Lets talk about....The Cart Girl

"I bet they think strippers like them too".. paraphrased of course

Well one would think that you have to assume your girl is getting hit on on the daily anyways....just sayin guys are guys
Oh I know. If my wife would of ever done this I know it would happen, but I wouldnt be happy about it. She did actually work at a restaurant in Dallas called Burger Girl or something (it didnt last long), and i knew she got hit on, but needed the extra money while she was going to school. Its just annoying and wouldnt want to do that to another guy.

be respectful.

1607097310374.png

here is your cart girl. As a dad with all daughters please be nice and de respectful.

This is a topic I’m excited to broach.

*Disclaimer*
Let me say a disclaimer that in no way shape or form am I trying to offend anyone

The cart girl position is a full blown sales person job. The only courses that have cart girls in my area are the really nice courses. With the amount of volume the course gets and the expectation of spending a lot when you pay a 60+ green fee these girls can make just like @greg19 said. $500+ per day..... they can’t work 5 days a week like a full time job but if they can that’s $2500 a week. SHEESH. Sign me up. Except my ugly mug would be lucky to earn $20 bucks in tips. Which brings me to my next point.

I don’t know where the courses find these girls but good lord. It’s almost like some of the courses just pool out of modeling agencies. It’s like when someone goes to Hollywood and it’s like EVERYONE looks like this!?! Like the great Derek Zoolander says, "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?"

With these girls yes. I work in sales and I can tell you these women are trained sales professionals. They see a customer make a judgement on what’s the best sales tactic to use and just hammer it home.

I’ve had an interaction with probably 5 different girls this year. I’d say 4 out of the 5 were extremely flirty, flaunting their “assets”, and just trying to up sell everything. I can’t drink heavy on the course or I’ll play horrible. So I try to stay chill while drinking. If I say I want 3 Miller lights, don’t beg me to up to a 6 pack. One girl was trying to get us to take shots so bad. After saying we might take her up on it later. The second time around she already has the shots poured....and then the guilt trip starts. I thought it was clever and didn’t care enough to say no but I’m trying to golf not feel like Im in a Best Buy avoiding sales reps. @mtbloco and I bought drinks from a cart girl at Hammock Beach. Very nice. But she starts in on the schtick. Where are you from, what do you guys do. Every time we go to answer the question. She interrupts and asks a new question. All while offering us more booze in between. “You sure you guys don’t want shots” .
No ma’am. Its been 5 minutes I’d like to just hit my next shot if I could lol.

it’s not the girls faults though as they are just doing their job and 50% of the groups can’t resist and eat it up. ATTN: all golf groups over 45+ the cart girl doesn’t want to sleep with you no matter how much you tip or party with them. I understand some people are just having a good time and the cart girl is helping them out. That’s great all power to you. But some groups you listen in to the convos, and these guys are just the dirtiest dudes you can imagine. it’s like the strip club. THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY. You can always tell when a cart girl has a guy roped in. You can only shake your head. Another fallen soldier.

I’ve had twice to wait on groups this year that eventually just let us pass while they are chopping it up with the cart girl. I love a great time by all, and am happy they serve drinks on the course trust me. But once it starts slowing the round down significantly and I feel like I’m being pitched a timeshare it wears on me. Lol

With all that being said to all the cart girls out salute to you, and keep getting your 💰.

Fun story from this. My wife used to work at my course on the cart. Made crazy good money for a couple summers while on break from teaching.
She wore normal golf shorts (not crazy short, definitely not skirts) and a course assigned polo shirt (not at all revealing) each day she worked.

After the first couple weeks, my dad was playing with one of the larger groups and one of the guys began to start 'discussing' the new cart girl, to which half the guys started laughing and my Dad leaned over to say "that's my daughter in law" hahahahaha! That was the end of it, and she never felt like she got treated inappropriately (thankfully).

Obviously a more controlled situation, but I am incredibly glad to be a part of a course where the members often police themselves on things like that. I truly believe that course culture and how the cart staff presents themselves play critical roles.

18-20 years ago, the Ticket - a sports radio station in Dallas - would have a feature on cart girls of the month in its monthly newsletters.

I think this thread needs to go away..

I've seen some really incredibly rude and crass behavior toward cart girls before. I often play with my boys and I'll say something to whomever we play with if it gets too bad. I'm painfully conscious that the behavior I model and allow to be modeled around us in front of my sons makes it acceptable. Yes, this is a job where people are being paid for tips, but they aren't there to be constantly harassed by amateurs that will just end up duffing the ball after she leaves.

Treat people with respect and courtesy. I've had extremely good experiences when I'm nice and enjoying the day, smile and leave a good sized tip for them. I've seen them at times skip groups to come back to us to make sure we had a good time and what we needed.

I usually give a good tip because I want them to come back regularly. I am a mid 50s guy so I have no other aspirations besides regular visits to keep me properly hydrated.

My thought exactly.

I want them to want to stop at my group for good tips, not remembering we're old pervs

I'm 55 years old and have been invisible to young hot girls for many years already! I don't want them to be uncomfortable stopping at my foursome.

It's become a weird and acceptable norm for the cart girl to be "hot" and for guys to hit on them. It is clear that CC/golf courses purposely hire pretty girls to make excessive sales.

Some guys have delayed games because they are flirting with the cart girl and it is frustrating. As others have mentioned, it is best to be respectful and enjoy the game.

I think this thread needs to go away..
The thread is fine, and honestly a good conversation as long as everyone keeps it respectful.

im waiting for someone to say "my wife was a cart girl" :p
and dan did, i did not see that part.

This is a topic I’m excited to broach.

