Lady Precept iQ+ Testing Thread

I played 18 today with an old worn out Precept iQ+ and hit a few shots with Bridgestone E6. The E6 performed well for me off the tee but not nearly as well as the iQ+ with the irons. I love the soft feel and ball flight with the iQ+ much more. My chipping/pitching with the iQ+ ball is so good. I saved par 8 times today from off the green. I went to Walmart last night looking for these balls but they didn't sell them. I'm going to have to make a trip to Macon soon or order some online.

Given that I found this site from a ladies ball review, I'm psyched to see you ladies back at it. From what I've read so far, only a few pages (late to the game as usual), you are doing a bang up job again. My wife plays the prior version in pink and loves it! I'll have to review the entire thread to see if she can benefit from the new ball.

I found a good deal on 3ballsgolf.com for this ball. Free shipping if you buy two dozen so I just ordered a dozen pink and a dozen clear. Yes, I am going to play the hot pink ball but only when Mrs. Graybush is not around. Actually, they didn't have the white one as an option so I just got one each of the ones they had.

Wow its awesome to read that you guys are getting more distance. Nice Job on the reviews...

I found a good deal on 3ballsgolf.com for this ball. Free shipping if you buy two dozen so I just ordered a dozen pink and a dozen clear. Yes, I am going to play the hot pink ball but only when Mrs. Graybush is not around. Actually, they didn't have the white one as an option so I just got one each of the ones they had.

Good to know about the deal. I will have to check it out.

I played 18 today with an old worn out Precept iQ+ and hit a few shots with Bridgestone E6. The E6 performed well for me off the tee but not nearly as well as the iQ+ with the irons. I love the soft feel and ball flight with the iQ+ much more. My chipping/pitching with the iQ+ ball is so good. I saved par 8 times today from off the green. I went to Walmart last night looking for these balls but they didn't sell them. I'm going to have to make a trip to Macon soon or order some online.

Eight par saves is fantastic! Glad to see that the new balls are working out so well for you.

Some great write-ups in here everyone, nice job. Congrats on the hole out KB!

Mary, LOVED your letter!! Hilarious and informative!! You rock!!
Nerfny and Kellybo, I am in awe of your game!! :)

I am going to get out on the course to do some more testing with these balls a soon as I GET MY NEW CLUB IN THE MAIL!!!!!!!!!!! That's right, Mr. golf4life purchased me the Callaway Solaire!!! I love him :) Maybe this will help me be able to comment on distance! We shall see............

I am going to get out on the course to do some more testing with these balls a soon as I GET MY NEW CLUB IN THE MAIL!!!!!!!!!!! That's right, Mr. golf4life purchased me the Callaway Solaire!!! I love him :) Maybe this will help me be able to comment on distance! We shall see............

Woohoo! Looks like you two take good care of each other! I remember reading about that Williams driver you got him. Hope you post videos hitting this ball with your new driver!

that's awesome! Make sure he throws a pink grip on it too!

Yah!!! Way to go Mr. Golf4life :joy: Look forward to hearing your thoughts after you get your new club.

I tried the new iq+ and really prefer the iq PLUS. Actually returned the iq+s

Sorry, didn't get her picture but I will have her do a live review for you. Haha

I shot a 77 today! Woot!!!

Driver:

Didn't get the distance that I did with this ball the first time or two out with it but still got plenty. I don't know if it's because of the time of day, humidity, wind or what but it was about 10 yards shorter all day. Lucky for me, the ball was HOT off the irons.

Fairway Wood:

Again, very nice shots using the fairway woods!

Irons:

This is where the Precept is SURPRISING me most. It's unbelievable how well and how long I am hitting this ball with my irons. Problem is that I am still overshooting some greens because I am hitting such pure shots with it. Today I chose my 6 iron on a 138 yard shot and flew just past the green. I used my 7 iron on a hole from 119 out and flew right over the back there too. I had a 119 downhill par 3 that I hit a 9 iron on and went long too. I thought I knew my distances well but not anymore. Once I get dialed in with my distances again, this ball is going to be awesome.

By the time I got to #15, I realized that I needed to really think harder on club selection. I was 81 yards out with a downhill shot to the pin. The pin was only about 5-10 feet off the front of the green so I wanted to land it softly right in front of the green and let it roll on. I decided to use my gap wedge and just take an easy half swing. Well I finally made the right choice. Here's the result of that shot. I was pretty high with excitement in case you can't tell. Haha!

I was so excited after this eagle that I made bogey on the last three holes. My round could have been even better. In fact, I know it could have been even better because our greens were right in the middle of being aerated and were a mess. I only had two 3 putts though so I was happy with that. Tied for my best round ever with this ball. Hard to beat that.

Golf league night for me which meant I got to get out and play with these lovely balls some more. It was a slow night and I was only playing with one other person so we both played most holes with 2 balls. I was playing the e6 against the lady precept iq+. Tonight was one of those nights I was able to just put each ball in a certain situation and hit them.

