Lexi Thompson on Golf Digest

Lexi Thompson on Golf Digest

• Great cover, no problem with it at all!

Votes: 66 41.8%
  • Don't like it, could have conveyed their message in a different manner.

Votes: 33 20.9%
  • Don't really care either way.

Votes: 59 37.3%

• Total voters
Lexi Thompson actually plays golf, so as long as she's fine with it, it's fine by me as well. The issue that had Paulina Gretzky, who has no relation with high level golf other than polishing DJ's driver every now and then, was way more ridiculous than this in my opinion. Of course GD is desperate, but I'd rather see them being desperate using good golfers.

The GD cover is no different than women's fitness mags this month. I don't have a problem with it.

You look at the golf gear that the major companies like Puma, Nike, and Adidas make for women, then compare that to what some of the club rules are and there is a complete disconnect: "no skirts or shorts more than 5" above the knee" - this rule still exists for tournaments and for club play. This I have a problem with because I have a heck of a time finding golf gear that fits this definition - meaning that if the tournament is strict and it's hot I'm playing in long pants.

As long as Lexi is comfortable with the picture, why would anyone else care?
If you don't like it, don't buy the magazine.
Seems simple to me.

I think it is interesting and perhaps telling that in GD's online magazine, Stix they show Lexi but they put a top on her .Prety much the same pose.She looks great and strong without having to show skin.

My wife thought it was a dude on the cover.

That was my first thought, Tracy thought it was a euro male model and asked what it had to do with golf. I was like, it sells magazines? She laughed
I totally see it. She doesn't look very feminine in the picture at all. She looks a little like a guy about ready to head into a boxing ring.

I'd rather have her shirtless than Rory. I got some funny looks flipping through the one that just arrived in the mail.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Chase, I hear ya on that one. GoBigBlue

I'd rather have her shirtless than Rory. I got some funny looks flipping through the one that just arrived in the mail.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Back