Malaska Golf - Swing Coach

Working my way back through the M System now and really excited to get to the range and do some solid and focused practice. I can only go so far in my garage haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Working my way back through the M System now and really excited to get to the range and do some solid and focused practice. I can only go so far in my garage haha

Any update here? I am using him to help me get through a rough iron patch.

Any update here? I am using him to help me get through a rough iron patch.

Haven't really gotten the practice in that I would have hoped. I played last weekend and the front 9 was rough but the back was better. I hit some good shots but the irons were just awful, too many swing thoughts going through my head. Once I just stopped all that nonsense it got better.

His simple method of teaching the golf swing really has helped me gain confidence in what I am doing on the course.

Haven't really gotten the practice in that I would have hoped. I played last weekend and the front 9 was rough but the back was better. I hit some good shots but the irons were just awful, too many swing thoughts going through my head. Once I just stopped all that nonsense it got better.

His simple method of teaching the golf swing really has helped me gain confidence in what I am doing on the course.

Thanks Jesse. I agree...just getting the hands closer to the body in the downswing has helped straighten me out. Its amazing how little things can just kill your swing and your confidence...once your confidence goes...forget about it..
That is really what the constant fight is for....confidence.

MY KIND OF TEACHER! Physics vs Brain! Physics wins every time. So many teachers ignore golf swing physics. Thanks for the post! GREAT!

Thanks Jesse. I agree...just getting the hands closer to the body in the downswing has helped straighten me out. Its amazing how little things can just kill your swing and your confidence...once your confidence goes...forget about it..
That is really what the constant fight is for....confidence.

The hands dropping had been the hardest move for me to master. I need the practice time to ingrain it. Since my time is limited I much prefer to play vs practice but this is critical for me so I need to force myself to grab to the range.

Going this afternoon and will hopefully have positive results to report. Have you tried any of the drills in M5? Can’t wait to give them a go

I have watched a few of his youtube videos and like his methods and have used them on the range.

Has anyone subscribed to his site?
What more do you get?

I have watched a few of his youtube videos and like his methods and have used them on the range.

Has anyone subscribed to his site?
What more do you get?

I am subscribed and really like it. It is well put together and has some unique features like student lessons with normal hackers like me. There are a few more on here that joined as well. The M-System goes from beginner to advanced in a series of lessons.

I used a couple of GolfTec practice sessions yesterday to work on some of the M5 drills. Made a bit of a realization, it is way easier to practice when you have a plan as opposed to beating balls on the range. I need to keep this mentality as I move through this program. I actually enjoyed the practice session...

I signed up for the M-plan as well. Just to clean up, well everything, Just need the weather to cooperate a bit more as it was snowing again today!!!!!

I signed up for the M-plan as well. Just to clean up, well everything, Just need the weather to cooperate a bit more as it was snowing again today!!!!!

I like how he simplifies the swing and the game. I have worked through it twice now just really wish I had more time to practice but such is life. Playing Saturday and have a plan for the range before the round and somethings to work on during thr round.

Hit the ball really solidly yesterday and had ZERO penalties on the round which lead to shooting an 89 which given how much I played and practiced has me ecstatic!!!

I struggled in the greens and adjusted to the punched and dressed greens. One issue I had was with the line on the ball, I would set it up and it looked good from behind the ball then when I stepped over the ball to putt it looked off. I need to keep working with this moving forward.

Freaking great day on the course!!!

Got out yesterday for the 2nd time this year (1st since Florida in February) and shot the ball well. I have only gone through the first 4 lessons or so but putted the ball very well. Made a couple of 10 foot + puts including one to secure an eagle on a 500 yard par 5. Also drove the ball well, irons were the culprit to trouble.

So although I haven't had a lot of lessons maybe confidence is better because of them. Will still take them and keep trying to improve.

