Mitsubishi Kai'li White

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
I've done a bunch of searches and can't find a thread for it.

How does everyone feel about this shaft after it being out for a while? Experiences? Love it, hate it, in between?

Interested to see the posts here.

It was paired with the Stealth Plus last year, and it is just not for me. I took a few swings and it was a near immediate pass. Surprising for something that should theoretically be in my realm. Did not seem as described. I ended up going with a shaft I'm not very fond of over it, the RDX Red.

And then I didn't see many out there throughout the year. Maybe a local thing or they didn't make as many, but they didn't seem popular.

Well recent experience has told me unfortunately that I still can't stand it. I hope other people like it. It is seriously just a terrible match for me. Put one on the CPM machine, 60X, and it was 259 in a stock setup. I was not surprised.

This and the HZRDUS Silver are the two I’m super interested in this season

Thinking about it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Kai’li White in person. Saw Wunder stick a blue in @cm24 ‘s bag during the Grandaddy but that’s about it. When I saw the white was an option for the Paradym this year, I was excited. Then the HZRDUS silver popped up. And now my shaft wall will be growing by two

Quoting from a Paradym thread. Seems timely

it’s a low/low stout shaft, but a different feel than the Hzrdus black. It’s gonna be popular for those players this year for sure. IMO one of the best stock shafts Callaway has offered, but their whole lineup of stock shafts is killer this year.

Thinking about it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Kai’li White in person. Saw Wunder stick a blue in @cm24 ‘s bag during the Grandaddy but that’s about it. When I saw the white was an option for the Paradym this year, I was excited. Then the HZRDUS silver popped up. And now my shaft wall will be growing by two
I don't know this for an absolute fact, and I can't believe these words are even going to come out of my mouth with how I usually feel about this color profile, but I might prefer the blue.

Oh God, that was gross to even say. :LOL: I haven't swung any driver blue since Club Champion and I still contend that Jake may have been intentionally screwing with me on that. Lol

I don't know this for an absolute fact, and I can't believe these words are even going to come out of my mouth with how I usually feel about this color profile, but I might prefer the blue.

Oh God, that was gross to even say. :LOL: I haven't swung any driver blue since Club Champion and I still contend that Jake may have been intentionally screwing with me on that. Lol
Looking at Neil’s description of it, I don’t know why I want to try the white at all 😅 it’s not a profile that I should ever gravitate towards needing the launch that I do. But it doesn’t stop me from trying

If you’re familiar with the Hzrdus black, the Kai’li white is told to me as feeling similar, but a bit smoother, from some pga staffers I’ve fit recently.
I don't quite get the similarity. They tout the Kai'li as a white board with a blue board feel. I kind of forgot that until I looked but it makes a lot of sense now. I don't think anyone would categorize 4G black as blue board feel. The 4G black is stiff tip and butt, with ultra-stiff mid section, and the Kai'li White has an ultra stiff tip. Not sure about the rest but white boards tend to have more of a stiff handle and softer low mid leading to that very stiff tip.

Blue board feel is often described as easier because it's softer in the middle and feels easier to load. And that's why I hate it. I was joking about being handed one at that event because I didn't know how to react in the moment and asked him about it later. It came from a good place. I was still a little banged up at the time and he mentioned most find it a little easier. But easier for what? It's still a different profile that doesn't suit me so I'm not sure how much easier that is in the end.

So soft^ blue board feel is a hard pass for me, even if it's supposed to be a white. I play the Hzrdus Black pretty well though.

Didn't really like the white in driver.

Quite liked the blue, but probably more for a fairway wood.

I don't quite get the similarity. They tout the Kai'li as a white board with a blue board feel. I kind of forgot that until I looked but it makes a lot of sense now. I don't think anyone would categorize 4G black as blue board feel. The 4G black is stiff tip and butt, with ultra-stiff mid section, and the Kai'li White has an ultra stiff tip. Not sure about the rest but white boards tend to have more of a stiff handle and softer low mid leading to that very stiff tip.

