Lets talk about....The Cart Girl

I don’t play courses with them regularly, but when I have I just either buy a drink and tip if I’m thirsty or wave her off and let her serve the next group. I’m relatively young (30), but am happily married and have no interest in flirting with somebody well out of my league at this stage of my life.

It's a pretty bartender in a less busy and more interactive setting. Plenty of dudes hit on the girl serving them drinks in every other place. I get that it sucks for the girls in a way, but it's generally part of the job of serving people drinks regardless of sex or setting.

Last edited:
Our men's club had an incident with one of the members getting out of line with a cart girl. Whatever was said was extremely offensive to her. Half the club wanted to beat him up, and he ended up getting suspended from the club. It's been a few years now and she still works there but he's not around anymore. Just be a good person.

They are out there to bring you beverages on course, nothing else.... but I have seen it soooo many times where guys start tipping excessively in the hopes that she will flirt with them a bit. Often at charity outings but sometimes on course, buying her shots. I have seen one get so drunk that she drove over a bunker in the beverage cart dukes of hazzard style :oops: luckily she was ok.

They put up with a lot of crap and I'm guessing make decent money but my question is why is this behavior acceptable?
Not acceptable if you ask me...

50+ posts in the thread so far, and I am pretty comfortable suggesting you're on an island by yourself with garbage like this.

Glad I have this clown blocked so I don’t see his ridiculous posts anymore

not trying to sound sexist but they know what they are getting themselves into and if they show even the littlest attention to some fools they get better tips.

most of our courses do not have "cart girls" but the few times i have played on courses that do, it is funny as hell watching my fellow players think they have a shot with them. fat old guy playing golf have a great chance....lol (sorry not all of us are fat guys)

edit: the high school girl just working a summer job does not fit into this. i was in a THP even recently and to say the "cart girl" knew what she was doing would be an understatement. and it worked very well on the guy i was playing with....and no i will not say who it was

Last edited:
There is a good chance my soon to be 21-year-old daughter will be working at the resort course near our home as a cart girl next summer. She has a couple of friends who have worked there as a summer job and they make $500-700 per day during tournament days which happen a couple of days each week most of the summer. I'm sure I'll get some funny stories of middle-aged men acting like fools.

BTW, men being stupid towards the opposite sex is not limited to the golf course. My wife has worked 30 years in Human Resources and has had to fire many VP level or higher professional men for sexual harassment/inappropriate behavior. Recently she had to terminate an executive making seven figures for sexting a coworker. I can remember her only having to discipline one female for such inappropriate behavior over her career.

500-700 a day is an incredible amount of money for someone that age. The all cash piece of it helps too

Last edited:
I can't remember if it that one or one of the DFW golf publications for this, but the head pro at my club said at one of his previous clubs (Coyote Ridge) they always had cart girls win this. Apparently you could go in and vote again after a certain time frame so members would vote multiple times.
It could've been Avid Golfer.

I always seem to get the fill in cart lady who never even knows what they have in the cart.

Last edited:
Listen, I'm in your camp - I'm not one of those guys, I have a daughter, etc. But let's be real here, the ladies have to know what they are getting themselves into and they have substantial ability to moderate / influence / control the interactions by their clothing choices and their own behavior so I don't exactly see the ladies as wilting flowers.

I agree with this 10000%. I wasn't a cart girl but I was a cocktail waitress in college and for about a year after college, and your statement is spot on.

There is a good chance my soon to be 21-year-old daughter will be working at the resort course near our home as a cart girl next summer. She has a couple of friends who have worked there as a summer job and they make $500-700 per day during tournament days which happen a couple of days each week most of the summer. I'm sure I'll get some funny stories of middle-aged men acting like fools.

