Memorial Day- Remember !!

Steele

Reaction score
Handicap
As we go about our long weekend, Please don't forget the reason for this Holiday. We want to honor all of Americas heroes that are no longer with us. They paid the ultimate sacrifice to provide us with the blanket of Freedom we enjoy today.
So as we play a round of golf, barbecue, or spend time with family let us remember. Freedom is not free !!..... and we are a grateful Nation.

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." - John F. Kennedy

memorial-day.jpg

Memorial Day
May 28, 2012 is a federal holiday observed annually in the United States on the last Monday of May. Formerly known as Decoration Day, it originated after the American Civil War to commemorate the fallen Union soldiers of the C...ivil War. By the 20th century Memorial Day had been extended to honor all Americans who have died in all wars. Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces.

im thankful for the people that protect everything that i enjoy every day and the people that died so that i can enjoy it. had a guy playing with me today who almost let the american pin flag touch the ground on the first hole. i made sure it didn't and explained it wouldn't all round.

http://www.theithacajournal.com/article/20120410/NEWS01/204100384/Cpl-Bordoni-comes-home

This happened last month in my community. Watching a motorcade pass with grieving family members really drives home just how real the sacrifice is, reminding us that this is happening to families all over this nation- not something that happens on the news in some far off land. This is a good family, and our community lost an incredible young man. If there was any good to come of it, it was seeing how everyone put their differences aside and came together to honor the family. It was unbelievable to see just how many people came out to show their support.

I extend my deepest gratitude to those of you that served, and to those families and individuals that have given the ultimate sacrifice.

As a prior service member I want to express my sincere THANK YOU you to all our Armed Forces members. The sacrifice that you all make on a daily basis is never forgotten.
To those, and the families of those, that have made the ultimate sacrifice my love, thoughts, and prayers go out to all of you on a daily basis.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

A few of my family members have been and are still active duty armed forces and some of my close friends as well, I am so grateful to them and anyone who has defended our country in any way! Their sacrifice is what keeps us safe, they fight so we can be free. I salute you all!

May those in our armed forces and their loved ones be blessed!

im thankful for the people that protect everything that i enjoy every day and the people that died so that i can enjoy it. had a guy playing with me today who almost let the american pin flag touch the ground on the first hole. i made sure it didn't and explained it wouldn't all round.

Atta boy Buckjob, a man after my own heart. I'm a softy when it comes to the Military and having a lot of pride in America. Maybe because I am a combat veteran like Royalwulff. I usually tear up when I hear "the Star Spangled Banner" and "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood...... :)

Thanks to JB and the Mods for letting us change paces from golf in this thread and give Thanks to our fallen soldiers.

You for sure need to remember this day. It is a holiday for a very good reason. Thousands have given it all so we can sit around on our PC's on a golf forum.

I'm certainly thankful. I always try to remember this holiday.

552877_410168035673129_100000398087327_1314393_411352827_n.jpg

Thank you to all the Veterans who have sacrificed for our freedoms.

A huge thanks to all of the Veterans and current members of the Military! My son is in the Navy and currently stationed in Pennsacola

Thank you Veterans and your families, your sacrifice, dedication and patriotism is appreciated.

The pictures make me speechless. thank you to all of the veterans, and please remember that if you see an active military member or veteran, thank them for their service.

~Rock

Steele, thanks for starting this thread. It is indeed a very special day. My thanks to all that serve and that includes all the civilian organizations as well.

klc130.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back