Blue board feel is often described as easier because it's softer in the middle and feels easier to load. And that's why I hate it. I was joking about being handed one at that event because I didn't know how to react in the moment and asked him about it later. It came from a good place. I was still a little banged up at the time and he mentioned most find it a little easier. But easier for what? It's still a different profile that doesn't suit me so I'm not sure how much easier that is in the end.

So soft^ blue board feel is a hard pass for me, even if it's supposed to be a white. I play the Hzrdus Black pretty well though.

that makes a lot of sense. Not my profile, so I haven’t hit either of them yet, from a similarity standpoint, both of these are in play for that low/low player and then adjust from there on feel and needs.
Interesting though hearing your thoughts and explanation on why you hate it lol 👊

It was paired with the Stealth Plus last year, and it is just not for me. I took a few swings and it was a near immediate pass. Surprising for something that should theoretically be in my realm. Did not seem as described. I ended up going with a shaft I'm not very fond of over it, the RDX Red.

And then I didn't see many out there throughout the year. Maybe a local thing or they didn't make as many, but they didn't seem popular.

Well recent experience has told me unfortunately that I still can't stand it. I hope other people like it. It is seriously just a terrible match for me. Put one on the CPM machine, 60X, and it was 259 in a stock setup. I was not surprised.
Can you help me understand the 259 CPM number in terms of range? I want to say that is more towards a mid range then up there for a X flex but could wrong.

Can you help me understand the 259 CPM number in terms of range? I want to say that is more towards a mid range then up there for a X flex but could wrong.
This might help you. Standard chart.

74A3F1A1-11E0-4DF0-B053-E9BD223CD008.jpeg

Giving an engineer a three section chart 🤩
There are some measuring variances.
Weight on tip, most use 205.
Length of clamp can sometimes influence that as well. Either 5 or 7.5"

I’ve never tried this golf shaft before. I will keep an eye out for it. Is it a stock option or usually a custom item?

I’ve never tried this golf shaft before. I will keep an eye out for it. Is it a stock option or usually a custom item?
It was a stock option for the first time last year. That's why I tried it then. I think we'll see more of them this year. That's why I wanted to see what people have thought of it. I haven't seen many out there, but I have to assume it's been in play and being enjoyed by some. It's something that I think a lot would say feels nice.

@OldandStiff I know you're looking for data and experiences from THP but I remember TXG did a review.

@OldandStiff I know you're looking for data and experiences from THP but I remember TXG did a review.

Yeah I remember that because it was around the time it was paired with the Stealth and there was very little info about it. And some confusion of whether it was going to be a made-for shaft in it or not.
More of an offering this year so I'm hoping some people who put it in play last year can chime in about how it worked for them compared to some others.

I've done a bunch of searches and can't find a thread for it.

How does everyone feel about this shaft after it being out for a while? Experiences? Love it, hate it, in between?
Its a tough one for me, I want to love it, and the data shows I should love it, but I also feel like I don't time it as well as I could, if that makes sense? I think it is a hell of a fit for a lot of people, and man, it looks badass.

Wasn't the Kaili in the past more of a mid/mid shaft and the white was low/low? If so, it's an interesting name.

I used the white in the Stealth plus for a bit. It actually worked well for me but it really felt way softer than what I was expecting from a low/low X flex shaft… If my tempo was good it worked really well but if I got too quick it was rough.

Its a tough one for me, I want to love it, and the data shows I should love it, but I also feel like I don't time it as well as I could, if that makes sense? I think it is a hell of a fit for a lot of people, and man, it looks badass.
That is similar to how I felt regarding the shaft. Once I hit it for a bit I was able to time it better and got better results. Was in Edmonton today and tried it it the ping g430lst and found the same thing, didn’t get to spend much time to straighten it out as the family was eager to get to Galaxy land. Usually I am pretty straight with the driver but with this shaft I found that I put a fade on the ball.

Absolutely loved the 80g hybrid Kal’li white in the ping icrossover 4 iron. Only swung a hand full of times but felt great and all the ball did was go straight. I was a little concerned that it was going to be a little to low launch but that was not the case at all. So glad a took a chance on this shaft, want to spend some more time with the driver version. Glad it will be a stock option for a few this year

Back