BTW, men being stupid towards the opposite sex is not limited to the golf course. My wife has worked 30 years in Human Resources and has had to fire many VP level or higher professional men for sexual harassment/inappropriate behavior. Recently she had to terminate an executive making seven figures for sexting a coworker. I can remember her only having to discipline one female for such inappropriate behavior over her career.
A few years ago I was surprised to see the daughter of our church’s youth director in a cart serving at a course. The daughter had been my kids Sunday school teacher for several years. I had preconceived notions of her innocence and lack of worldly social sophistication. She survived if not thrived in the position. It was a reminder that most all girls incrementally acquire the skills to deal with idiot males because we are idiots from an early age.

I have no problem with single people flirting with single people, however, it does bother me when it's age inappropriate; men flirting with young cart girls is just wrong!

With that being said, I've seen many young cart girls wearing yoga pants, short shorts, tight tops and even mid-drifts with jewelry in their belly, and way too much makeup for a day in the sun. Clearly using there physical attributes however they can to get your money; no different than Hooters or Twin Peaks girls.

Regardless, golfers need to be Nice, Respectful and Tip Appropriately.

FWIW, I've seen 100's of cart girls over the years, enough to discourage any young girl/woman I know from being one.

Personally never really hit on a cart girl. They are just trying to make a living like everybody else. If I was younger, single, and had no kids, well I might would have flirt a bit back in the day but thats about it. It can be an issue sometimes too with morons holding up the course because instead of playing golf they are busy thinking they have a shot with her. Order your drink, give them a tip, and go back to swinging the clubs.

My course has very attractive bev cart girls and I see guys flirting every men’s day. I can’t imagine what they hear every week!

I haven’t run into any awkward situations yet, but if any of my buddies intend to handle themselves like anything other than a gentleman with the cart girl then they better be prepared for awkwardness, embarrassment, and ridicule because that doesn’t fly.

I have no problem with single people flirting with single people, however, it does bother me when it's age inappropriate; men flirting with young cart girls is just wrong!
The day I stop finding pretty young girls attractive is about the day they'll start preparing me for my dirt nap
lol.gif
Or, put another way: I'm old, but I ain't blind yet.

That being said: There's a big difference between casual, consensual, harmless flirting everybody knows is going nowhere and guys hitting on girls. Particularly aggressive hitting-upon. I think that to which most here are objecting is guys hitting on the cart girls. Yeah: "Older" men hitting on young carts girls is inappropriate.

Heck, young guys that can't seem to catch a hint are just as inappropriate, IMO. Saw that happening in the dry sauna at my old gym one day. This guy was hitting on this young woman something fierce. She obviously wanted none of it. He kept at it. Feeling bad for the poor young lady I inserted myself into the conversation, which earned me a look of gratitude from her, a look of annoyance from him, and forced him to back off a bit. After she left I had a talk with the young man.

When I played with some of my religious friends back in the day, we were 40 yr old - they would ogle, lear, flirt, etc. while I shook my head in a face palm.

On the course, I'm too busy staying ahead, usually, and smile, ask for whatever, pay and tip, and close it with a "Thank you."

FWIW I've seen the girls hitting on guys too, it definitely goes both ways. Its the guys trying to get them drunk with the constant "come on lets do a shot" I have a big problem with.

Pickup lines as told by a cart girl:

Worst pick-up line: Are you an Italian thief? Because you just stole a pizza my heart. I replied “That is so cheesy.”

Worst pick-up line: “Can I follow you home? My mom always told me to follow my dreams.”

Worst pick-up line: “Hey, come on. I promise I turn 18 in a month!”

Worst pick-up line: “Do you know how to swing a golf club? Because I need some help with my stroke.”

Last edited:
Cart girls hit on me all the time. I like it and they know after their shift they can come home with me. It's a great golf course.

What's the name of that simulator app?

I used to play in a law enforcement 4 man scramble and the hosting police dept. always had a couple girls 20-25 yoa dressed in skimpy outfits as cart girls.
They led off the tournament by doing cartwheels across the first tee. They made mucho dinero. I'm sure it wouldn't be tolerated any more. This was 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Back