Mini Tour Players?

allenpc28

Reaction score
Handicap
None
Anyone playing or has played in any mini tours recently? If so, where? and did you enjoy it/find it worth it? I'm graduating college this May and wanting to spend the summer at least giving a whirl in the mini tour world.

Mini tour can mean many different things. Scores that win are usually 65-70 for one day events, and 133-145 for two day events. You learn a lot about your game and how different a competitive game is..

Anyone playing or has played in any mini tours recently? If so, where? and did you enjoy it/find it worth it? I'm graduating college this May and wanting to spend the summer at least giving a whirl in the mini tour world.

While I haven't played myself(may want to if I ever get better) are you prepared to spend that kind of cash fresh out of college? Just are you prepared is what I mean.

If anything you sound confident and that can take you anywhere you want. Just hope you're able to support yourself in your dream! I'm sure someone around THP can give you some tips or something!

I'm going to play 1 Mini-Tour event this summer at one of my local courses that I know quite well. Playing as an Amateur. Looking to just gain experience.

I'm playing in some events this year as an amateur to see if I'm ready to spend that money.good luck to you guys and i hope to hear how it goes

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk 2

I shall follow those who are attempting such feats this year with interest. Good luck to you !

I workout with a mini tour player several times a week and he loves it, it's expensive sometimes he said but they supplement the income with skins games, lessons, and night time jobs so they can practice through the day. He's not terribly longer than me but man is he accurate, and he sinks everything from 12 feet and in on the greens, and it's rare that he's outside of that, it's awesome to watch. Have fun if you decide do it not many people will ever get that chance.

I workout with a mini tour player several times a week and he loves it, it's expensive sometimes he said but they supplement the income with skins games, lessons, and night time jobs so they can practice through the day. He's not terribly longer than me but man is he accurate, and he sinks everything from 12 feet and in on the greens, and it's rare that he's outside of that, it's awesome to watch. Have fun if you decide do it not many people will ever get that chance.

You know I'm interested in these skins games. Who plays em ??? The golf channel was talking about Geoff Ogilvy moving back to Arizona to supplement his practice with skins games . Who in there right mind takes on a pro ?

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

You know I'm interested in these skins games. Who plays em ??? The golf channel was talking about Geoff Ogilvy moving back to Arizona to supplement his practice with skins games . Who in there right mind takes on a pro ?

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk
I wonder as well. I know who doesn't take on a pro for money..... Me.

Are you looking just to have a good time or are you looking to be competitive? The modern day mini tours are filled with players that can take it deep. It really has become a serious breeding ground to move to the next level. Florida has a few, as does Arizona, CA and TX

Are you looking just to have a good time or are you looking to be competitive? The modern day mini tours are filled with players that can take it deep. It really has become a serious breeding ground to move to the next level. Florida has a few, as does Arizona, CA and TX

Played with a guy recently that plays on the West FL tour and he shot 63. He has won once or twice on this tour, but never really could take it to the next level. These guys in this area are really good.

Played with a guy recently that plays on the West FL tour and he shot 63. He has won once or twice on this tour, but never really could take it to the next level. These guys in this area are really good.
What was holding him back? Surely not his game.

What was holding him back? Surely not his game.

It was his game. He played on the Hooters tour and never got a top 10 during his one year on it. A couple of top 20s. Monday qualified one year for what is now the Transitions and did not make the cut.

Shooting 63 at a local course that you know incredibly well is very different than doing what you see these guys do on TV each and every week in my opinion.

You would be surprised how many Joe's will take their shot...if only to say they played him for $$.

There is a Friday game at a local muni. In the offseason, or off weeks, Chad Campbell would show occasionally up. I think Slocum's caddy (very good player) made a few appearances. There are usually multiple games going on. But, the general feeling is that if you can make 2-3 birdies, regardless of your score, you will at least break even or make a little. The funny thing is that this isn't a "big money" game. I think Campbell just likes the course and camardarie.

It was his game. He played on the Hooters tour and never got a top 10 during his one year on it. A couple of top 20s. Monday qualified one year for what is now the Transitions and did not make the cut.

Shooting 63 at a local course that you know incredibly well is very different than doing what you see these guys do on TV each and every week in my opinion.
I see. Yeah I play alot better at my local course than I do anywhere else..

What tour are you thinking about? A lot of guys use NTPGA Pro Series to warm up for Web.com and PGATour events.

It's amazing the level of talent here that doesn't make it for one reason or another lol, some of these guys go really low as you guys said.

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

I play in one every once in a while down here on thursdays, caps of all levels play in it, but most of us are below 5 and a few are plus 3 and 4s. We have a gross and a net and an overall skins game lol. You'd be surprised who wins money against those cats when they have to shell out 10 or 15 strokes against a 10 or 12 capper when he's having a good day. I've seen some crazy low scores but they can't make a cut on tour, it's shocking and a shame at the same time.

For anyone that's curious, the event I'll play in is the Peach State Tour here in GA.

For anyone that's curious, the event I'll play in is the Peach State Tour here in GA.

I was actually curious JT. I was googling stuff last night after this thread popped up. It's amazing what you can find.

I was actually curious JT. I was googling stuff last night after this thread popped up. It's amazing what you can find.

Yeah, and the course the specific Tourney will be at is the Trophy Cub of Atlanta. It's one of the most frequent courses I play at when I'm home in Roswell. So I figured I'd give it a shot and see where my game is at.

That's a pretty strong tour man, I had no idea you went that low JT. That's awesome!

http://www.ntpga.com/players-tour.html

First 2 events had:
JJ Killeen
Hunter Haas
Paul Stankowski
Nathan Green
Brad Elder
Matt Weibring
Brendan Pappas
...and probably another dozen or so Web.com players whose names I'm not familiar with.

I bet Florida has a similar tour due to so many players living in North Texas and the Florida region.

That's a pretty strong tour man, I had no idea you went that low JT. That's awesome!

I don't normally. I average now probably a 72. I can go low though. I just want to compare my game to those guys on a course that I know well.

All this talk makes me want ot hit the range. 2045 senior tour here I come haha

Back