Driver: The first couple times I played the e6 against the iq+ I noticed a little difference but tonight I could really feel the difference in the covers of these two balls. I think like Mary and KellyBo had said early that they didn"t go after the iq+ the way they went after the e6 or other balls. Tonight I really tried to go after both balls the same and I could really feel how much softer the iq + was compared to the e6. Only on 1 hole did I out drive the iq+ with the e6. I didn't have my gps on me but I know I put a couple out there 200 yards easy.

Woods: I don't know if there were a couple other factors going on like ball position and my swing felt much smoother tonight but I was crushing the iq+ with my woods. There is a 411 yard dog leg left par 5 that has an elevated green that is 54 feet above the fairway. I drove my ball to the 200 yard marker and hit my 3 wood into the side of the hill which rolled back into the green side bunker only about 20 or 30 feet away but 10 feet below the green. I can't imagine how far I would have hit my 3 wood if I was going straight out and not up hill.

Irons: I was loving this ball off of my irons tonight. I felt like every shot I hit for the most part was nice and high and landed soft with a little roll out. I think park of my soft landings was the fact that we have finally gotten some rain here so the green weren't like rocks.

Putting: I love this ball off of the putter. The e6 felt so hard to me off the putter compared to the iq+. I also love the sound. It isn't muted to the point you can't tell you hit it but it doesn't have the clicky sound you can get with some balls.

I played 18 holes out of town tonight. I had two Precept iQ+ balls in my bag but they were scuffed and worn out big time. I had a few random balls in my bag that I started out with but it didn't take long to dig out the worn out iQ+ balls. It is just so obvious how much better they are for my game. They feel so much softer coming off the clubs and go at least 5-10 yards longer for me. I hope my order comes in soon.

So, I got out and played again with my sparkly new driver!! I played with the precept and the e6. With the exception of my drive off the first tee, I got more distance with the precept! A couple times in excess of 10-15 yards! The precept also gave me consistently more height. Off of the driver it has such a great feel, nice and soft, so you really feel like you are getting it somewhere. The e6 is a good ball, but it deff. felt a little harder. Unfortunately, I lost my pink ball on a crooked shot into a tree! No amount of bright color was helping us locate that ball! However, I did hit a 160 yard drive with my jelly-ball (the clear precept)!!! This was a major event for me!! I also had a 140 yard drive!! Looks like my new club likes the Precept!

Off the irons, this ball is still fantastic! I will be able to test that out more effectively as well, with MY NEW IRONS!!!!! :clap: That's right... Mr.golf4life is at it again!!!! I came home to a lovely set of Cleveland Hibores!!! Man, it's like Christmas over here!!!! I won't be able to play them until we are back from vacation, but I am going to assume they are going to rock my jelly-ball's world!!! :) This ball is beautiful off of my crappy irons, so I think it will only get better. When I hit this ball clean, it gets great loft! As for that sound and feel, well.... I had to hit over water and didn't want to use my precept (just in case) so I grabbed something from the Hither Lands of my bag. When I hit, it was like hitting a croquet ball!! Yuck! I could actually feel the vibration in my club! This precept ball is yummy-soft! I also love that the clear ball is easy to spot. It may not stand out like the pink ball, but when Mr. golf4life and I hit near each other, I could immediately tell which was my (jelly) ball just by the sheen. I like that.

As for chipping and putting... this ball is making it fun again! Great loft, great sound and great look as it rolls across the green! Of course I am referring to my jelly-ball! She is the only one that survived 2 rounds of golf with me!! I think we will be together a long time.... :flowers4u: In fact, while mr G4L is on a roll, I should put in a request for a box!!! :wink:

So, I got out and played again with my sparkly new driver!! I played with the precept and the e6. With the exception of my drive off the first tee, I got more distance with the precept! A couple times in excess of 10-15 yards! The precept also gave me consistently more height. Off of the driver it has such a great feel, nice and soft, so you really feel like you are getting it somewhere. The e6 is a good ball, but it deff. felt a little harder. Unfortunately, I lost my pink ball on a crooked shot into a tree! No amount of bright color was helping us locate that ball! However, I did hit a 160 yard drive with my jelly-ball (the clear precept)!!! This was a major event for me!! I also had a 140 yard drive!! Looks like my new club likes the Precept!

Off the irons, this ball is still fantastic! I will be able to test that out more effectively as well, with MY NEW IRONS!!!!! :clap: That's right... Mr.golf4life is at it again!!!! I came home to a lovely set of Cleveland Hibores!!! Man, it's like Christmas over here!!!! I won't be able to play them until we are back from vacation, but I am going to assume they are going to rock my jelly-ball's world!!! :) This ball is beautiful off of my crappy irons, so I think it will only get better. When I hit this ball clean, it gets great loft! As for that sound and feel, well.... I had to hit over water and didn't want to use my precept (just in case) so I grabbed something from the Hither Lands of my bag. When I hit, it was like hitting a croquet ball!! Yuck! I could actually feel the vibration in my club! This precept ball is yummy-soft! I also love that the clear ball is easy to spot. It may not stand out like the pink ball, but when Mr. golf4life and I hit near each other, I could immediately tell which was my (jelly) ball just by the sheen. I like that.

