Golf Chick, how do you like your clubs? I'm trying to convice my husband to buy me a set :)

I got new Ping G15s yesterday but mine are men's clubs. When I picked them up there was a beautiful set of women's Ping irons sitting next to them. I wasn't even told about those when they were doing my fitting. My golf coach just chose the club he thought was best for me and I hit them well. He had many other name brands in his shop. He did say he was going to try a lot of different brand hybrids for me later but he is sold on those specific irons. I recommend you try out several brands and get fitted when you make the change. I bet they will have something you like at the THP outting!!!

In recent years they has definately been alot of clubs produced specifically for women by the major club manufacturers

Golf Chick, how do you like your clubs? I'm trying to convice my husband to buy me a set :)

I love mine. Its a great starter set and very reasonably prices as well :)

In recent years they has definately been alot of clubs produced specifically for women by the major club manufacturers

About time too :) more women are getting more and more into golf!!

My girlfriend hit balls for the first time yesterday. She was smacking the 8 iron 100 yards!! I was ecstatic since it was her first time. SHe has the the perfect Lady golfer figure, she is very slender and has really long arms and legs. Anyway we got her a set of Northwestern NL35's on the cheap. I didn't want to spend a lot in case she didn't stick with it. I can't find any info at all about them. They appear to be old style cavity backs, (similar to the old titliest accuflow irons) but they have the yardage stamped on them. It literally says on the sole of the club "8 up to 110 yards" Pretty wild, I'd say they were geared for a beginner...

GC, my girl had a set of Callaway GEMS... it was a 8 club set, did not have a full range of clubs. Very light weight and perfect for a beginner. She is starting to out grow them so we recently bought her a new Iron set... Taylormade Lady Burner Plus Irons... she wanted irons that were light. We tried a bunch at the Roger Dunn in OC and these were really nice.

We may need to replace her driver in a few months and maybe upgrade the 7W to a 5W or 4W... but she is starting to hit the ball longer which means control is becoming more of an issue. I think your clubs are going to be fine until you can start seeing that you are hooking or slicing your hits. She would always hit everything very straight (good because she had alot of lessons) but as I teach her to hit the ball harder (meaning faster club head speed) control is more of an issue...

Jenn was having all types of issues with her driver. She was leaving the face way open at impact and pushing the ball about 50 yards to the right. Needless to say she lost all sorts of confidence in that club. Picked up a Dymo2 str8 fit. we played with settings at the range, she is now hitting shots off the tee with a lot more consistency.

I have been a TM Burner driver girl for as long as I have been golfing. I tried everything on the market at the time and no matter what I would go back to my burner driver....until now. I have been testing the Callaway Solaire set and I am loving the driver that comes with it. It's basically the Callaway Diablo Edge and I am hitting this driver better than anything I have tried before. Higher ball flight, longer carry, and significantly added distance.

My fiance' is interested in getting clubs. She doesn't have any clubs right now. I have taken her to play a couple times and she has just played with my clubs. She strikes the ball pretty well but it is obvious that my clubs are a little too long for her. She said she doesn't want to play again until she can get some clubs that fit and she can go to the range with them. What clubs would you suggest for basically a first time female golfer? Is there a difference in brands as far as men's and women's clubs or is it more of a personal feel?

My fiance' is interested in getting clubs. She doesn't have any clubs right now. I have taken her to play a couple times and she has just played with my clubs. She strikes the ball pretty well but it is obvious that my clubs are a little too long for her. She said she doesn't want to play again until she can get some clubs that fit and she can go to the range with them. What clubs would you suggest for basically a first time female golfer? Is there a difference in brands as far as men's and women's clubs or is it more of a personal feel?

Some companies do actually create clubs for women and some just take the men's clubs and make them shorter, paint them pink and call them ladies. The clubs will depend on your price range and if she is a true beginner who doesn't know if she will be sticking with it or not. You can get the Wilson Hope complete set, the ladies Adams Square 2 set, and even the Dicks Sporting good Acuity set all for around $200 and some include a bag. When I first started out I got the acuity set and it was a complete 14 club set with bag for $199. It was the perfect starter until I knew for sure I wanted to stick with it and then I graduated from there.

