Lexi Thompson on Golf Digest

Lexi Thompson on Golf Digest

• Great cover, no problem with it at all!

Votes: 66 41.8%
  • Don't like it, could have conveyed their message in a different manner.

Votes: 33 20.9%
  • Don't really care either way.

Votes: 59 37.3%

• Total voters
Just change the name to Golf Maxim. I'll keep my subscription

Go to any Beach in Brazil and she would be considered almost fully dressed and needing to eat a solid meal.

She's overdressed for a day at the pool in Germany.

If they're going to have a picture of a lady golfer with effectively no shirt on, they could certainly have done worse than Lexi Thompson.

My biggest issue with the whole thing is there are way too many clothes on!

I'm torn. She's very attractive, and I'm sure she had 100% say in the cover's photo in that she was OK with them snapping that pic. Is that the pic I want my 14 yr old daughter to see when I talk to her about the LPGA? No, it's not. But print media is dying, and something like this is A) far better than what's on some Cosmo covers in the supermarket checkout line, and B) going to sell some issues, which is the whole point of it.

OK, my wife said it was a little offensive.

I change my vote, super offensive cover

What constitutes a pervert?

I certainly don't mind looking at pictures of scantily clad women, although honestly I find nothing about Lexi Thompson attractive.

I didn't see any comments on interwebz from any pervs

OK, my wife said it was a little offensive.

I change my vote, super offensive cover

Can't tell if serious but why would anyone find this offensive ?

Bathing suits cover less than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally as a woman I don't find this cover offensive at all.
I've seen women work out in sports bras that show more of their breasts than she is showing. She works hard for her body if she chooses to show it that is her choice.

I've seen women work out in sports bras that show more of their breasts than she is showing. She works hard for her body if she chooses to show it that is her choice.

Dean is far too lucky.

She actually said it's offensive because Go claims it's a "fitness issue." it insults her intelligence. She wouldn't have a problem if they just called it the "sideboob " issue.

Jenn and side boob for the win!

I think we go a little overboard in North America as it relates to the amount of skin showing, purely because if she'd been wearing a bathing suit that covers the 'typical' areas it'd be okay. Cover more and show something different and suddenly half the viewers are up in arms. I don't think it's offensive, I think it's different, and some don't like 'different'.

Also, I think she could beat me up -- And that does not appeal to me hahaha

She actually said it's offensive because Go claims it's a "fitness issue." it insults her intelligence. She wouldn't have a problem if they just called it the "sideboob " issue.
I'm guessing they discuss fitness in the magazine, which would qualify it as a fitness issue... No?

Mission accomplished: We are talking. She's 20 years old now, I think she can handle herself. Sure, it's a bit risque similar to the Hannah Davis and the SI Swimsuit cover, but we will get over it in a few days.

Now get off my lawn! :alien:

Young man, why don't you get back on the Nintendo and let the elders worry about the lawn...

:alien:

I'm guessing they discuss fitness in the magazine, which would qualify it as a fitness issue... No?
Sure. But don't lie to us. Just say "Lexi Thompson is on the cover because she's good-looking and works out. She's wearing that towel because boobies."

It's Blu, of course he's not serious.

But it's America, if you release a picture, somebody somewhere will be offended.

I don't have a problem with it, she is in great shape and is an attractive women and if she decides to show off what she is working with than more power to her.

For her brand, not sure it is the best strategy as while it might find her some new fans (guessing mostly men) it might push some with children to root for other players on the LPGA due to the more risqué nature of the cover.

I am curious what the LPGA commissioner thinks, I am sure he understands that some people tune in to follow some of the lovely ladies and that is fine, but golfers for the most part are very conservative (see the thread on here about PGA players wearing shorts). It is getting exposure for sure, just not sure if it is the type they want.

Frankly, at least she is relevant to the game, NOT almost kind of because she is married to a PGA player and has a huge instagram following.

Last edited:
Why would the LPGA care? Girls show as much skin if not more on tour.... especially in the nether regions..

So funny. I don't get this at all, to be honest.

Just GD doing anything they can to sell the mag. Wonder what she got paid for that shot? I still just don't get why these young girls think they need to do this?

Here is her Instagram page; https://instagram.com/lexi/

Only time will tell if the preverts come out of the woodwork..............

I'm here. What is wrong with her instagram page? I see a few photos of military, pro'ams, her GD cover, and her golfing.

I really don't see why people think this is a big deal maybe they need to leave the house once in a while.

It's Blu, of course he's not serious.

But it's America, if you release a picture, somebody somewhere will be offended.
I was serious to a small degree. It's really transparent, in my opinion, that the cover was choosen because she's a good looking young lady not wearing a shirt. I have no problem with the lack of shirt. For the record.

I was serious to a small degree. It's really transparent, in my opinion, that the cover was choosen because she's a good looking young lady not wearing a shirt. I have no problem with the lack of shirt. For the record.

I've seen a handful of attractive Lexi Thompson photos... These are not some of them.

I thought this was about fitness? Isn't the best way to show fitness with minimal clothing? Why isn't anyone up in arms because we have to see Rory topless?

I've seen a handful of attractive Lexi Thompson photos... These are not some of them.

I thought this was about fitness? Isn't the best way to show fitness with minimal clothing? Why isn't anyone up in arms because we have to see Rory topless?
I don't disagree with you. I posted something similar earlier.

I just find her drives sexy! I love that little hop and the definition of her calves when she does so.
450948112-lexi-thompson-of-the-usa-plays-her-tee-shot-gettyimages.jpg

So I open Twitter this morning on my phone and saw this today and after speaking with my wife about it, wondered what other people thought about this:
http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/2015-05/LPGA-fitness-photos#slide=1

I'm a 31 y.o. male and to me, this cover definitely goes in the wrong direction, IMO, for the LPGA. Here is the letter from the editor explaining his thoughts on the cover.

http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/2015-05/editors-letter-jerry-tarde

I really like the the letter from the editor. He couldn't be more right. Love the cover for the message it carries. Golfers are athletes and to play at the highest level you need to work at it harder than the next person.

Back