As for chipping and putting... this ball is making it fun again! Great loft, great sound and great look as it rolls across the green! Of course I am referring to my jelly-ball! She is the only one that survived 2 rounds of golf with me!! I think we will be together a long time.... :flowers4u: In fact, while mr G4L is on a roll, I should put in a request for a box!!! :wink:

Great review and CONGRATS on the new driver AND irons!!!

Look what the FedEx man just delivered to my house! One dozen pink and clear Precept Lady iQ Plus balls!

DSCF9794.jpg
DSCF9796.jpg

I didn't really pay attention to the numbers on the test balls but the first thing I noticed today is that the numbers are double digits on each ball. They are 00, 11, 22, and 33. I was really happy to see the 33 as it was my son's number throughout high school and it will now be my number when I play in tournaments. Maybe his good luck number will turn into mine!

I promise you that I NEVER expected that I would play these balls when they were sent to me to test. My mind was closed to playing lady balls after having played some before and getting way too high ball flight and loss of distance. I am so glad I was given the opportunity to test these. Thank you THP and Bridgestone for opening my eyes.

Last edited:
I only was able to play with them once and it was at dusk. I took them out in the yard because it is a nice sunny day and I didn't notice any reflection that was distracting.

Thanks for the reply, it wasn't something that happened all the time but once and a while when the sun hit the Callaway Pearls right, they were very bright, almost glowing. Still my favorite balls, it wasn't enough to stop me from playing them :)

Wow Mr G4L stepping up his game!!! Congrats on the new irons and good sounding round!!

Look what the FedEx man just delivered to my house! One dozen pink and clear Precept Lady iQ Plus balls!

DSCF9794.jpg
DSCF9796.jpg

I didn't really pay attention to the numbers on the test balls but the first thing I noticed today is that the numbers are double digits on each ball. They are 00, 11, 22, and 33. I was really happy to see the 33 as it was my son's number throughout high school and it will now be my number when I play in tournaments. Maybe his good luck number will turn into mine!

I promise you that I NEVER expected that I would play these balls when they were sent to me to test. My mind was closed to playing lady balls after having played some before and getting way too high ball flight and loss of distance. I am so glad I was given the opportunity to test these. Thank you THP and Bridgestone for opening my eyes.

Well darn. Looks like I bought 2 dozen of last year's ball. I looked at this thread http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Unveils-New-Precept-Lady-iQ&highlight=precept and the box is different.

Golf league night for me which meant I got to get out and play with these lovely balls some more. It was a slow night and I was only playing with one other person so we both played most holes with 2 balls. I was playing the e6 against the lady precept iq+. Tonight was one of those nights I was able to just put each ball in a certain situation and hit them.

Driver: The first couple times I played the e6 against the iq+ I noticed a little difference but tonight I could really feel the difference in the covers of these two balls. I think like Mary and KellyBo had said early that they didn"t go after the iq+ the way they went after the e6 or other balls. Tonight I really tried to go after both balls the same and I could really feel how much softer the iq + was compared to the e6. Only on 1 hole did I out drive the iq+ with the e6. I didn't have my gps on me but I know I put a couple out there 200 yards easy.

Woods: I don't know if there were a couple other factors going on like ball position and my swing felt much smoother tonight but I was crushing the iq+ with my woods. There is a 411 yard dog leg left par 5 that has an elevated green that is 54 feet above the fairway. I drove my ball to the 200 yard marker and hit my 3 wood into the side of the hill which rolled back into the green side bunker only about 20 or 30 feet away but 10 feet below the green. I can't imagine how far I would have hit my 3 wood if I was going straight out and not up hill.

Irons: I was loving this ball off of my irons tonight. I felt like every shot I hit for the most part was nice and high and landed soft with a little roll out. I think park of my soft landings was the fact that we have finally gotten some rain here so the green weren't like rocks.

Putting: I love this ball off of the putter. The e6 felt so hard to me off the putter compared to the iq+. I also love the sound. It isn't muted to the point you can't tell you hit it but it doesn't have the clicky sound you can get with some balls.

Hi, nerfny, just a quick question about your comparison with the e6's. How do they compare with your short game (chipping and pitching)? Do you find that they roll out about the same distance or do the iq's check up more? Thanks and it's been great reading about all the testing. I love the clear ones and I think this might be the next ball I try out. I'm man enough to play a "ladies" ball, especially if it can help me score better!

Hi, nerfny, just a quick question about your comparison with the e6's. How do they compare with your short game (chipping and pitching)? Do you find that they roll out about the same distance or do the iq's check up more? Thanks and it's been great reading about all the testing. I love the clear ones and I think this might be the next ball I try out. I'm man enough to play a "ladies" ball, especially if it can help me score better!

For me they check up more then the e6's. I have a hard time getting spin on a ball and have been able to get some spin on the precepts. KellyBo and MaryC are you noticing the precepts checking up more?

Back