Live Update Thread & Contest - The 2016 HandCrafted Experience with Project X

Glad I played early today can't wait to follow along.

Question: For any of you previously fit in a store like I was and seeing the difference between store fittings and shaft expert fittings what is the biggest difference in the procedure to you.

Tweet sent!

Question: Is there any material on the near horizon that Project X is looking to integrate into their shafts, that right now might be considered as "outside the box"?

Tweet sent...

I'm searching for a stiff, low spinning mid launch shaft for my 105mph swing speed, something that would make me look good; at least make me look like I know what I'm doing...any suggestions based on your experience with this incredible experience?
Haha, nice question! Almost identical to mine!! I hope one of us gets an answer, I'd love to check into some PX love and see what they can do for me!

Are the gold bags gummy bears? Anyone partaking?

8 flags were used to create our baseline shafts. Don is going over each one right now.

Tweeted and question is:

What is the most overlooked or most important element to get right when fitting someone into a shaft out of length, weight, flex, kick point, and torque? Could you possibly list the order in which you determine each of these in a fitting?

Thanks and now that work has slowed a bit I can really follow this, I'm excited for everyone there!

Going over carbon fiber

6664b2a0a8712aa92559740f79ac59ab.jpg
Very interesting that Strength and Stiffness are on different axis. I would have thought the two factors were synonimous.

What surprised you the most about the process? Should you use the same #HZRDUS shaft in both the driver and 3 wood to get consistent ball flight? Enjoy this amazing experience!

Very interesting that Strength and Stiffness are on different axis. I would have thought the two factors were synonimous.
Stiffness = how stiff material is
Strength = how durable or easy to break

You can have a strong material L flex, but also a weak material X flex.

Twitterated have a blast guys looking forward to following along.

Stiffness = how stiff material is
Strength = how durable or easy to break

You can have a strong material L flex, but also a weak material X flex.

Is that one of the bigger determining factors in the cost of a shaft, the material strength?

My question - Do you ever see Kevlar composite ever coming into play in golf shaft production ?

Take the tour live on periscope with the guys.

Don's a smart man, he made sure you had Haribo gummy bears.. Unarguably the best maker of gummy bears in existence. I like those cups, a lot.

My question: If you have a person in a fitting that is stuck between two shafts where either one could work for them, which one are you more likely to suggest?

Don talking torque

8a3a1438d3a833d98db92a5a6a07fa14.jpg

Question : How many materials are used to make the Hzrdus

Drinking from one right now while I follow along. They keep drinks COLD.
f57a0632e62a0d2b6b62f3ffa67359f2.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Don't explaining the flags
1e8a47cf23fa78275df544fd293b68ef.jpg

Larry is a rolling Icon
dbebd3d3d7547d8982641e8dc5e36c7d.jpg

The periscope is awesome.

Larry is THE best. He will guide you guys right through the making of yours. I remember feeling super nervous about rolling my own because I was super scared I would mess it up and waste the materials.

Watching Larry roll a shaft. #HandCrafted
bb4c82066c5051a40b6de227fe13bc04.jpg

Are shafts essentially designed for tour use and they trickle down to the consumers, or are companies like Project X starting out looking for ways to improve the average golfer? What's the easiest flaw to correct for? Spin, loft etc..

Don spits truth at a blazing pace. already learned so much and will post about it but don't want to miss anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

everyone on the floor wearing this awesomeness today

3a2ca67da37f66f7ef2a6fe870866b7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back