we get the breakdown?
I’m taking it on my Ohio and SC trip this week! So we will see soon, though the mini driver is thriving in the 3w spot right now.

Yeaaaahhhhh babyyyyyyyyy!!!!

AEAD5CF7-DFEB-477C-B41F-639DE860FBEB.jpeg

Second round with the Velocity today. Still too limited of a data set to tell if it was my swing today or the shaft, but I had no misses left. I hit 7/12 fairways, and aside from one short miss (first swing, going off cold on the first tee), all the other misses were right. Interesting, when my most frequent miss with the Riptide was left - but again, hard to tell if it was just my swing today. I really like the feel of the Velocity - even with my relatively slow swing speed, when I get a good one I can feel the tip kick.

It also seems to launch a bit higher than the Riptide, which is a good thing for me. I have a negative AoA with the driver and tend to hit a lot of low shots, the Velocity has brought it up some.

It's here! Indoor pictures don't do it justice. I'll try to get some outdoor ones later today while I'm testing. I know it doesn't match my Mavrik, but the blue is really stunning. Just pops. Swingweights out to just north of D5 on my scale with the 10G weight in the Mav, which is close enough for me to start with. Will be getting out in a few hours. Already hooked into the head and ready to go. This should be fun!

5D305DF0-6D1F-408F-A185-229D0BD0689F_1_105_c.jpeg

It's here! Indoor pictures don't do it justice. I'll try to get some outdoor ones later today while I'm testing. I know it doesn't match my Mavrik, but the blue is really stunning. Just pops. Swingweights out to just north of D5 on my scale with the 10G weight in the Mav, which is close enough for me to start with. Will be getting out in a few hours. Already hooked into the head and ready to go. This should be fun!

View attachment 9019032

i have instant regret not going with the blue lol

and d5 swingweight??? that's interesting. what is the swingweight of your gamer shaft?

i have instant regret not going with the blue lol

and d5 swingweight??? that's interesting. what is the swingweight of your gamer shaft?

D4 & change. Gamer's counterbalanced so getting a little more head heavy isn't a surprise. I've been experimenting with close to D5 in driver after reading some articles about heavier swingweights. I like to feel where the head's at in the swing. I'm not gonna tinker too much before league, but if I feel like it needs some tweaking I'll take it to the range and figure it out.

D4 & change. Gamer's counterbalanced so getting a little more head heavy isn't a surprise. I've been experimenting with close to D5 in driver after reading some articles about heavier swingweights. I like to feel where the head's at in the swing. I'm not gonna tinker too much before league, but if I feel like it needs some tweaking I'll take it to the range and figure it out.

if swingweight goes up, it sounds like this kinetixx velocity might have a little more mass in the tip section. that's really exciting for me since i usually struggle with counterbalanced shafts.

if swingweight goes up, it sounds like this kinetixx velocity might have a little more mass in the tip section. that's really exciting for me since i usually struggle with counterbalanced shafts.

I think the swingweight went up because my HZRDUS Yellow is counterbalanced, and the Velocity is not. Now you've got me thinking about it. :LOL: Gonna go down to the basement before league and see where a lighter weight gets me.

Back