You can also see if you can find some Nickent 3DX RC irons, those are great clubs and can be found really cheap right now. There are tons of great options. I also LOVE the Callaway Solaire set and the TM Burner SuperLaunch which I will have a review on for everyone next week but those are more expensive.

Some companies do actually create clubs for women and some just take the men's clubs and make them shorter, paint them pink and call them ladies. The clubs will depend on your price range and if she is a true beginner who doesn't know if she will be sticking with it or not. You can get the Wilson Hope complete set, the ladies Adams Square 2 set, and even the Dicks Sporting good Acuity set all for around $200 and some include a bag. When I first started out I got the acuity set and it was a complete 14 club set with bag for $199. It was the perfect starter until I knew for sure I wanted to stick with it and then I graduated from there.

You can also see if you can find some Nickent 3DX RC irons, those are great clubs and can be found really cheap right now. There are tons of great options. I also LOVE the Callaway Solaire set and the TM Burner SuperLaunch which I will have a review on for everyone next week but those are more expensive.

Thanks GolferGal...That's an excellent starting point which is exactly what I needed. HOPEFULLY...I get her to come to a THP outing with me. We will be on our honeymoon during this year's fall outing but after that...we'll see!!

Thanks GolferGal...That's an excellent starting point which is exactly what I needed. HOPEFULLY...I get her to come to a THP outing with me. We will be on our honeymoon during this year's fall outing but after that...we'll see!!

Our goal is to be able to cater to both the male and female golfers so we would love if you both came to the next outing :smile: If you have any other questions on clubs don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy your honeymoon!

Mizuno Sora are a nice set of ladies clubs. Another good option is the Finesse clubs which are made by Adams.

Mizuno Sora are a nice set of ladies clubs. Another good option is the Finesse clubs which are made by Adams.

My wife plays the Mizuno Sora set and likes her clubs. I happened to be on the Mizuno USA website yesterday and could not find any reference to the Ladies Mizuna Sora set. Does anyone know if this set is no longer available from Mizuno? There was no replacement set listed to take the place of the Soras. It looks like it is possible to order the regular Mizuno clubs with women's shafts. It would be too bad if Mizuno has decided to no longer make dedicated women's clubs. The Sora set was designed specifically to match a woman's swing.

-Steven

My wife plays the Mizuno Sora set and likes her clubs. I happened to be on the Mizuno USA website yesterday and could not find any reference to the Ladies Mizuna Sora set. Does anyone know if this set is no longer available from Mizuno? There was no replacement set listed to take the place of the Soras. It looks like it is possible to order the regular Mizuno clubs with women's shafts. It would be too bad if Mizuno has decided to no longer make dedicated women's clubs. The Sora set was designed specifically to match a woman's swing.

-Steven

I found this http://www.mizunousa.com/equipment....57355005DE42B?opendocument&div=golf&cat=irons but that was just from a google search for Mizuno Sora.

I have never played this set but Mizuno makes great clubs so I bet this is another great option. There are plenty of choices out there.

Mizuno has discontinued the ladies line right now. They are retooling it and will have a new ladies set coming up later this year with a retail launch expected in February. There are many great options out there and Golfer Gal has tried most. Some will just give you brand loyalty info, but check with those who have hit multiple sets and see what many are saying works in terms of technology and performance.

You really need to have her just go and try out various sets and see what she likes best. We all have our own preference and only she will know what she likes best.
The good thing is that theres lots of great options out there, so she should be able to find something that she likes.
Im not going to lie, I am biased towards Mizuno and Japanese golf companies in general. (as if the Mizuno avatar wasnt enough of a hint) :confused2:
The Finesse by Adams are really nice though. Adams makes good stuff (and stuff that is super easy for a beginner to play well with) and the price of those Finesse clubs is a great deal for what you get.

jenn plays with an adams iron set that she has had for about 5 years now, she loves them

I've only had my adams irons for about 3 years, but I do love them:D

My 15 yr old daughter has decided golf doesn't "Suck" and has been going out with me to play. Can someone reccomend a decent set of starter clubs that won't break the bank?

My 15 yr old daughter has decided golf doesn't "Suck" and has been going out with me to play. Can someone reccomend a decent set of starter clubs that won't break the bank?
I bought my wife a set of nickent 3dx on eBay for around $100 new. She really likes them.

I finally graduated from my starter Wilson Hope set and am loving my Callaway X22s :clapp:

Back