*Disclaimer*
Let me say a disclaimer that in no way shape or form am I trying to offend anyone

The cart girl position is a full blown sales person job. The only courses that have cart girls in my area are the really nice courses. With the amount of volume the course gets and the expectation of spending a lot when you pay a 60+ green fee these girls can make just like @greg19 said. $500+ per day..... they can’t work 5 days a week like a full time job but if they can that’s $2500 a week. SHEESH. Sign me up. Except my ugly mug would be lucky to earn $20 bucks in tips. Which brings me to my next point.

I don’t know where the courses find these girls but good lord. It’s almost like some of the courses just pool out of modeling agencies. It’s like when someone goes to Hollywood and it’s like EVERYONE looks like this!?! Like the great Derek Zoolander says, "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?"

With these girls yes. I work in sales and I can tell you these women are trained sales professionals. They see a customer make a judgement on what’s the best sales tactic to use and just hammer it home.

I’ve had an interaction with probably 5 different girls this year. I’d say 4 out of the 5 were extremely flirty, flaunting their “assets”, and just trying to up sell everything. I can’t drink heavy on the course or I’ll play horrible. So I try to stay chill while drinking. If I say I want 3 Miller lights, don’t beg me to up to a 6 pack. One girl was trying to get us to take shots so bad. After saying we might take her up on it later. The second time around she already has the shots poured....and then the guilt trip starts. I thought it was clever and didn’t care enough to say no but I’m trying to golf not feel like Im in a Best Buy avoiding sales reps. @mtbloco and I bought drinks from a cart girl at Hammock Beach. Very nice. But she starts in on the schtick. Where are you from, what do you guys do. Every time we go to answer the question. She interrupts and asks a new question. All while offering us more booze in between. “You sure you guys don’t want shots” .
No ma’am. Its been 5 minutes I’d like to just hit my next shot if I could lol.

it’s not the girls faults though as they are just doing their job and 50% of the groups can’t resist and eat it up. ATTN: all golf groups over 45+ the cart girl doesn’t want to sleep with you no matter how much you tip or party with them. I understand some people are just having a good time and the cart girl is helping them out. That’s great all power to you. But some groups you listen in to the convos, and these guys are just the dirtiest dudes you can imagine. it’s like the strip club. THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY. You can always tell when a cart girl has a guy roped in. You can only shake your head. Another fallen soldier.

I’ve had twice to wait on groups this year that eventually just let us pass while they are chopping it up with the cart girl. I love a great time by all, and am happy they serve drinks on the course trust me. But once it starts slowing the round down significantly and I feel like I’m being pitched a timeshare it wears on me. Lol

With all that being said to all the cart girls out salute to you, and keep getting your 💰.

You just triggered a great memory from day 1 of the event. The Cart Girl was practicing the same schtick. When @BHGtylerb tells her that he is from Minneapolis....She gets really excited proclaiming how she *LOVES* Fargo! and processed to tell us all about the plot. The look on Tyler and my faces as we tried with all of our might to not tell her that took place in North Dakota.

I did drop in a "dont-cha-no"

What an interesting topic. I think it is pretty ridiculous when guys start being weird and asking differently to try and impress the cart girl or something. I don't know if it is because they are out with their "bros" or what but it makes no sense to me. Seems like an easy job though for the most part as long as you don't have to deal with creepy old men.
In Vegas I got annoyed the cart girl was taken so long doing everything and wanted to go hit my shot more than fraternize with her. I don't care who brings me beverages on the course so long as they are prompt and courteous.

Men are dumb. Especially when they're drinking.

I usually tip extra just because I know what crap they're dealing with and I appreciate them being out there. Plus you also hope it means she comes back more often. I'd do it even if it weren't a female. I just like to stay hydrated.

im waiting for someone to say "my wife was a cart girl" :p
and dan did, i did not see that part.
haha, she did.. but that's not how I met her which is where I think you were going with it :ROFLMAO:

Fun story from this. My wife used to work at my course on the cart. Made crazy good money for a couple summers while on break from teaching.
She wore normal golf shorts (not crazy short, definitely not skirts) and a course assigned polo shirt (not at all revealing) each day she worked.

After the first couple weeks, my dad was playing with one of the larger groups and one of the guys began to start 'discussing' the new cart girl, to which half the guys started laughing and my Dad leaned over to say "that's my daughter in law" hahahahaha! That was the end of it, and she never felt like she got treated inappropriately (thankfully).

Obviously a more controlled situation, but I am incredibly glad to be a part of a course where the members often police themselves on things like that. I truly believe that course culture and how the cart staff presents themselves play critical roles.
I would have to think that behavior is a lot better at clubs than public courses though, right?

I only buy from the carts when there's a hot girl driving them. If a homely girl is driving I never buy anything even if I'm hungry or thirsty. When the hots ones are on I buy a lot, give great tips and flirt like crazy. Over the years I've been able to bring many of them home or just get in back seat of the car.

So if a golf course wants to make more money off the carts hire super hot women and dress them in a way that men notice all their attributes. Sex sells!!!

I understand that most of your posts on the THP Forum are designed to get a rise out of people (some would call that trolling), but if you would like to continue to be a member here, let's remember it is a family friendly forum and please discontinue the new threads such as hot girls, politics, i'm hammered, i'm super rich, etc.

This is a silly thread. Just treat them the way you'd like to be treated.

haha, she did.. but that's not how I met her which is where I think you were going with it :ROFLMAO:
yes, and i will say there's nothing wrong with that with appropriate age similarities. not 18 or 20 to 55..
which brings up another thing i was thinking of, dont you have to be 21 to serve beer??

I would have to think that behavior is a lot better at clubs than public courses though, right?
Great question. I don't play a lot of public golf so I don't know.

Generally speaking, as we have Ladies leading our food and beverage department, they have done an excellent job hiring cart staff that is more inclined to not play into that kind of nonsense the way some of these stories would suggest.

Back