Mental Health: Make it a Priority

We dropped my FIL off at the local mental hospital last night. This will be his 5th hospitalization in the past 20 years. Bi-polar with delusional thoughts, and now add contemplating suicide... The bi-polar meds give him parkinsonian tremors. Been a long road, and every time he breaks it's a little worse than the last time. At some point we'll probably have to make the hard decision to move him to a place with constant monitoring. He hides it really well when things start to slip, until he can't.

Please everyone, if you are feeling overwhelmed or like you are at a breaking point- reach out to someone and be honest about how you are feeling.

we are dealing with an issue in the family right now. we are praying for the best but as more time passes we are losing hope. life is tough, and the holidays often make them harder. if you’re struggling, please talk to someone.

Mental health issues are hitting my family HARD these past 6 months. They have ended up putting somebody close to me in jail on felony charges.

Love and cherish those around you.

Last edited:
This title is feeling more and more real every day..

This title is feeling more and more real every day..
I hear this. I stepped in to my current role of multi-facility management in June. Prior to that, it was one facility with my 100% attention. Now, it's multiple. Lot's of conference calls, more desk time and less hands on operations and more directing others from afar.

It can be a lot at times, but also, on good days just absolutely rewarding.

I focus on the good days vs the draining days. It takes the right mindset, my man, and some times it takes an escape, like this place, to just get right.

I hear this. I stepped in to my current role of multi-facility management in June. Prior to that, it was one facility with my 100% attention. Now, it's multiple. Lot's of conference calls, more desk time and less hands on operations and more directing others from afar.

It can be a lot at times, but also, on good days just absolutely rewarding.

I focus on the good days vs the draining days. It takes the right mindset, my man, and some times it takes an escape, like this place, to just get right.

It was good today. I was in a car today with my boss, my bosses boss, and his boss. We were doing a customer visit. It was a 30 min drive and they were chatting away having a good time. The whole time I was on my phone responding to emails, took and made like 5 calls, sent a few text messages etc. Finally The VP (bosses, boss, boss) Said dang! are you always this busy? I said, yeah, and it doesn't ever stop..

All this with taking about a 30% pay cut because we are not getting any variable comp, and working more for free because we have had a reduced head count, and wild inflation happening and I am broke, stressed out and burning the candle from all directions..

Luckily I come here to enjoy some mental breaks during the day. Or I would probably implode.

It was good today. I was in a car today with my boss, my bosses boss, and his boss. We were doing a customer visit. It was a 30 min drive and they were chatting away having a good time. The whole time I was on my phone responding to emails, took and made like 5 calls, sent a few text messages etc. Finally The VP (bosses, boss, boss) Said dang! are you always this busy? I said, yeah, and it doesn't ever stop..
Meanwhile they are just chatting away...

Meanwhile they are just chatting away...
yep.. the perks of being an executive I guess.. Get to tell everyone that you are not hitting your goals and need to do better. While flying out on the company jet and not being interrupted during Thanksgiving.

All this with taking about a 30% pay cut because we are not getting any variable comp, and working more for free because we have had a reduced head count, and wild inflation happening and I am broke, stressed out and burning the candle from all directions..

Luckily I come here to enjoy some mental breaks during the day. Or I would probably implode.
You got my number man. Hit me up if you need to

It's been a tough week.

On Thursday , a WFH workmate called me (I'm a wfh) and told me he was getting ready to quit because he couldn't stand it anymore.

After a few minutes he started crying and he told me he has imposter system. Despite having several promotions and excellent annual reviews "He knows" they are going to discover he is a fake.

I am a sober addict and only have a few tools to use, but calmed him down and he is meeting with a professional on Wednesday.

Then on Friday my son called. He was crying and frantic. Turns out, unknown to either family, his significant other has been mentally abusive for the past two years. By Saturday, he had told her it was over.

Our family and hers have embraced our families with open arms. They love my son, We love their daughter.

Heartbreaking.. She has moved back to her family home in an adjacent town and he has stayed in their apartment where he'll stay as its close to his job. He is the significant earner. Luckily there are no children involved.