Still working with the Malaska swing/style and have seen improvements over the course of this past year. Still a work in progress though. One swing is a chunk and the next is an 8 iron that goes 150 yards and completely flys a green... I know I have what it takes to score and play better than I am just need to keep putting the work in. Damn this game is crazy but I love it

well... funny to see tadashi70 say how bad malaska is.... i took alot of advice from tadashi70 who totally ruined my swing. Was at 1 hcp now at 7. So would not be listening to him

well... funny to see tadashi70 say how bad malaska is.... i took alot of advice from tadashi70 who totally ruined my swing. Was at 1 hcp now at 7. So would not be listening to him

slow your roll. that’s disrespectful and uncalled for.

freddie gives a lot of his time and energy to this forum and has helped a ton of us get better. he had helped me pick up 50+ yards on my drives and cut my handicap in half.

if you were a 1 and slid to a 7, that’s on you. no tip or two is going to cause that kind of issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude,

Freddie is one of the nicest guys on here and he helps a lot of people on and off the Board.
Just cause his tip didn't work for you there's no reason to be disrespectful.

Can’t win them all, sorry I ruin your game. Wasn’t intentional, I promise.

Funny this was bumped today. I had an off day with the driver after work yesterday and went to the range today to work on it. I still had trouble and went back to one of the Malaska thoughts I like - steering wheel/tennis racket - and boom, driver was back on point.

Funny this was bumped today. I had an off day with the driver after work yesterday and went to the range today to work on it. I still had trouble and went back to one of the Malaska thoughts I like - steering wheel/tennis racket - and boom, driver was back on point.

Good to hear. He isn’t for everyone but I like him and his teaching style. I just need to spend a little time at the range working those drills.

Can’t win them all, sorry I ruin your game. Wasn’t intentional, I promise.

Haters gonna hate. Thanks for all you do for all THPers! It isn’t said enough!

Well I signed up after reading some of your posts. Me being a plus 30 handicap and doing the 3 clubs really sux. Right now I’m shooting about the same score with the 3 clubs as I do with the whole bag, just not losing as many balls lol.
But I have noticed an improvement in my swing with irons and also a distance gain on well struck balls. But today I pulled out my driver after playing for 3 holes after the front 9 and it was worse the ever. So a question for you guys should I just try to find a swing then tweak little things. Like moving grip strong or weak, opening or closing my stance or moving the ball foward or backwards in my stance. Or should I keep all those things the same and work on my swing. In/out, back swing length etc.

Well I signed up after reading some of your posts. Me being a plus 30 handicap and doing the 3 clubs really sux. Right now I’m shooting about the same score with the 3 clubs as I do with the whole bag, just not losing as many balls lol.
But I have noticed an improvement in my swing with irons and also a distance gain on well struck balls. But today I pulled out my driver after playing for 3 holes after the front 9 and it was worse the ever. So a question for you guys should I just try to find a swing then tweak little things. Like moving grip strong or weak, opening or closing my stance or moving the ball foward or backwards in my stance. Or should I keep all those things the same and work on my swing. In/out, back swing length etc.

First, I would decide which pro's advice you're going to follow. It could be Freddie here, it could be your local club or driving range pro, it could be Mike Malaska, Monte Scheinblum, or Shawn Clement (my favorite). But in my opinion, you should really try to primarily follow one. If you mix too many pros with too many differences in philosophy, you may find yourself conflicted on which way you should be going.

Once you've decided upon from whom you're going to take your guidance, the next step is to use their instructional material to establish solid fundamentals. You're not going to make good swings using a bad posture with a bad grip and bad ball position. So shore those things up first. A huge portion of what happens in your swing depends upon the quality of your setup. A bad setup means you're going to have to compensate and reroute.

I just watched a new Mike Malaska video:

Malaska Golf // Pitching Lesson: Building Your Golf Swing with LPGA Pro Giulia Sergas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE-KcPNkoZI

There is some great visual information in this video - especially regarding the "Feel isn't real" idea of how our eyes trick us because of how we are positioned during a golf swing.

Back