He'll be OK. But damn, me and Mrs U9 feel like we have gone through the wringer

You just don't know when people are suffering.

Hi friends, the holidays can be a tough time for many. Always important to be open-minded and supportive (y)

It's been a tough week.

On Thursday , a WFH workmate called me (I'm a wfh) and told me he was getting ready to quit because he couldn't stand it anymore.

After a few minutes he started crying and he told me he has imposter system. Despite having several promotions and excellent annual reviews "He knows" they are going to discover he is a fake.

I am a sober addict and only have a few tools to use, but calmed him down and he is meeting with a professional on Wednesday.

Then on Friday my son called. He was crying and frantic. Turns out, unknown to either family, his significant other has been mentally abusive for the past two years. By Saturday, he had told her it was over.

Our family and hers have embraced our families with open arms. They love my son, We love their daughter.

Heartbreaking.. She has moved back to her family home in an adjacent town and he has stayed in their apartment where he'll stay as its close to his job. He is the significant earner. Luckily there are no children involved.

He'll be OK. But damn, me and Mrs U9 feel like we have gone through the wringer

You just don't know when people are suffering.
Geeze man. Awful when things just compound. Sorry to hear your family is dealing with all of that

How’s everyone doing? Been going through it just a bit the last few days.

I hope you’re all well. And if anyone ever needs a voice or a friend please reach out!
Same goes out to you, always a 2-way street.

Sorry to hear the last few days have been rough. This time of year can be so tough for so many reasons.

I hope you’re all well. And if anyone ever needs a voice or a friend please reach out!
I thought I might be falling into an old trap last week, but getting back to better health snapped me out of it.

If anyone needs an ear, my DMs are always open

I appreciate the post. Things are going well for me. The new place and the renovation work on it to keep me busy has been therapeutic for me. Hope you and everyone here are doing well

This week has been very difficult for me. I have some problems in my private life, a lot of work tasks, and I feel the pressure of all this.
But it'll get better, I know it, I just have to wait and do everything I can to make myself feel better every day

Christmas and this time of year are awful for my mindset and mental health. I've tried to enjoy this time of year, it just weighs me down. Dull, gray, dreary weather, getting dark at 4pm... indoors 90% of the day. I told my wife, it's bad when I want to get these 2 weeks over(Christmas leave) and go back to work. 😮‍💨

Converting the spin bike turned coat rack back to its originally intended purpose. 10 minutes a day. Committing to something that I can control regardless of the extracurriculars. Baby steps!

Christmas gets harder every year. I'm so grateful I have my wife and daughter to focus on but it's not a great day for me.

My mum turned 70 today but a year ago I wasn't sure she'd make it this far. We were home in NZ last Chris for the first time in 5 years as a family (parents had made regular trips until covid). She was hospitalized Christmas morning and we weren't sure she'd come out of there, I said goodbye to her at the hospital before leaving and truly didn't know if she'd make it out of there.

I'm sad to say but my mum is gone, she's still with us physically but the early-onset alzheimer's is so far progressed she's not there. I've not dealt with it well, buried my head in the sand and hid away from it and it's getting worse mentally.

Christmas gets harder every year. I'm so grateful I have my wife and daughter to focus on but it's not a great day for me.

My mum turned 70 today but a year ago I wasn't sure she'd make it this far. We were home in NZ last Chris for the first time in 5 years as a family (parents had made regular trips until covid). She was hospitalized Christmas morning and we weren't sure she'd come out of there, I said goodbye to her at the hospital before leaving and truly didn't know if she'd make it out of there.

I'm sad to say but my mum is gone, she's still with us physically but the early-onset alzheimer's is so far progressed she's not there. I've not dealt with it well, buried my head in the sand and hid away from it and it's getting worse mentally.
Stay strong. Wishing you the best.

Really sorry to hear, alzheimer is a harsh disease to follow in your loved ones.

Wishing you all the best and hope you have people to talk to about your feelings along the way. DM's are always open.

Back